One injured in crash involving horse ...

One injured in crash involving horse and buggy

There are 25 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 17, 2010, titled One injured in crash involving horse and buggy. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

One person suffered major injuries after a car collided with a horse and buggy Saturday on Path Valley Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
who knows

Landisburg, PA

#24 May 18, 2010
I have notice people talking on cell phones and turning and not signaling also. I was aware that buggies(actually to use correct terminology most are carriages)have slow moving flashers. Do they have turn signals or was he suppose to use had signals, in that case most people don't look for or understand hand signals today anyway.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#25 May 19, 2010
who knows wrote:
I have notice people talking on cell phones and turning and not signaling also. I was aware that buggies(actually to use correct terminology most are carriages)have slow moving flashers. Do they have turn signals or was he suppose to use had signals, in that case most people don't look for or understand hand signals today anyway.
Buggies do not have turn signals - they're not even required by law to have lights but the local sects aren't quite as strict as some that refuse to have one of those triangular reflectors. In Ohio, the most conservative Amish fought a local ordinance simply requiring buggies to have reflective grey tape.

As for turning, they must use some sort of hand signal although I wouldn't rule out some of them having a turn signal light.

As for cell phones and turn signals - a lot of people don't use turn signals, cell phone or not. I make it a point to beep at cars that are in front of me and do this. If they are on the phone, maybe it will prompt the person on the line to let the driver drive. But I agree that using a handheld phone will cause a lot of drivers to simply not use their turn signals. They are also very late to get into turning lanes, if they bother to use them at all.
What would you do

Rochester, NY

#26 May 21, 2010
Its a blog wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a blog dumb a s s..........what did you expect. Go hug a tree or something.
You know what....it's people like you that are really ignorant dumb a s s es. I don't know where you get the right to be completely insenstive to someone's opinions and thoughts. Get a life you jerk! You obviously have nothing better to do with your time than to make idiotic statements on someone elses blogs. Here's a thought...instead of spending your time calling complete strangers dumb a s s es...why don't you go get a life! It's people like you that really piss me off!!!!
Its a Blog

Hagerstown, MD

#28 May 21, 2010
What would you do wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what....it's people like you that are really ignorant dumb a s s es. I don't know where you get the right to be completely insenstive to someone's opinions and thoughts. Get a life you jerk! You obviously have nothing better to do with your time than to make idiotic statements on someone elses blogs. Here's a thought...instead of spending your time calling complete strangers dumb a s s es...why don't you go get a life! It's people like you that really **** me off!!!!
Once again dumb a s s.....it's a freakin blog so shut the h e l l up, because I could give a rat a s s on what you think. So bite me and have a good day sir/ma'am or whatever the hell you are.
flower child

Carlisle, PA

#29 May 21, 2010
Dudes, make love not war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Angie hockingberry brady Apr 14 Mike 1
Informal shooting range in the area Apr 6 plinkerton22 1
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Feb '17 martz fulton coun... 7
Carrick Iron Furnace Spring (Sep '16) Sep '16 Trailblazer12 1
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friend 1
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3

Spring Run Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages