Revitalizing SVa s business district

There are 5 comments on the Oct 2, 2009, Bureau County Republican story titled Revitalizing SVa s business district. In it, Bureau County Republican reports that:

If you ask Mayor Cliff Banks about plans to revitalize St. Paul Street in downtown Spring Valley, he makes it sound simple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bureau County Republican.

Biff

Palatine, IL

#1 Oct 2, 2009
This mayor is an idiot. No one is coming to the Valley except to drink and gamble. If they want to shop they will go to Peru. The Valley's downtown looks like a dump and should be bulldozed.
Terry

Peru, IL

#2 Oct 2, 2009
Hey mayor Banks, how about we pick up the garbage blowing like tumbleweeds downtown. The place looks like a pig pen.Dollar General is filthy. Make them take those damn carts off the sidewalk. It not only looks bad it is DANGEROUS!!
By the way, nice sidewalk. Did the city put that in for you or was it contracted out. Did your boys have their union cards or was this done on the side?
I would still like my Spring Valley rusty water fixed instead of rigged. Now that my water/swer/garbage bill is almost 80 bucks a month.
Do something for the homeowners of Spring Valley. Do something for the people paying their taxes. Quit spending MY money on stupid shit!!!
Terry

Peru, IL

#3 Oct 6, 2009
Glad to find out that Cruz put in your sidewalk.
Biff

Palatine, IL

#4 Oct 7, 2009
The is a clown Terry. Just another example of what happens when people blindly vote for change. I hope everyone who voted for this Bozo is happy because the Valley is now the laughing stock of the Illinois Valley. His restaurant sucks too.
Terry

Peru, IL

#5 Oct 7, 2009
Has he done ANYTHING for the people of Spring Valley. I can't wait to see his "trolley with rubber wheels". Hope we get it soon so we can ride around Depue, Cherry and Ladd when it is 40 below zero outside. Any yes, no jobs were created for it either - all run by volunteers. He is CRAZY!! We voted out a highly educated man to bring him in!! You are right, who in the hell voted for him!!!!
NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
connie olivero Mar '15 eeeeeewwwww 3
News An interstate adjustment Jan '15 Chiropractor From... 4
News Shaw veteran new Sauk Valley publisher Dec '14 Calvin James 1
Hennepin Pickle Line (Mar '11) Dec '14 Mike OConnor 4
News Shirley Pizzamiglio Nov '14 Carol 2
Taking shots at a family when they are down Nov '14 DayDay 1
News Cold Case Project: 1987 triple homicide vexes P... (Feb '13) Oct '14 OEM Oasis 3
More from around the web

Spring Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]