Thefts, vandalizing of campaign signs...

Thefts, vandalizing of campaign signs are acts of terrorism

There are 9 comments on the Public Opinion story from Nov 10, 2008, titled Thefts, vandalizing of campaign signs are acts of terrorism. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, so I want to say thank you to all veterans. Without you this would not be a free nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Dave

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1 Nov 10, 2008
I lost numerous signs to thieves and it didn't change my vote. It just made me put up another & make me work harder to get my candidate elected.
FormerRepublican

Manahawkin, NJ

#2 Nov 10, 2008
The author said your signs were stolen by domestic terrorists.

“ONE LOVE...ONE HORSE”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Nov 10, 2008
I almost spit out my coffee when I read this line!

==

"...but when you steal or deface the sign you are trying to force them to vote your way and are violating their freedom of speech. To me the criminal who thinks it is just a prank to steal political signs and/or deface them is no better than the terrorists of 9-11.

Now to get to more joyful things..."
Sharon

South Plainfield, NJ

#4 Nov 10, 2008
I don't think that people should be stealing or vandalizing political signs, but don't you think you're being a bit extreme? I mean really - stealing a political sign vs. killing thousands of people and participating in senseless violence and devastation. Really?
Also, whether right or wrong, freedom of speech goes both ways.
jon

Brownfield, TX

#5 Nov 10, 2008
I agree with Sharon!
Everyone is useing that word for just about everything now a days!!!!!!!
And it's beginning to get OLD !
Andy

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Nov 10, 2008
jon wrote:
I agree with Sharon!
Everyone is useing that word for just about everything now a days!!!!!!!
And it's beginning to get OLD !
McCartyism in the present.

They tried it with Obama, and it backfired.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 10, 2008
Is someone trying to plug their church fundraiser in this letter, what is going on? Does the author need something for a bipolar disorder... jumping from gratitude to whatever you want to call the sign stealing part, to plugging the church fundraiser. I can't take much more of this. lol.

All the vandals and sign stealers are terrorists, by the way come to my church and have turkey and all the trimmings for a small price which is donated to charity. W.T.F?
Just Wondering

Carlisle, PA

#8 Nov 10, 2008
Does anyone wonder why the day after the election was over almost everyone took down their Obama
yard signs????
If my candidate had won I would have been proud and would have kept my sign up for a least a couple weeks.
Better Watch the Reps Too

Blain, PA

#9 Nov 11, 2008
Alloway reportedly took John Weyman's campaign signs to Weyman's office when he ran against Weyman and then made a smart remark to Weyman. I guess that was terrorism too. Isn't it a violation of a federal rule or regulation when someone does something to a campaign sign?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Apr '16 lol 6
News Arson charges filed in camp blaze (Feb '15) Feb '15 silly rabbit 1
yep (Nov '14) Nov '14 great 1
Review: JDT Slaughterhouse (Apr '14) Apr '14 ELYG 1
News Principal's alleged involvement confirmed (May '11) Mar '14 jts 2
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Mar '11) Mar '11 ahh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages