Trial scheduled in Franklin County co...

Trial scheduled in Franklin County court for man accused of killing his St. Thomas wife

There are 24 comments on the Public Opinion story from Nov 6, 2010, titled Trial scheduled in Franklin County court for man accused of killing his St. Thomas wife. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A February trial date has been set for a former St. Thomas man accused of shooting and killing his wife earlier this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carla

Waynesboro, PA

#1 Nov 7, 2010
getting away with murder??
otis driftwood

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Nov 7, 2010
this post will be shut down by noon, because the truth hurts! how is he still out of jail when jerry rowe is in jail. and a 50000 dollar bail is pretty weak for killing someone rather you claim it was a accident or not. the kid in chambersburg who just tried to kill his dad with a knife, was set at $150000 bail and he didnt even stab him. this story sounds just as fishy as the kirby case and he spent time in jail before his trial too. what makes this yuppy any better than anyone else? why is he still out?
wasted rock ranger

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Nov 7, 2010
Carla wrote:
getting away with murder??
for now he is. i think this pretty boy will be sitting in jail with bubba when the jury hears the whole story. 2 to 4 ft away! thats bull shit! he knew what he was shooting at. he was afraid she was going to divorce him. plain and simple.
Xander Goloft

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Nov 7, 2010
Accidental or not, that girl lost her life. If it were an accident dont you think hed accept responsibility? I think by pleading not guilty he makes himself look that much more suspicious. You cant kill someone by mistake and expect to not face some type of punishment...which is what he apparently thinks can happen. He is slapping lady justice in the face.
UMMmm

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Nov 7, 2010
ambien wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How can you judge him guilty when you have not heard or know all of the facts in this case? You both are ignorant.
Jones said he fired a shot from a handgun at a distance of two to four feet, according to charging documents.

He told police that he did not call out to the person he saw running, or check the bed when he got up to see if Runyon was still there. He also said that his two large dogs, which normally bark when a stranger is in the house, remained silent until the shot was fired.

Enough said..His hole story DON'T add up..I truly hope the jury sees this as murder..

Also PO how about leaving some peoples post instead of killing the hole forum.How about you DO some work for a change and read the post and delete the ones YOU FEEL!!! to "Sensitive" for people to handle..DO your job,Yeah it's real easy to just close the hole forum witch i'm sure you'll do any Min
FCG as well

Carlisle, PA

#8 Nov 7, 2010
Probo wrote:
Driving a car well in excess of the speed limit and causing the death of another is a lawful act in a reckless or grossly negligent manner, and is involuntary manslaughter.
Shouldn't that be "unlawful"? Exceeding the speed limit is unlawful.
mizzy

Mount Wolf, PA

#11 Nov 7, 2010
Probo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, violations of state law can never serve as the underlying unlawful act. We find such a result to be supported neither by case law nor the language of the manslaughter statute.
The law is complex and confusing. That is why you must consult with a lawyer with experience and skill. Posters are quick to determine guilt but have no understanding of the law or it's interpretation.
and corrupt!!
wasted rock ranger

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Nov 7, 2010
ambien wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How can you judge him guilty when you have not heard or know all of the facts in this case? You both are ignorant.
let me guess, because you know his side and is probably family, you think you know the whole story? get a life grandma! he is a murderer, rather found innocent or guilty, he still killed someone. having someone in your house doesnt mean you are aloud to shoot them. she wasnt charging him with a weapon. at any giving time no matter what time of night it is, there is enough light in my house to see what is 4 ft infront of me. maybe since the dogs werent barking, that would be a good sign that the person in the house wasnt a stranger.
wasted rock ranger

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Nov 7, 2010
Big John wrote:
What a mess... Feel sorry for everyone involved.
All the haters need to ease up and let the judical system do its thing... All you guys do is get your blood pressure all revved up and talk trash on this forum... Which yeah, It will get shut down if you keep it up... Its news for Christ sake... RELAX... Hold your passions in check.
Mistakes were made and its a tragedy this lady died. Life isn't fair and never will be.
the judical system hasnt done their job yet! he killed someone and didnt spend a night in jail. low bail was set and he has been getting it put on the back burner for awhile now. if you kill someone that is a bigger priority then parking tickets. move this case forward already. get him in jail where he belongs.
LUV4KIDS

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Nov 7, 2010
I totally agree. If you have nothing nice to say, Then keep ur mousetrap shut! Yes! MOUSETRAP!
There are so many people that have nothing better to do then sit and take their anger out on The Public Opinion comments. Go outside and get some fresh air, Or When I was little my aunt use to tell my cousin, " Go outside and get the stink blown off ya and you'll feel better.
hmm

