Police probe death of Burnt Cabins man

Police probe death of Burnt Cabins man

There are 17 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Police probe death of Burnt Cabins man. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Police are investigating the death of a Burnt Cabins man who may have been hit by a vehicle Monday morning outside a bar in Metal Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

rvette01

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Jun 2, 2010
Why in the hell did the PO have to post this picture. Let the man rest in peace. BAD Taste if you ask me.
FRANK WRIGHT

Washington, DC

#2 Jun 2, 2010
Why is it most of the photos of these people are wearing orange jumpsuits?
This guy got off easy.
his friend

Carlisle, PA

#3 Jun 2, 2010
why are you posting pics of him in orange jumpsuit?? that is wrong. I guess it makes him a criminal to be a bar and die at a bar. Bad Bad Bad taste.
his friend

Carlisle, PA

#4 Jun 2, 2010
also. tell me what relevance does his past have to do with his death? It makes me angry to see this. I have known this man for many years and he is just an average guy that made some bad judgements in life. I dont see where he murdered someone like someone did him. but I guess you have to fill a page, no matter how much it hurts family and friends to see this.
Nowwhat

Davenport, IA

#5 Jun 2, 2010
his friend wrote:
also. tell me what relevance does his past have to do with his death? It makes me angry to see this. I have known this man for many years and he is just an average guy that made some bad judgements in life. I dont see where he murdered someone like someone did him. but I guess you have to fill a page, no matter how much it hurts family and friends to see this.
`
So now he made his last and biggest mistake - hanging out near the famous outlaw bar.
As for the porange jumpsuit, I think it's appropriate. Sounds like it's his favorite outfit.
cjb

Carlisle, PA

#6 Jun 2, 2010
I agree with his friend. His past was his past and is not news worthy now. The news is that he is dead and hopefully they can find out what happened to him. My sympathy to his family and friends!
concerned citizen

Warren, NJ

#7 Jun 2, 2010
The guy is dead....why post his criminal record.....
pfffff

Waynesboro, PA

#8 Jun 2, 2010
i'm sure we lost a productive member of society.
what the

Aspers, PA

#9 Jun 2, 2010
I agree with his friend. His past has nothing to do with this.Regardless of what he may have done in his life he is not here anymore so have a little respect for his family and friends. I did not personally know him but I hope the police fid out what happened. My thoughts are with his family at this time.
Susan

Shippensburg, PA

#10 Jun 2, 2010
what the wrote:
I agree with his friend. His past has nothing to do with this.Regardless of what he may have done in his life he is not here anymore so have a little respect for his family and friends. I did not personally know him but I hope the police fid out what happened. My thoughts are with his family at this time.
The police may be looking at this case as a retaliation for his retaliation against a witness. What goes around comes around sometimes. Sometimes a person's criminal past is relevant to their demise.
Anon

Pomeroy, PA

#11 Jun 2, 2010
Nowwhat wrote:
<quoted text>`
So now he made his last and biggest mistake - hanging out near the famous outlaw bar.
As for the porange jumpsuit, I think it's appropriate. Sounds like it's his favorite outfit.

Outlaw bar??? Hardly...

Maybe Redneck Bar, but again it is Fannettsburg, so what do you expect?
Vet

Shippensburg, PA

#12 Jun 2, 2010
MAYBE payback, Nobody will ever know now that he is gone. He left an injured person at one time in his life. Bad mistake he finally got his!!!!As far as Hillside being an outlaw bar, It is no different then any other bar in the valley. It is the hicks that live there that causes the problems, Keep them over the mountain where they belong.
Sandy Jones

Mechanicsburg, PA

#13 Jun 2, 2010
It is very sad, when this man died, a tragic and horrific death and all anybody cares about is that fact that he had a criminal past, he is the victom here! Did somebody forget that ?
aka ginger

United States

#14 Jun 3, 2010
My sympathy goes out to his family ! And it also goes out to the drunken fools family that hit him , we dont know if it was truly an accident or not imagine how you would feel if u were drinking having fun then you realize u hit someone !!!!! Does anyone really know what happened ??????? And no the past is the past whos perfect ???( not u not me ) dont judge your not the one !!!!!!!!!!
aka ginger

United States

#15 Jun 3, 2010
FRANK WRIGHT wrote:
Why is it most of the photos of these people are wearing orange jumpsuits?
This guy got off easy.
are you a f***** idiot he got off what easy get a clue ass
Abouttime

Landisburg, PA

#16 Jun 4, 2010
Nowwhat wrote:
<quoted text>`
Are you guys idiots. The man is dead. Do you know him? Have you walked a mile in his shoes? Stevie was a good guy who got caught up in some stupid stuff. He never deserved to be left to die. The man does have a family. Show some respect and if you have nothing nice to post don't post anything. Get a freakin life you idiots.
Joy Coons

Hanover, PA

#17 Jun 4, 2010
Well lets put it this way, I knew him and worked with him. Can't say we were friends cause i never ran with him socially, however it isnt right for anyone to condemn him! He made mistakes no doubt about that but he also paid for them. So if you didnt know him or his family why make ignorant comments about someone thats gets his life taken away in the manner that his got taken for him!!!! I guess there are no secrets in your f-ing closet or at least you better hope not cause when you die or get killed all of them will be printed in the paper and your kids can read it! As for the FAMOUS OUTLAW BAR c'mon? Hillside Tavern? Have you ever been there? If not shut up you know nothing!!!!!!!
Nowwhat wrote:
<quoted text>`

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Feb 9 martz fulton coun... 7
Carrick Iron Furnace Spring Sep '16 Trailblazer12 1
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friend 1
News Arson charges filed in camp blaze (Feb '15) Feb '15 silly rabbit 1
yep (Nov '14) Nov '14 great 1
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3

Spring Run Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages