200 protest New Square chicken plant

200 protest New Square chicken plant

There are 2 comments on the Journal News story from Nov 2, 2009, titled 200 protest New Square chicken plant. In it, Journal News reports that:

RAMAPO - Jeff Weinstein spent his Sunday afternoon marching on Route 45 to express his opposition to a kosher chicken processing plant in New Square.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

Jodi Georges

Ossining, NY

#1 Nov 4, 2009
I am asking the residents of Rockland County that are proud to live here to wake up before they have to smell this right smack in the middle of our community.
There is no time for "I didn't understand, I really didn't know" anymore. Too many people have raised their voices. You can't ignore those who care about the quality of life in Rockland County. Soon when you wander out of Rockland, no matter where you go. " someone will say, "are you from Rockland?" It won't be because you look smart, your accent, alertness, or education!" It will be that smell that you can't escape if it's permanently exhisting next to your home, your children's playground like a chicken coop, un poulailler or worse. Just keep not caring while this community goes into reverse! I really think they should find some place else to do this. Help!
Jaime Alguersuari

Union, NJ

#3 Nov 16, 2009
Hey, these will be Kosher chickens that answer to a higher authority! They will NOT smell. They will cluck with a strange accent though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stony Point Teacher arrest Mar 21 Concerned parents 1
Camp Oneg (Aug '07) Mar 19 Mitch 32
the red rail (Nov '08) Mar 17 Barb R 34
News Als on McCullers, Columbus: a I think she carri... Mar 5 Will Dockery 1
If you like bands like Coldplay, U2 and Fleetwo... Feb '17 Anonymous 1
Laural Acres (Apr '08) Jan '17 Mike 14
News NY governor's 101-plus pardons and a controversy Jan '17 lol 1

Spring Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance