Christopher Jones may face fall trial...

Christopher Jones may face fall trial in Kristin Runyon's death

There are 28 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jul 7, 2010, titled Christopher Jones may face fall trial in Kristin Runyon's death. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The manslaughter case against a former St. Thomas man accused of shooting and killing his wife in February will probably go to trial this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leroy

Mercersburg, PA

#7 Jul 8, 2010
Sorry cutie, but they will remove it if the comments start getting nasty.
Val

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Jul 8, 2010
None of you even knew Chris or Kristin so you need to keep your opinions to yourselves!!! I knew both of them. They were the two happiest people Ive seen together. Chris is one of those guys that you always like to be around. It was an accident he would never do anything to anyone definitly not Kristin. They were both scared to death because just a couple weeks before someone was around their house. Chris is a man he has done everything the police has asked and he wants everyone to know that he loved her dearly and that this was an accident.
Why

Carlisle, PA

#9 Jul 8, 2010
Why have comments been deleted?
Investigator

Ardmore, PA

#10 Jul 8, 2010
Something sounds wrong,you don't ask your wife if she heard something before you grab a gun and blast ?? If they were scared to death, did he have an alarm system installed? Why didnt the dogs bark,they aren't easily fooled and werent because their were no strangers in the house.
goatee

Carlisle, PA

#11 Jul 8, 2010
well then, on with the trial.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#12 Jul 8, 2010
Val wrote:
None of you even knew Chris or Kristin so you need to keep your opinions to yourselves!!! I knew both of them. They were the two happiest people Ive seen together. Chris is one of those guys that you always like to be around. It was an accident he would never do anything to anyone definitly not Kristin. They were both scared to death because just a couple weeks before someone was around their house. Chris is a man he has done everything the police has asked and he wants everyone to know that he loved her dearly and that this was an accident.
I appreciate your post. I'm not out to be mean to the guy. He shot his wife to death and there's liability here. Tragic as it is, I don't understand why he wants to go to trial. Apparently there's such a thing as not guilty of anything? Isn't he guilty of something even if he had no intentions to harm her whatsoever?
And there is something else that nags me since last February - was there a police report filed when someone was tampering with their home two weeks prior? Honestly, if I was scared to death and had started sleeping with a gun, I'd surely have the police involved. Did they think that just because someone tampered with their door, their very lives were at stake? I suppose there's not the build up I would expect.
mebetom

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Jul 8, 2010
Why Did He Not Have to post bail???

Franklin County Commissioner David Keller is His Lawyer.
That should be a conflict for him to defend against the county court.
A Christian

Newville, PA

#14 Jul 8, 2010
My only thughts on this is what I know Mr. Jones was a Christian man : this being said , my life would have to be truley threated ( you know gun to the head ) before I would ever even think about taking somebody elses life. Since I am not a hunter and being a person with Christian values , I don't even own a gun and would never buy one if we had "trouble " in the neighborhood. It appears Mr Jones is like 6' 2" and is wife is like 5'6" , and he felt "threated" ??? God knows what was in the heart and no matter what the justice system does, he will face this issue again before God.
missy

Mount Wolf, PA

#16 Jul 8, 2010
Soo, if your a christian, you can kill people and just let god take care of it. why do we have courts then.....
Attorney

Lancaster, PA

#17 Jul 8, 2010
There are two David Keller in Franklin County
and both are in lawyers. Are you sure you
have the correct David Keller regarding being a commissioner?
LOL

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Jul 8, 2010
Why wrote:
Why have comments been deleted?
Umm WHY..this hole forum will be shut down soon any way..
Some smart a ss will start saying crazy stuff and that will
be the end of it..I for one can't wait to see what he get.Jail time Probation
slap on the wrist. Time will tell..

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#19 Jul 8, 2010
You nuts just cannot wait for the chance to fire that gun, can't you?

Voluntary manslaughter by butthole. That's murder.
URA Wingnut

Landisburg, PA

#20 Jul 8, 2010
Would that be threatened? I don't believe God will be his trial judge in Franklin County Court(remember seperation of church and state) and right now that is where he is scheduled to stand trial. He may well face justice on his judgement day, but for now the judicial system on Earth is all Mr. Jones, the Runyons and we the people have. Do you believe that a person who has Christian values cannot own a gun? or that you must be a non-Christian to own a gun? I respect your decision to not own a firearm, but to somehow cloud it behind a religous philosophy is not quite proper.
A Christian wrote:
My only thughts on this is what I know Mr. Jones was a Christian man : this being said , my life would have to be truley threated ( you know gun to the head ) before I would ever even think about taking somebody elses life. Since I am not a hunter and being a person with Christian values , I don't even own a gun and would never buy one if we had "trouble " in the neighborhood. It appears Mr Jones is like 6' 2" and is wife is like 5'6" , and he felt "threated" ??? God knows what was in the heart and no matter what the justice system does, he will face this issue again before God.
Mike

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Jul 8, 2010
That is bull that they were both scared to death cause they saw someone around their house. She saw one person once. She wouldn't have been running at him either. She had her arm in a sling. He deserves what he has coming to him.
Agree

Chambersburg, PA

#22 Jul 8, 2010
Mike wrote:
That is bull that they were both scared to death cause they saw someone around their house. She saw one person once. She wouldn't have been running at him either. She had her arm in a sling. He deserves what he has coming to him.
Mike i agree.All i will say is she worked with my wife at the hospital..(TO) many weird things to his storie..She was there when he hit the snooze button but he didn't check again when he jumped up and grabed a gun to see if she was still there??..Also when you have dog's for a long time you come to know them like clock work.So if they were NOT barking why would you be so quick to pull a triger? why not yell out HUNNY IS THAT YOU!!!..Time will tell.i feel if does take a jury trial that will be A big mistake on his part
bill

Gettysburg, PA

#23 Jul 8, 2010
You are all judge and jury now right? This makes me sick I know the man personally. He is a precious, sweet, gentle natured man. Kristin, was a precious, life of the party, outgoing, caring individual. They both did not deserve what has been handed to them.
My home too was violated, and when it is your home you feel that you can handle it. I didn't call the police until the night that he was at my front door trying to enter.
Kristin herself called a friend the morning he was there, the man at her back door. She would sit in her home with a loaded gun by her side, she was that terrified.
Unload your guns, do not have a loaded gun in your home, learn from this tragedy. Kristin doesnt need to have died in vain. The girl was in the medical profession she wanted to help people, she still can if you all would just get the message.
Chris is a Christian, he is devastated. How do you think it would feel to have taken the life of someone you love. He is being punished, that in itself is punishment. God you help you all that are tying this before knowing all the facts.

Since: Oct 08

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Jul 8, 2010
I didn't know the family but what I don't understand is why he didn't say anything before shooting. I can't say what I would do in this situation but if he would have just yelled "stop" or "I have a gun". This more than likely would not have happened. That to me is the most tragic part of the whole thing.
concerned citizen

Chambersburg, PA

#25 Jul 8, 2010

Not being Judge or Jury !!!! Just think this should be a Jury trail. Hopefully the investigators do their job and get all the details and all the information on him and their life together that they can.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#26 Jul 8, 2010
If I were Chris and reported the details he did to police, I'd plead guilty and take my licks. It's actually the honorable thing to do, IMO. I get the feeling he thinks he can be found innocent because he says he is and will certainly have character witnesses. But does he feel not pleading guilty is most honorable? Now that there's going to be a trial and if it goes in his favor, are they going to deem it 'not guilty of anything?' That's just not true.

About 18 years ago, something smashed into our house with four loud bangs. We were scared and took turns staying up all night for several nights. NEVER did we consider sleeping with a gun. I'm not saying I'm in the majority, but sleeping with a gun at my pillow would require me being sure of an imminent threat to my LIFE. And really, in that case, I wouldn't even be there. These things are the whole problem: 1. No concrete indication of imminent threat to lives and, 2. The most reckless gun handling and usage I've ever heard of. BTW, do detectives sleep with a gun under their pillow? No way would I want myself or my spouse in the same bed with a gun.
LUV4KIDS

Chambersburg, PA

#27 Jul 8, 2010
This is just an all round, very sad situation!
Let the judges handle it.
We surely don't need to hear everyone's nasty comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Angie hockingberry brady Apr '17 Mike 1
Informal shooting range in the area Apr '17 plinkerton22 1
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Feb '17 martz fulton coun... 7
Carrick Iron Furnace Spring (Sep '16) Sep '16 Trailblazer12 1
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friend 1
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3

Spring Run Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages