Car flees crash with horse and buggy

Car flees crash with horse and buggy

There are 91 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Car flees crash with horse and buggy. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Small children suffered minor injuries Tuesday in a hit-and-run crash involving a horse-drawn buggy on Pa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
mom of a 2nd grader

Waynesboro, PA

#81 Jun 30, 2009
Nips and Tucks, you are funny!
mother of 3

Carlisle, PA

#82 Jul 1, 2009
I really wish people would mind their own business and quite feeding off all the rumors. The driver did own up to what happened with the amish and the cops. Who says that everyone that is in one of the mentioned establishments in Fannettsburg leaves there too drunk to drive. I wonder how many of you have had one too many and still climbed behind the wheel of your car. I'm just happy to hear that all the people involved including the driver of the car was ok. This could've been alot worse then what it was. Thank God somebody was watching over all of them that night.
insulin works

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#83 Jul 1, 2009
mother of 3 wrote:
I wonder how many of you have had one too many and still climbed behind the wheel of your car.
You just won dumbest statement on topics award.
It is never ok to drink and drive i don't care how many have done it or not. it's like you are making an excuse for him yet in the same breath you say he may not have been drinking. bull SH#t lady. The loser hit a buggy and fled the damn scene blaming it on sugar. nice cover up A H0!e
if you really are a mom of 3 you better get a reality check or those rug rats of yours are gonna run right over you.
duh

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#84 Jul 1, 2009
mother of 3 wrote:
I really wish people would mind their own business and quite feeding off all the rumors.
he made it our business the moment he got behind the wheel impaired and hit someone. now he is our problem.go be a devils advocate in romper room.
mother of 3

Carlisle, PA

#85 Jul 2, 2009
I'm not saying it was right because it wasn't. All I'm saying is that accidents happen and it could happen to any of us at any given moment think about that the next time someone pulls out in front of you. I'm a nurse and yes this could've happened due to the drivers sugar being too high or low when that happens they don't realize what happens until your sugar levels get back to normal just like a person having a seizure. I guess what you are all saying is that your all perfect well bull [email protected] on that thought cause if we were all perfect the world we are living in wouldn't be such a terrible place now would it. The amish family has forgiven the driver why can't everybody else?
fake id

Bendersville, PA

#86 Jul 7, 2009
mother of 3 wrote:
I'm not saying it was right because it wasn't. All I'm saying is that accidents happen and it could happen to any of us at any given moment think about that the next time someone pulls out in front of you. I'm a nurse and yes this could've happened due to the drivers sugar being too high or low when that happens they don't realize what happens until your sugar levels get back to normal just like a person having a seizure. I guess what you are all saying is that your all perfect well bull [email protected] on that thought cause if we were all perfect the world we are living in wouldn't be such a terrible place now would it. The amish family has forgiven the driver why can't everybody else?
Because we care that justice be done and the courts need to put this person behind bars for a little bit so he can think alone about what he did... Hopefully that will scar his mind so he doesn't have too many before getting behind the wheel so he doesn't harm or kill innocent folks..... Oh I forgot, You a nurse so you'd think this great guy would have pulled over to render care as the moral and governmental law requires....NO this turd flees to possibly leave folks in pain.......... What kind of 'nurse' are you? Obvious one that never sees the pain caused by DUI. Forgiving ones sins has nothing to do with no concequences...
Dudicus

Chambersburg, PA

#87 Jul 7, 2009
Get buggies and tractors off the road
mom of a 2nd grader

Waynesboro, PA

#88 Jul 8, 2009
Dudicus wrote:
Get buggies and tractors off the road
And where would you like them to go? Farmers are just trying to make a living like everyone else. People need to realize that this is a RURAL area and there are not only cars and trucks on the roads around here. If you don't like it, move away. Far, far away.
dadof4gr8kids

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#89 Jul 8, 2009
the farmers and amish have been around a lot longer then most. it is probably the young selfish brats complaining with the me me me attitude.
no offense meant

Gettysburg, PA

#90 Jul 8, 2009
Makes Sense NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I've never encountered ANY amish buggy riding down the middle of that road, or even near the center line. What are YOU doing that prevents you from slowing down until you are able to pass?
Maybe you don't live in the valley! I grew up there! Not all of them, but some do hog the road there. I am not doing anything to prevent me from slowing down I DO wait to pass! I have children in my own car that I don't want to be hurt as well as the Amish themselves- I would never forgive myself if I would harm any of them. You are very defensive! If you have never encountered one riding in the middle of their lane, you are very lucky and your timing is very good. I drive the speed limit and take it slow for the amish, deer and anything else that may come out onto the road.
Jeb

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#91 Jul 8, 2009
no offense meant wrote:
<quoted text>
I drive the speed limit and take it slow for the amish, deer and anything else that may come out onto the road.
GOOD! Then you got nothing to worry 'bout!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Apr 5 lol 6
News Arson charges filed in camp blaze (Feb '15) Feb '15 silly rabbit 1
yep (Nov '14) Nov '14 great 1
Review: JDT Slaughterhouse (Apr '14) Apr '14 ELYG 1
News Principal's alleged involvement confirmed (May '11) Mar '14 jts 2
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Mar '11) Mar '11 ahh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages