Roy E. Braly, 88

There are 2 comments on the Mar 27, 2008, Baltimore Sun story titled Roy E. Braly, 88. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

“One time, he flew with Amelia Earhart from his father's airport to see the arrival of the Hindenburg at the Lakehurst Naval Air Station”

Roy E. Braly, a retired Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. engineer and decorated World War II bomber pilot, died Sunday of complications from an infection at the Augsburg Lutheran Home and Village in Arbutus. via Baltimore Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Laura Braly

Rosedale, MD

#1 May 13, 2008
I was Roy's daughter-in-law for 25 years and neighbor for nearly as many. He was a good man who loved his family and his country with a silent, steady kind of affection. He wasn't often openly intimate; hugs and kisses were rare. Yet, every time I told him I loved him, he responded with love. He was always there. When we needed new tires for the car, he gave them. He loved his retirement, golf, flying and his wives. I miss him all the time.
Johan Kuiper

Kootstertille, Netherlands

#2 Feb 27, 2009
Hello Laura , Just read this article on the WWW . The reason to give a response is the next one .
Youre Father in law , Roy E Braly , was shot down with his plane the Sacktime-Sally, now almost 66 years later , i made contact with Susan Verberg , she is the onliest daughter of the Navigator aboard the Sacktime-Sally , his name is Verberg, Merlin H.
Susan never heard stories from her Father about the time during the war , so if you knew about Verberg Merlin , or heard a story from youre Father in law , we would love to hear this.

Hope you give us a answer .
Johan Kuiper from the Netherlands middelbuorren@gmail.com
Laura Braly wrote:
I was Roy's daughter-in-law for 25 years and neighbor for nearly as many. He was a good man who loved his family and his country with a silent, steady kind of affection. He wasn't often openly intimate; hugs and kisses were rare. Yet, every time I told him I loved him, he responded with love. He was always there. When we needed new tires for the car, he gave them. He loved his retirement, golf, flying and his wives. I miss him all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Candy Phenomenail Apr 22 tee 1
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Mar '15 Sparrow 146
News Wall police captain signals plan to file $5M de... (Sep '07) Feb '15 Peter 36
city council Feb '15 mlb118 1
Marc Blizzurd Dec '14 Crusher 1
News Paving Begins November 4 on Brielle Road in Man... Nov '14 GoEagles 1
Pure barre (Aug '14) Aug '14 Paris 1
More from around the web

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]