Biglerville, PA

#17 Nov 7, 2010
Wow this story sounds very hard to defend yet there sure are a lot of people trying. Safe to assume they must be friends or family of him. Hope it's a lesson that before you shoot, call out to the person to make sure they don't happen to be your wife or kids using the bathroom or what not. Especially if your dogs weren't concerned enough to bark. :(
Ann

Waynesboro, PA

#19 Nov 7, 2010
To everyone who wants to point fingers and don't even know the whole story except what you read in newspapers shut the h*** up! No one truely knows what happen except her and him and god. This man has to live with what he did everyday of his life that is punishment enough alone. And never once did he ever say he didn't shoot her.
Grand Pubaugh

Shippensburg, PA

#20 Nov 7, 2010
It pays to be a Mason in Franklin county!!!!!!!!!
UmmMm

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Nov 7, 2010
Ann wrote:
To everyone who wants to point fingers and don't even know the whole story except what you read in newspapers shut the h*** up! No one truely knows what happen except her and him and god. This man has to live with what he did everyday of his life that is punishment enough alone. And never once did he ever say he didn't shoot her.
Ummm ANN HE=The Husband told the HOLE story to Police..

Jones said he fired a shot from a handgun at a distance of two to four feet, according to charging documents.

He told police that he did not call out to the person he saw running, or check the bed when he got up to see if Runyon was still there. He also said that his two large dogs, which normally bark when a stranger is in the house, remained silent until the shot was fired.

I don't see how that's not the hole story when it came from HIS mouth???..

The Questions are. YOu don't bother to look at the bed again before you go grabing a gun and heading to the hallway?..The dogs are not barking witch he states they always do when something or someone is in or around the house?..Also why not a SIMPLE HUNNY/HEY BABE IS THAT U!!!!!!!! before pulling the TRIGGER???..HE HIM Self told the hole story so people need to stop with the..IF you don't know the HOLE story then shut your mouths..How can you know your wifes in bed when hit the snooz button 2 times but you DON'T check when you get a gun if she's still in the BED!! give me a break!!!
UmmMm

Chambersburg, PA

#22 Nov 7, 2010
Squalid Gene Pool wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of your limited brain function you say "His hole story DON'T add up" [sic] and go as far as to say "I truly hope the jury sees this as murder" [sic]
Your Daddy is really your Grandfather isn't he?
All i can say is wow.If that's what you do on forums then you should feel real Proud of your self...Seems to me your the one with limited brain functions.Cause you would rather belittle someone..Instead of having a Intelligent Conversation about it..
wasted rock ranger

Chambersburg, PA

#23 Nov 7, 2010
Ann wrote:
he has to live with it? he still has a job at letterkenney. if you even get a dui where i work, you are suspended pending outcome of the trail. i dont think he is taking it to hard. he did what he wanted to do. keep her from leaving him.
ex friend

Chambersburg, PA

#24 Nov 7, 2010
Ann wrote:
hes not taking it to hard if he is with other women already. when i see him it looks like he is living life to the fullest. which he should cuz hopefully by the end of february he will be in jail for a long time!
otis driftwood

Chambersburg, PA

#25 Nov 7, 2010
ad testi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sixth Amendment
Innocent until proven guilty
Statute of Limitations
Due Process
Statue of Limitations will be up if the system keeps putting this case off
Retired NCO

Greencastle, PA

#27 Nov 7, 2010
ad testi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sixth Amendment
Statute of Limitations
Due Process
There is no statute of limitations on murder.
Riversong

Chambersburg, PA

#28 Nov 7, 2010
ad testi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sixth Amendment
Statute of Limitations
Due Process
THANK YOU!!!
So many people forgte this. We don't know the whole story, and probably never will.
Let the jury decide. That's the right of every American citizen...and people die for that right...and our other freedoms.
Whether we like it or not, innocent people do get accused and/ or caught up in situations.(I'm not saying this is the case, here) but we don't know the whole story

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anglers Beware May 1 Old Man Poop Poop 1
Carrick Iron Furnace Spring (Sep '16) Dec '17 Mimallah 2
Anyone know Angie hockingberry brady (Apr '17) Apr '17 Mike 1
Informal shooting range in the area (Apr '17) Apr '17 plinkerton22 1
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Feb '17 martz fulton coun... 7
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friend 1

Spring Run Jobs

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages