Christopher Jones may face fall trial...

Christopher Jones may face fall trial in Kristin Runyon's death

There are 28 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jul 7, 2010, titled Christopher Jones may face fall trial in Kristin Runyon's death. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The manslaughter case against a former St. Thomas man accused of shooting and killing his wife in February will probably go to trial this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bill

Gettysburg, PA

#28 Jul 8, 2010
Believe what you may, you're not going to find what you are looking for, because it's not there.
There are no big mysteries on their life together, its not there.
This was a tragic accidental shooting, he was trying to protect the girl he loved. Unload your guns people. Chris took and passed a lie detector test the day it happened, this is not a story he is telling it is the tragic truth.
bill

Gettysburg, PA

#29 Jul 8, 2010
BGSU wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate your post. I'm not out to be mean to the guy. He shot his wife to death and there's liability here. Tragic as it is, I don't understand why he wants to go to trial. Apparently there's such a thing as not guilty of anything? Isn't he guilty of something even if he had no intentions to harm her whatsoever?
And there is something else that nags me since last February - was there a police report filed when someone was tampering with their home two weeks prior? Honestly, if I was scared to death and had started sleeping with a gun, I'd surely have the police involved. Did they think that just because someone tampered with their door, their very lives were at stake? I suppose there's not the build up I would expect.
No police report, but Kristin phoned a friend while he was there. Yes, she was fearful, she was terrified. Why else would someone sit with a loaded gun by their side, when she was in her living room alone watching tv?

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#31 Jul 8, 2010
bill wrote:
You are all judge and jury now right? This makes me sick I know the man personally. He is a precious, sweet, gentle natured man. Kristin, was a precious, life of the party, outgoing, caring individual. They both did not deserve what has been handed to them.
My home too was violated, and when it is your home you feel that you can handle it. I didn't call the police until the night that he was at my front door trying to enter.
Kristin herself called a friend the morning he was there, the man at her back door. She would sit in her home with a loaded gun by her side, she was that terrified.
Unload your guns, do not have a loaded gun in your home, learn from this tragedy. Kristin doesnt need to have died in vain. The girl was in the medical profession she wanted to help people, she still can if you all would just get the message.
Chris is a Christian, he is devastated. How do you think it would feel to have taken the life of someone you love. He is being punished, that in itself is punishment. God you help you all that are tying this before knowing all the facts.
None of this is logical, sorry.
Also:
"They both did not deserve what has been handed to them."
- I don't believe the two individuals can be compared here in an way.

God bless her family. There are so many angles where the pain shoots from.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#32 Jul 8, 2010
bill wrote:
Believe what you may, you're not going to find what you are looking for, because it's not there.
There are no big mysteries on their life together, its not there.
This was a tragic accidental shooting, he was trying to protect the girl he loved. Unload your guns people. Chris took and passed a lie detector test the day it happened, this is not a story he is telling it is the tragic truth.
There are some who simply see things perhaps with more objectivity than someone close. If you eliminate the goons who aren't showing thoughtful consideration before commenting, I think there are many people who are baffled. I'm not crazy about even getting back in the discussion once again because it makes me think of her family and their unspeakable pain. But this is glaring, IMO.
bill

Gettysburg, PA

#33 Jul 8, 2010
BGSU both families are suffering. Everyone has suffered an unimagineable loss. We loved her. I can't begin to tell you how very much she is missed.
There was no criminal intent that day, he was trying to protect her, it could have been the other way around. I was just tying to make a message to others. Unload your guns.
They were both good kids, and this is tragic. I can't take from the fact that I am close to the situation. I do feel such sorrow for her family, you can't judge me on that. My heart breaks for both families, they were once one.
I have always thought of Kristin's family, I can't imagine their pain, I also cannot imagine the pain of the other family. Please don't take my intentions negitively.
Mike

Chambersburg, PA

#34 Jul 8, 2010
It makes me sick that he is even allowed to walk around. He should be sitting in jail. Maybe think next time you have a gun and are going to end someones life. He pulled the trigger! No one else. I can't believe anyone would support him. He better answer for his actions.
breaker

Carlisle, PA

#35 Jul 8, 2010
BGSU wrote:
About 18 years ago, something smashed into our house with four loud bangs. We were scared and took turns staying up all night for several nights. NEVER did we consider sleeping with a gun. I'm not saying I'm in the majority, but sleeping with a gun at my pillow would require me being sure of an imminent threat to my LIFE. And really, in that case, I wouldn't even be there.

That's merely your opinion. I would handle things much differently as I am sure other posters would too.
BGSU wrote:
These things are the whole problem: 1. No concrete indication of imminent threat to lives and,
I am curious how you know for a fact that there was no concrete indication of an imminent threat?
BGSU wrote:
2. The most reckless gun handling and usage I've ever heard of.
You claim this situation is "the reckless gun handling and usage you ever heard of" ... Well, then my response is you are one very naive, isolated person.
BGSU wrote:
BTW, do detectives sleep with a gun under their pillow? No way would I want myself or my spouse in the same bed with a gun.
And what do those statements have to do with this case? I mean, you judge someone guilty because they don't handle things the way you would handle things.
How can you judge someone guilty without knowing the facts?

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#36 Jul 8, 2010
bill wrote:
BGSU both families are suffering. Everyone has suffered an unimagineable loss. We loved her. I can't begin to tell you how very much she is missed.
There was no criminal intent that day, he was trying to protect her, it could have been the other way around. I was just tying to make a message to others. Unload your guns.
They were both good kids, and this is tragic. I can't take from the fact that I am close to the situation. I do feel such sorrow for her family, you can't judge me on that. My heart breaks for both families, they were once one.
I have always thought of Kristin's family, I can't imagine their pain, I also cannot imagine the pain of the other family. Please don't take my intentions negitively.
I can't imagine losing a young family member, full of vitality. What a terrible loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Angie hockingberry brady Apr '17 Mike 1
Informal shooting range in the area Apr '17 plinkerton22 1
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Feb '17 martz fulton coun... 7
Carrick Iron Furnace Spring (Sep '16) Sep '16 Trailblazer12 1
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friend 1
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3

Spring Run Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages