First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Andrew Nelson

San Marcos, CA

#1 Mar 21, 2008
I have heard the sound of a train whistle every night any time from 10pm-3pm. My friend claims to see a train that is see through every night. I'm not saying i believe there is really a ghost train but i am wondering if there is a train that passes by or you hear it to.(my friend claims he sees it on the trolley tracks.)
ann

Oceanside, CA

#2 Mar 23, 2008
Does anyone know the history of Bostonia Street in El Cajon? Anything unusual happen there, ghosts, spirits, etc.?

just wondering...
luis

Pasadena, CA

#3 Mar 25, 2008
yes i hear that train everynight it sounds like it is so close i thought i was crazy no one ever beliieves me
Alex_Helix

San Diego, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2008
Yeah, Its not a ghost, theres a train that runs through the la mesa Industrial Park, and one runs late at night right on the edge of Lemon Grove.
Valerie

Encinitas, CA

#5 Mar 28, 2008
I live in Lakeside, CA and I here a train whistling. My husband say i'm have autotory hallucinations.. meaning I'm it's a hearing hallucination and a visual.
Andrew Nelson wrote:
I have heard the sound of a train whistle every night any time from 10pm-3pm. My friend claims to see a train that is see through every night. I'm not saying i believe there is really a ghost train but i am wondering if there is a train that passes by or you hear it to.(my friend claims he sees it on the trolley tracks.)
Eli- El Cajon

El Cajon, CA

#6 Apr 27, 2008
I hear a train too, but not regularly. I know there are tracks near the industrial park in el cajon, but they are trolley tracks. so where is the train?
Dan

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2008
a regular frieght train runs from san diego to el cajon between around 12 and 3 every night on the trolley tracks when the trolley is not running.
Susan

Spring Valley, CA

#8 Jan 5, 2009
ann wrote:
Does anyone know the history of Bostonia Street in El Cajon? Anything unusual happen there, ghosts, spirits, etc.?
just wondering...
I grew up at 1378 Greenfield and had to walk up Bostonia Street to and from the Elementary school. There was an old white house near the Bostonia Ballroom (now the ballroom is a retaurant on Bostonia and Broadway). I always got the creeps when I passed it. It was only recently torn down to build houses. I'd heard that there was a treasure buried there. If there was you'd think that the construction would have uncovered it. I heard that it was a bad place with a bad man living there and to never go near it.
My mother told me that the grandmother of the people that my parents bought our house from died in my bedroom, and I thought I heard ghosty noises. The ghosts name was Mrs. Raleigh. My mother loved to scare the snot out of us, so that may be something she made up.
A woman committed suicide on a side street off Bostonia. My sister found her when she got there to babysit the woman's children. This was awful for the family and my sister, who was quite young.
My brother had a friend who lived on Bostonia. His dad died/drowned in the swimming pool. I think his son found him. Very tragic and sad for his kids!
Of the deaths, the only ghost I heard about was Mrs. Raleigh. But I was older when the deaths occurred.
Susan

Spring Valley, CA

#9 Jan 5, 2009
Something else about Bostonia Street. The white house I mentioned was also supposed to be haunted. I may be mistaken about that, but I'm pretty sure that was part of the story. And up the street at a house set back pretty far from the street was supposed to be a witch. This was probably just a cruel remark made by a bigger kid to scare us, and maybe to cause the lady who lived there problems.
jacob

San Diego, CA

#10 Nov 10, 2009
Dan wrote:
a regular frieght train runs from san diego to el cajon between around 12 and 3 every night on the trolley tracks when the trolley is not running.
there might be a freight train around 12 and 3 but i hear a train every night around 5:30
Roadpig

Vista, CA

#11 Dec 1, 2009
train I hear it everyday almost,

kinda make you think when they start shuffling people around like Auschwitz. they have a consistent train coming through there when the trains come in with heavy tanks we just wont wake up and see.
meow

El Cajon, CA

#12 Jan 4, 2010
I have also heard the train sound when I was a child living in downtown el cajon. Now I live on pepper in el cajon and haven't heard it since.
Sheila

San Diego, CA

#13 Jan 5, 2010
I am trying to figure this out. I was awake last night almost all night and I heard the whistle throughout the night. Weird.
mari

El Cajon, CA

#14 Jan 11, 2010
ok, so i live on first street all the way down to broadway, and i hear the a train whistle sometimes when i stay up really late, i heard it about two hours ago tonight, but it wasnt coming from the direction of the trolley tracks, it was coming like from the other direction, like more east. a while back my friend told me she would hear a train every night and i would never believe her, but now i have no choice... trippy stuff.
Aimee

San Diego, CA

#15 Mar 30, 2010
So I'm not crazy! I kept telling my husband I could hear a train whistle about 3am and wondered if there was a train that ran through La Mesa. He's lived in East County his whole life and didn't believe me. I'm glad to know other people hear it too!
r0seyp0sey

San Diego, CA

#16 Apr 7, 2010
i hear the freight train all the time...ive lived in this part of east county all my life, and the only freight train that i know of, is a monuement now...and its in la mesa...my friend drove around all night looking for this train, and never found it...drove by all trolly tracks and didnt see any sort of train on them...he drove from 12:30am- 4:00am didnt see anything...anyone know where this sound could be coming from? because it always sounds super close, and sometimes if you listen it does sound like the train is moving further and further away...
Courtney

Escalon, CA

#17 Apr 20, 2010
It's not a ghost train. There is an actual freight train that goes by on the trolley tracks then veers onto different tracks that go across Fletcher parkway. I work nights so I see it usually around 2am. There's a man that gets off of it to switch the tracks. I don't know why they feel it's necessary to wake the whole neighborhood with that awful horn when there's hardly a car or human in sight.
techguytim

Mount Morris, MI

#18 Apr 27, 2010
Andrew Nelson wrote:

yes, a few full sized trains come through la Mesa on the trolley tracks. mostly amtrack and cargo.
tuna

United States

#19 Jun 5, 2010
I hear it too I'm going to stay up tonight to witness it. I live by the tracks on high st.
Andrew Nelson wrote:
Chula Juana

Chula Vista, CA

#20 Jun 5, 2010
Me and my ghost friends pull ghost trains on girl ghosts in the east county every night. Maybe that's what you've been hearing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll IS santee still a Racist Town? (Mar '08) Sun yeo 115
here's how gang stalkers can make the world a b... Sat gsing ends in la ... 3
massive chinese furniture web-site and relative... Aug 27 jimheeren 1
Blues and bars ease the pain and anxiety Aug 26 trayb4dee 1
el cajon hoodlums gang becoming a problem (Nov '07) Aug 26 trayb4dee 444
to many stinkyarabics in el cajon!! (Aug '09) Aug 24 elated 42
News 2 Teenagers Stabbed In El Cajon (May '06) Aug 24 elated 339
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Valley Mortgages