Christopher Jones pleads guilty to vo...

Christopher Jones pleads guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his wife

There are 136 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Christopher Jones pleads guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his wife. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

In an apparently unscheduled meeting Thursday with a judge, Christopher Jones pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the February shooting death of his wife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Double Standard

Newburg, PA

#158 Jan 7, 2011
Ticked off wrote:
<quoted text>
Special Privilages? How do you figure? It's because he is innocent and this was a terrible, terrible tragedy!
Well lets start by given a non-secure bail for a death that occured at his hands (at his own admission). In the past year I can recall two other incidents with same outcome yet those two men had a whopping bail set! One was a father who shot his son, had bail set, made it, only to be returned to prison with the assistance of the SERT team!!! Another had a man busting up his house and threatened to kill his family!!! And again I state, per the PO, "UNSCHEDULED MEETING WITH A JUDGE"???? If you don't like what people are posting then maybe you should get your "FAMILY MEMBER", who said they had a meeting scheduled, to have the PO retract the statement!! Again I say I feel for both families but why should he have special privilages/immunity in the paper??? The least of his crime would be that you never shoot at anything until you know what it is, GUN SAFETY 101!!!
Double Standard

Newburg, PA

#159 Jan 7, 2011
NEW YORK wrote:
You all need to grow up and get a life.**** these post, they shouldn't be on here in the first place! This is for people who don't have a life but to sit here and read a paper and comment on others lives because they dont have one! No, I am not related, but I do know both families and they are both suffering. Put yourselves in their shoes. Would you want people running their mouths on the internet about you???? NO, so GET A LIFE!!!!!
Evidentially you don't have a life either then or you wouldn't be on here reading and posting back. If you don't like the forum, JUST SAY NO!!
TJa31

York Springs, PA

#160 Jan 7, 2011
I just wanted to put my comment out there. I do feel very sad for both families. I am sorry the Runyon family lost a loved one. But I knew Chris from school and I just do not believe in my heart that he did this on purpose. He was a good guy and I am sure he still is. My Heart goes out to your families. I will keep you in my prayers.
player

Chambersburg, PA

#161 Jan 7, 2011
[QUOTE ..I just wanted to put my comment out there. I do feel very sad for both families. I am sorry the Runyon family lost a loved one. But I knew Chris from school and I just do not believe in my heart that he did this on purpose. He was a good guy and I am sure he still is. My Heart goes out to your families. I will keep you in my prayers.[/QUOTE]

1) Bad things Do happen to "good" people. Sweet Kristin is gone.
2) This investigation has reeked of special privileges from DAY ONE! This case needs to be looked into by a higher power Authority figure and the Judges, prosecutors AND Coroner need investigated..
Every person that committed Murder in Franklin County should be walking the streets and going to their poshy Job every day.
Also, why is this dude living in another town when he had a house in St Thomas?? Was the guilt too much to live there with the memory of what he did to the Runyon girl?? She was sweet and kind and did not deserve to die needlessly at the hands of the person who was supposed to love her the most..

An accident??? MY FREAKIN AARRRSSE!!
think about it

Chambersburg, PA

#162 Jan 8, 2011
player wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Bad things Do happen to "good" people. Sweet Kristin is gone.
2) This investigation has reeked of special privileges from DAY ONE! This case needs to be looked into by a higher power Authority figure and the Judges, prosecutors AND Coroner need investigated..
Every person that committed Murder in Franklin County should be walking the streets and going to their poshy Job every day.
Also, why is this dude living in another town when he had a house in St Thomas?? Was the guilt too much to live there with the memory of what he did to the Runyon girl?? She was sweet and kind and did not deserve to die needlessly at the hands of the person who was supposed to love her the most..
An accident??? MY FREAKIN AARRRSSE!!
totally agree!!
hot charlie

Shippensburg, PA

#163 Jan 8, 2011
Double standard from the start. The poor man that killed his son in self defense will get a harsher sentence than this useless trash. Does anyone know if this man is still employed at Letterkenny? An admitted murder still working on government property while many others are out of work? I'd start my own investigation of the case but I'm not a member of the C-burg club so I can't interview the judge or DA and I don't eat at Waffle House so I won't be able to talk to the coroner.
pamale

Chambersburg, PA

#164 Jan 8, 2011
A great many of these comments, ill-informed or otherwise, would have been avoided if the DA's office had acted in an open, fair and responsible manner. If they had conducted a real 'public hearing' and then provided the public answers then a lot of this upset would have been avoided. I think the DA's office could quash this argument in a nanosecond if it only it told the public - which does pay their salaries and for the court system - why this case was handled in the way it was. By the way, Mr. Fogal is running for election so perhaps it is in his best interests to satisfy the public that this defendant was not given preferential treatment, which, by the looks of these postings, many feel has been the case.
LOLWOW

Chambersburg, PA

#165 Jan 8, 2011
let-it-go wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon please do yourself a favor, get the heck out of this forum. People are **** holes! Tell any family or friends to stay away it will only cause more heartach for everyone. It is the system that is making things look more suspicious, when in fact it is probaly they really think it was an accident. My prays go out to all of you.

It's the system that is making things look more "Suspicious"????How so???

Here and i "quote" Right from the horses mouth ok in case you forgot or missed any thing..

"Jones" told investigators he
fired a .40 caliber handgun at his wife from a distance of two to four feet. He said he thought his wife was an intruder approaching him in their upstairs hallway.
"Jones" told police he did not verify the whereabouts of his wife after he was awakened by downstairs noises, but he assumed she was still in the bed. He did not give any kind of warning before firing.

The couple's two Labrador retrievers, which normally bark when a stranger enters the house, remained silent until the gunshot, "Jones" told police.

I really don't see how the SYSTEM!! is making it look more "Suspicious"..
He did i Fine job on his OWN!
idiots

Duncannon, PA

#166 Jan 8, 2011
fam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I have talked to may people today. But it is only because of you ridiculous people making the comments that you make and them hoping they can get more info out of all of this to make an even bigger mess of it all! And yes I do like to hear myself talk and I will never get over myself! So if you don't like what I say don't read it and move on. And yes I am family and yes he did do what is being said in the stories. That all came out the day it happened he didn't hold anything back.
I thought you knew the case!Jones walked for nearly a month before turning himself in!One week on the street,one week in the mental facility,and one week conferring with his lawyer before turning his self in.This is justice? BULL!
DOESNT ADD UP

Greencastle, PA

#168 Jan 8, 2011
I don't understand how he could see well enough to get out of bed, find his gun and turn off the safety but can't see well enough to tell that the person 2-4 feet in front of him was his wife. I'm sorry but too many things just don't add up. He should have been in jail a long time ago.
jessica

Gettysburg, PA

#171 Jan 8, 2011
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you knew the case!Jones walked for nearly a month before turning himself in!One week on the street,one week in the mental facility,and one week conferring with his lawyer before turning his self in.This is justice? BULL!
This is all lies. Every single sentence is a lie. Chris cooperated from the the moment he called 911. He told the police the entie truth the day the tragedy happened. Chris was never in a mental facility, he is mourning, and hurting which is what people do when they deal with a tragedy. He didn't have a lawyer for weeks, he didn't have a lawyer the day the police called him and asked him to come in, telling him on the phone that they had decided what the charges were going to be. He drove voluntarily and was charged. He never hid the truth from the second it happened.
He didn't just turn himself in, he told the truth from day one. Obviously the state police and DA didn't know what they should do with an accidental death. They took the weeks to decide what they were going to do, Chris was with family mourning his wife.
I pray that if you are ever faced with a tragedy that others show you more grace and compassion then you are showing Chris.
Not one sentence of your quote is a fact, it is all untrue, all of it.
shocked

United States

#173 Jan 8, 2011
yes he still works at letterkenny in the paint room and he consulted with dave keller the same day he shot and killed kristen.
po reader

Chambersburg, PA

#174 Jan 9, 2011
shocked wrote:
yes he still works at letterkenny in the paint room and he consulted with dave keller the same day he shot and killed kristen.
just unreal. This case needs to be looked into AND especially the Judges and the DA. This stinks of special treatment...
hmmmmm

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#176 Jan 9, 2011
anon wrote:
Nothing will bring her back. He saved everyone a lot of money by not going to trial. Even if he were now in jail, that time gets counted toward time served. So let him spend some time with his family, it will be a long time until he can do so again. Get over it.
Let him spend some time with his family? Are you serious? When will his wife ever get to spend time with her family? My prayers go out to her family and his family too but I think he should be in prison now. He has gotten away with this crime long enough.
Making MY Point

Chambersburg, PA

#183 Feb 8, 2011
I have read every single post on here. I can not believe the things ppl say about others they do not know. I will first make the point that I DO NOT know either family. I have read what Mr.Jones stated. Clearly there was a reason the couple had a gun. Did anyone on here READ that the week(s) prior there was somebody outside of their home that Kristen was afraid of? Obviously this poor soul was trying to protect the thing that meant the most to him. I am nonjudgmental to either party but I will not sit back and allow Americans to speak ill about a person God put on this earth. And I will say everyone who is judging this case on their own terms will have to ask forgiveness because there is no way you will be permitted in heaven for unjustly passing a negative judgment on another human being. I can say from my life, there have been many many times I did not know my husband got out of bed. I wake up hours later to him watching TV downstairs. So anyone who says I know where my wife is at all times is not telling the truth. You can only convince yourself in believing your lies, I guarantee if you lay down this evening and your wife needed to use the rest room you would not have know she went.

I will also say as a medical professional people use their sympathetic nervous system at times of crisis. If you ever feel threatened or in danger its automatically kicked into place with hormones. Can you honestly open your heart up and say if there was somebody in your home and you could not see that you would take the time to say "wife...call 911" see where the dogs are, check to see who is coming towards you before you make a decision. Let me ask this, if this was the same person Kristen seen the week prior in their home; Would you fault him for not doing anything and trying to decide should I protect my wife and myself or let this person harm us in any way? Look at the big picture guys open your eyes to the reality. Accidents do happen and innocent people are sent to jail all the time. Do you know what you would personally do if you felt something was wrong? Statistics show you go with your gut feeling. I can tell you as a fact that your body produces epinephrine, serotonin and norepinephrin in 3/10,000ths of a second.The moment he heard something suspicious his body was telling him to react. If you seen somebody snooping in your back door would you constantly look over your shoulder or would you not give it a second thought every time you looked out that window?

I also am very disappointed that you all think he should be sitting in jail from day one. We are not talking about a MURDERER like you all assume. Obviously we are not dealing with people of sound mind. Chris did not MURDER Kristen, period. He is working still because there at some point in somebody's mind reasonable doubt he actually meant to do this to her. If there was no question he did it he would not be out in the community right now. If his employer thought he was a threat, the government would not allow that contractor employee to remain working there.

As far as moving, I am not aware he did move by any viable statement out there. But if he did, does it honestly matter? Would you stay in a home where a tragedy occurred? Would you be able to be surrounded by the nightmare he lives with? Would you be able to lay in a bed that you shared so many wonderful memories with somebody? The honest answer is NO. In fact I bet you can not go to places you and an ex previously went to because it hurts. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at their own lives before they speak.

Do you drive over the speed limit? You are using your vehicle as a lethal weapon and endangering other lives. I bet that never crossed your mind did it....

Stop judging ppl you do not know or a situation where you are not familiar with the facts. I hope that all of you who are judging ask for forgiveness because tonight could be your last night alive, and you will be judged the same way by GOD.
Youngest Cous

Spring Grove, PA

#184 May 23, 2013
Chambersburg wrote:
I woundn't say much about the Jones family ,because they like guns and they use them.
Yeah, we do have a lot of guns. We're hunters! Just like most of you people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Run Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Angie hockingberry brady (Apr '17) Apr '17 Mike 1
Informal shooting range in the area (Apr '17) Apr '17 plinkerton22 1
vincent egor martz (Aug '13) Feb '17 martz fulton coun... 7
Carrick Iron Furnace Spring (Sep '16) Sep '16 Trailblazer12 1
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friend 1
News Franklin County divorce decrees (Jun '11) Jun '11 Doctor Fill 3

Spring Run Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Run Mortgages