Topless advocate on hunger strike

Aug 8, 2013 Full story: www.myfoxny.com 9

An advocate fighting for the right for women to go topless is on a hunger strike in a New Jersey jail after refusing to pay a 2008 fine for going topless at a Spring Lake beach.

She has been on a hunger strike since Monday. "State and local laws are all over the map on the issue of women's topless rights," said Nadine Gary, spokesperson for GoTopless.org, a group that claims women have a constitutional right to go topless in public on the basis of gender equality.

The GoTopless.org organization will hold its 6th annual GoTopless Day protests on August 25, including an event in Times Square.

Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 8, 2013
I think she should make a clean breast of it. And I offer to be her bosom companion.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 8, 2013
Is Ms. Feeley's first name Touchy?
Sheik Yerbouti

Furlong, PA

#3 Aug 8, 2013
Funny that a country that starts ward for no good reason is outraged by a topless woman! What a weird code of morality!
J Fonda

New Salem, ND

#4 Aug 8, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Funny that a country that starts ward for no good reason is outraged by a topless woman! What a weird code of morality!
Make love not ward.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#6 Aug 8, 2013
I just put a deposit down on the last four sq.ft. of space left in Times Square Aug.25.LOL!
Dr Pepper

Fishers, IN

#7 Aug 8, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
Mr. Bill is a BOOB.
Dr. Bill wanna dance topless in front of yo face!!;-00
Dr Pepper

Fishers, IN

#8 Aug 8, 2013
Dr. Bill would you like to go toplesss bar of sexting liked Antooney Weiner?!!!;-00
Justin

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Where is the outrage? Most American would find this story funny, even they don't happen to agree with her interpretation of the US Constitution. Many men pay money to see women go topless.

Now, is she were to organize a topless protest in Saudi Arabia or Iran, then she's in trouble.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#14 Aug 9, 2013
Like spandex, going topless is a privilege, not a right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marc Blizzurd Wed Crusher 1
Paving Begins November 4 on Brielle Road in Man... Nov '14 GoEagles 1
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Nov '14 MaryQ 144
Manasquan man, 35, found dead in uncle's Belmar... (Jan '09) Sep '14 mike70 9
Bill takes aim at NJ beach smokers (Mar '14) Sep '14 BillDuckman 10
Get outta here! 41 percent of New Jerseyans wou... (May '14) Sep '14 Garda Hyde 4
Pure barre Aug '14 Paris 1

Spring Lake News Video

Spring Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spring Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spring Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News