Fairness Coalition targets Shelbyville for adoption of gay-rights provisions

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

With the support of the Fairness Coalition, residents of Shelbyville plan to approach their city council Thursday evening to propose adoption of an anti-discrimination ordinance offering gay-rights protections.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fishplates

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wish you all better luck than we have had with the Richmond and Berea city commissions. I think they are more afraid of not getting elected than being known as bigots. For the most part the are "good ole boys and girls" who will never take a moral stand under the guise of religion. But, this is Kentucky so don' t expect anything akin to progressivism. Sorry if this is a downer, it's just 40 yrs of taking on city hall on any progressive issues to no avail.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 16, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

mom and dad, not mom and mom or dad and dad....stop with your whiney liberal, socialist garbage...america is not for you, move to europe.
Former Kentuckian

Williamsburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Revelations wrote:
mom and dad, not mom and mom or dad and dad....stop with your whiney liberal, socialist garbage...america is not for you, move to europe.
Gay people are Americans too and are subject all rights guaranteed under our Constitution.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

you are twisting the wording of the constitution to fit your socialist, ungodly, perverted ways...just like these worthless judges. Show me in the constitution where it says gays can marry? And if it was constitutional, why is it only 300+ years later is it being questioned? You cant answer that, so sad how luke warm and weak minded you are...everything is acceptable isnt it? Just a matter of time before pedophilia is legal...beastaility? Disgusting...they are already at work in getting us numb by letting these aweful child pageants continue and these pre teen lingerie lines. Whats this country coming too? All the while idiots like you cant see it, choose to ignore it and as long as it doesnt affect me its ok, attitude. Repent Former K....your luke warm stance will not be tolerated in the eyes of god, repent, or burn.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Revelations wrote:
you are twisting the wording of the constitution to fit your socialist, ungodly, perverted ways...just like these worthless judges. Show me in the constitution where it says gays can marry? And if it was constitutional, why is it only 300+ years later is it being questioned? You cant answer that, so sad how luke warm and weak minded you are...everything is acceptable isnt it? Just a matter of time before pedophilia is legal...beastaility? Disgusting...they are already at work in getting us numb by letting these aweful child pageants continue and these pre teen lingerie lines. Whats this country coming too? All the while idiots like you cant see it, choose to ignore it and as long as it doesnt affect me its ok, attitude. Repent Former K....your luke warm stance will not be tolerated in the eyes of god, repent, or burn.
Who unplugged your Thorazine drip?
College student

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There is no twisting of words, the constitution doesn't say anything about some people having less rights than others. You're stupid, show me in the constitution where it says that you're allowed to breathe without paying an air tax. See, the constitution is silent in the matter, so therefore give me $50. The constitution doesn't say anything about you having a right to the internet, either, so how about you get off the frakking computer and take your moronic hate speech elsewhere. ;D
Bereaboy

Aberdeen, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Progressive" is just another word for 'amoral liberal',those that have little if any traditional values and will not stop until traditional values values are stricken from society.

These people have no use for morals,instead,they bring up the 'politically correct' and 'tolerance' ideologies to promote amorality and all that amorality holds.

What is really worrisome is the 'so what,it doesnt apply to me' attitude that many have regarding homosexuality.They fail to see how it belittles and degrades what real marriage is,how marriage is not something that man came up with but is something from God.

They fail to see the effects that homosexuality will have on their children,this lifestyle is not normal by any means.There is nothing natural or normal about the same sex having relations.

It is taught to young school children,it is promoted as a normal lifestayle.It is condoned,not only condoned but celebrated.Kids are encouraged to 'tolerate' and celebrate this un-natural way of life.

We have heard some compare humans to asexual sea life,they make the claim that since the sea life is this way,it is normal for humans to be homosexual.

This is of course,grabbing at straws.The creature they compare humans to is actually asexual,it can create life by its own means,singular,humans on the other hand must have a man and a woman to create life.Any deviation from this is abnormal,nature in and of itself teaches us this.

For homosexuality to be a natural and normal lifestyle,there would needs be a way for that life to replocate,naturally and within the bounds of the relationship.This is in no way possible in the homosexual lifestyle.

If we look at nature and the homosexual lifestyle,it is self limiting for if not for the egg of a woman,there would be no more life.Homosexuality in and of itself can not create life,it is not possible.

And,if it isnt clear enough through nature,God,the Creator of humankind has told us in very clear and easily understandable words that homosexuality is wrong.
College student

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

First off, I don't know what you're talking about, the sanctity of marriage. Marriage was originally a social contract trading women for cattle and land. The Bible says in Deuteronomy that a rapist's victim must be married to her rapist. The bible shows polygamous relationships, men with concubines, and a widow that had not given birth to a son must marry her brother in law and have children by them.

I could be called progressive, and I'm about the least politically correct person there is. Your generalizations about people you don't even know really strengthens your argument.

Also, who ever has compared humans to asexually reproducing creatures in this argument?

Though, homosexuality is quite common in nature, occuring in just about every species we know. Even fruit flies can be gay! So sounds pretty natural to me.

And if any sort of union that can't produce children is unnatural, then I suppose women that have gone through menopause can't get married, nor can anyone who is infertile. The last thing this world needs is more mouths to feed.
grubby

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Fairness thats a laugh -- since when does giving someone else special rights that others dont have fair? You want to be equal -- act like it.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

grubby wrote:
Fairness thats a laugh -- since when does giving someone else special rights that others dont have fair? You want to be equal -- act like it.
Pardon me. What rights are being asked for that you wouldn't get to share in? That's what you mean by special rights, isn't it?
Bereaboy

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 19, 2012
 
It is ironic that liberals call people that think different as they,bigots etc. and lump everyone together and that is okay.

Yet,if someone else calls 'progressives' liberal/socialist,they are wrong for doing so.Isnt this a double standard?

Yes,there are those that try and compare human beings to sea creatures just as others try to compare humans to animals.as in a comment posted here.Humans are not some animal,we are able to comprehend and understand the results of our actions.

What animal is really homosexual? None.

Also,there is NO comparison to a person that cant concieve in a normal relationship to that of an unnatural homosexual relationship.

There is a HUGE difference between a person not being able to have a child than a person in a unnatural relationship that can in no way,reproduce.

The first marriage was between Adam and Eve and was ordained of God,it was not a tradition started by man.
college student

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Nov 19, 2012
 
Well, you're either a troll or have no connection with reality and evidence. Either way, you can't teach someone who isn't willing to learn. Your type is going to be looked down on 50 years from now the way we look down on Klansmen today. Good day, scumbag.
grubby

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Nov 20, 2012
 
Whos wearing the hood of threats and intimidation eh
Bereaboy

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Nov 24, 2012
 
college student wrote:
Well, you're either a troll or have no connection with reality and evidence. Either way, you can't teach someone who isn't willing to learn. Your type is going to be looked down on 50 years from now the way we look down on Klansmen today. Good day, scumbag.
What evidence is there that says homosrxuality in a human is normal and or natural?
There is none because nature tells us that this lifestyle is not what nature has intended.
renee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Nov 24, 2012
 
Bereaboy wrote:
"Progressive" is just another word for 'amoral liberal',those that have little if any traditional values and will not stop until traditional values values are stricken from society.
These people have no use for morals,instead,they bring up the 'politically correct' and 'tolerance' ideologies to promote amorality and all that amorality holds.
What is really worrisome is the 'so what,it doesnt apply to me' attitude that many have regarding homosexuality.They fail to see how it belittles and degrades what real marriage is,how marriage is not something that man came up with but is something from God.
They fail to see the effects that homosexuality will have on their children,this lifestyle is not normal by any means.There is nothing natural or normal about the same sex having relations.
It is taught to young school children,it is promoted as a normal lifestayle.It is condoned,not only condoned but celebrated.Kids are encouraged to 'tolerate' and celebrate this un-natural way of life.
We have heard some compare humans to asexual sea life,they make the claim that since the sea life is this way,it is normal for humans to be homosexual.
This is of course,grabbing at straws.The creature they compare humans to is actually asexual,it can create life by its own means,singular,humans on the other hand must have a man and a woman to create life.Any deviation from this is abnormal,nature in and of itself teaches us this.
For homosexuality to be a natural and normal lifestyle,there would needs be a way for that life to replocate,naturally and within the bounds of the relationship.This is in no way possible in the homosexual lifestyle.
If we look at nature and the homosexual lifestyle,it is self limiting for if not for the egg of a woman,there would be no more life.Homosexuality in and of itself can not create life,it is not possible.
And,if it isnt clear enough through nature,God,the Creator of humankind has told us in very clear and easily understandable words that homosexuality is wrong.
Spoken like a true closeted homosexual. If you are not a homosexual, who are you to say that its right or wrong? Why would you offer an explantion if you were not? I have seen as many Conservative homosexuals as I have Liberals and twice as many as yourself who enjoy the closeted lifestyle. What belittles and degrades Marriage is people such as yourself who continually lie, cheat, commit adultery all while making a promise to God. The damage to the institute of Marriage relys solely on the heterosexuals. Tolerance or as I call it RESPECT should be as it was when I was a child, taught at home. I would be ashamed to call myself a parent and do so poorly that the government or anyone else should have to step in and teach my child. Be careful as to what you claim God has told you and what ignorace has taught you. Two entirely differenct scenarios. You need to do some very serious soul searching and I hope somewhere down the road you will discover some personal peace.
Bereaboy

Cynthiana, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Nov 25, 2012
 
renee wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken like a true closeted homosexual. If you are not a homosexual, who are you to say that its right or wrong? Why would you offer an explantion if you were not? I have seen as many Conservative homosexuals as I have Liberals and twice as many as yourself who enjoy the closeted lifestyle. What belittles and degrades Marriage is people such as yourself who continually lie, cheat, commit adultery all while making a promise to God. The damage to the institute of Marriage relys solely on the heterosexuals. Tolerance or as I call it RESPECT should be as it was when I was a child, taught at home. I would be ashamed to call myself a parent and do so poorly that the government or anyone else should have to step in and teach my child. Be careful as to what you claim God has told you and what ignorace has taught you. Two entirely differenct scenarios. You need to do some very serious soul searching and I hope somewhere down the road you will discover some personal peace.
Classic liberal response,judge those that you claim to be judging others.

I am not gay,never have been and never will be.I have never commited adultery and hope I never feel the temptation to do so.

What is ironic here is that you say that adultery is wrong but you uphold homosexuality that is very clearly stated as being wrong in the Bible.Homosexualty is condemned in both Old and New Testaments.

There is no one thing normal about homosexuality,nothing.

If you feel that is is such a normal thing,then why are you trying so hard to make it seem as such?

Are you an adulterer? You must be,you are speaking about it.
college student

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The same book of the bible that condemns homosexuality (which it actually doesn't if you at all can read proper Hebrew) also says that it's equally a sin to cut the hair around your temples, work on the Sabbath, touch pig skin, and wear clothes of more than one fabric type. If you're going to take the Bible literally, you don't get to pick and choose what parts you like.
Bereaboy

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

college student wrote:
The same book of the bible that condemns homosexuality (which it actually doesn't if you at all can read proper Hebrew) also says that it's equally a sin to cut the hair around your temples, work on the Sabbath, touch pig skin, and wear clothes of more than one fabric type. If you're going to take the Bible literally, you don't get to pick and choose what parts you like.
Im not picking and choosing,we are not under the penalty of the Law but that doesnt do away with what is right and wrong.That doesnt mean that we can do what we want and not have to pay for it.

There are things that are permitted now that were not back then,divorce for on.It was allowed but it was something that wasnt wanted.HOWEVER,homosexuality is wrong,just as is adultery.It is plainly stated and if we were still under the penalty of the Law,homosexuals would be put to death just as those that commit adultery were.

There is also Sodom and Gomorrah that were destroyed because of homosexuality and possibly other perverse actions and it was an example to us.

Now,before you or someone else says that it was destroyed because of 'inhospitality',that is a big lie told by those that promote homosexuality.It was destroyed because of the homosexuality that was going on,they were a perverse people.

You are the one trying to 'pick and choose' because you cant take a verse and base everything on it.You must take the whole and see what it teaches and homosexuality is a sin and is stated as such in the New Testament.
college student

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 25, 2012
 
I've read the Bible as a whole and it definitely has nothing to say about hating gay people. Plenty about loving your neighbor, I noticed. I think you're reading a different book. Or maybe you're not reading any books at all and just justifying your prejudice however you can.

You provide no evidence for the things you say and appear to just be spewing the same crap over and over.
Read

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Nov 25, 2012
 
Aaaahhh.... The NewTestament that says "love your neighbor," "judge not" ...and crazy things like that, which you leave OUT of your "picking and choosing."
Bereaboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not picking and choosing,we are not under the penalty of the Law but that doesnt do away with what is right and wrong.That doesnt mean that we can do what we want and not have to pay for it.
There are things that are permitted now that were not back then,divorce for on.It was allowed but it was something that wasnt wanted.HOWEVER,homosexuality is wrong,just as is adultery.It is plainly stated and if we were still under the penalty of the Law,homosexuals would be put to death just as those that commit adultery were.
There is also Sodom and Gomorrah that were destroyed because of homosexuality and possibly other perverse actions and it was an example to us.
Now,before you or someone else says that it was destroyed because of 'inhospitality',that is a big lie told by those that promote homosexuality.It was destroyed because of the homosexuality that was going on,they were a perverse people.
You are the one trying to 'pick and choose' because you cant take a verse and base everything on it.You must take the whole and see what it teaches and homosexuality is a sin and is stated as such in the New Testament.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Valley Discussions

Search the Spring Valley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 40 min Hate insanity love the in 273
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Anne 52 81,549
Mitch McConnell 5 hr Kirsten Kukowski 21
ann luckett dentist 5 hr me 9
Why are Louisville drivers so bad?? (Sep '08) 6 hr LouisvilleKYreport 12
LMPD finds body of a man in rock quarry near So... 7 hr LouisvilleKYreport 3
Louisville doctor facing charges for prescripti... (Jun '12) 7 hr Steven 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Spring Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spring Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Spring Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spring Valley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••