Pete

Spring Lake, NJ

#125 Jan 6, 2013
Does anyone here remember Dudley's By the Sea? My Dad was an owner. Art Stock was a bouncer, Jimmy and Bobby Byrnes started there. My sisters, cousins and friends use to go there after the beach with our Moms. Drink soda, eat Marischino cherries and bang of the drums. Eight year old's dream funtime
Topsee

Howell, NJ

#126 Jan 6, 2013
Where was dudley's,think i remember,wasnt the headliner was it?
Oldies57

Reno, NV

#127 Mar 18, 2013
Does anybody remember the oldies band that used to play at Jimmy Byrnes on Fridays and Saturday nights called the Class of '57.
Mariane

United States

#128 Apr 2, 2013
I remember Jerry lynchs. our favorite hangout in 1971-72. Does anyone remember the Take a Whack Trio.
James T

Jersey City, NJ

#129 May 29, 2013
gonewest wrote:
Spent many hours in Jimmy Byrnes Sea Girt Inn joining in with the Lynch Boys singing "I don't wanna go home"
I worked there, the summer of 1981 as a bouncer it was great drinking age was 18 then and people drank and did not worry about Dui or Hiv!
Gary suitcase Grazioso

Easton, MD

#130 Sep 23, 2013
The words to I don't want to go home are:
I don't want to go home ... I don't want to go home
we're having so much fun ($%&*)
I don't want to go home ... I don't want to go home the party's just begun
Send the bartenders home ... send the girlies all home ... send them all ... but leave me one
I don't want to go home ... I don't want to go home
we're having so much fun!!!
Topsee

Howell, NJ

#131 Sep 24, 2013
I still dont want to go home!
elaine

New York, NY

#132 Sep 26, 2013
Are The Lynch Boys still playing for hire? If so anyone know their contact information?
EdQ

Rockaway Park, NY

#133 Sep 26, 2013
Gary suitcase Grazioso wrote:
The words to I don't want to go home are:
I don't want to go home ... I don't want to go home
we're having so much fun ($%&*)
I don't want to go home ... I don't want to go home the party's just begun
Send the bartenders home ... send the girlies all home ... send them all ... but leave me one
I don't want to go home ... I don't want to go home
we're having so much fun!!!
I'm STILL trying to find a recording of "I Don't Want To Go Home". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
EdQ

Rockaway Park, NY

#134 Sep 26, 2013
I'm STILL trying to find a recording of "I Don't Want To Go Home". Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Since: Sep 13

Kerrville, TX

#135 Sep 27, 2013
I remember starting at the osprey, listening to salvation for a while, then onto the sea girt in where the carpet was so soaked with beer it would bubble up as you walked around, then onto the headliner which was open until 3am, there was a band there fro philly I believe that did a great job with music from jesus Christ superstar, I can tell you that highway 71 was a crazy road to be on, after 3amm it was pats diner in Belmar
Mark OnTheBeachNJ

Little Falls, NJ

#136 Nov 17, 2013
Their last appearance was a fundraiser at the Cove in NY three years ago. Johnny and Jimmy appeared without Richie (RIP). There are a few video documenting the show on You Tube.
disney904

Staten Island, NY

#137 Nov 17, 2013
Mark OnTheBeachNJ wrote:
Their last appearance was a fundraiser at the Cove in NY three years ago. Johnny and Jimmy appeared without Richie (RIP). There are a few video documenting the show on You Tube.
just saw jimmy lynch at the salty dog in Brooklyn two weeks ago at a fundraiser just great
gluvs from jc

Newark, NJ

#138 May 22, 2014
anyone remember band named collection
Glenn

Manasquan, NJ

#139 Jul 26, 2014
I just moved into area and heard about that place i wanted to see pictures just because i like nostilogical stuff. what website can i go to
Ed Quin - Rockaway Beach

Rockaway Park, NY

#140 Sep 4, 2014
We just saw Bobby Byrnes perform at Breezy Point, Queens, NYC. He still has a lot of energy and show "biz" in his heart. An enjoyable evening. Check his web site for the calendar.
Ed Quinn - Rockaway Beach

Rockaway Park, NY

#141 Sep 4, 2014
EdQ wrote:
I'm STILL trying to find a recording of "I Don't Want To Go Home". Anyone have an idea? Thanks!
Check out one of Bobby Byrnes performances. He probably has that number on a CD.
jpstrums

Bayside, NY

#142 Sep 23, 2014
hi everyone! it's Johnny from The Lynch Boys.... it's so great reading all the kind words and bringing back the great memories we all had. I don't know if anyone will even see this but I would love to connect with some of the seagirt inners that knew the band. Jimmy and I are doing a benefit for special children on October 4.2014 in bay ridge Brooklyn at the salty dog (3rd ave and 75 st) We are scheduled to go on at 7pm. it's for charity , so if you want to see The Boys (or what's left of them one more time, come on down)...Bring pictures.. Take pictures
Ed Quinn - Rockaway Beach

Rockaway Park, NY

#143 Sep 29, 2014
dinx0921 wrote:
It think the next line was:
Send the bartenders home
send the girlies on home
And the evening would not be complete without the Byrnes brothers singing "Alabama Jubilee". Those were great days but unfortunately, a decade ago! I think the guys and gals in their twenties were much better off when compared to today's dating scene. I met my wife of 46 years in the Keynote. We've had a good run, all starting at the Shore.
disney904

Forest Hills, NY

#144 Sep 30, 2014
jpstrums wrote:
hi everyone! it's Johnny from The Lynch Boys.... it's so great reading all the kind words and bringing back the great memories we all had. I don't know if anyone will even see this but I would love to connect with some of the seagirt inners that knew the band. Jimmy and I are doing a benefit for special children on October 4.2014 in bay ridge Brooklyn at the salty dog (3rd ave and 75 st) We are scheduled to go on at 7pm. it's for charity , so if you want to see The Boys (or what's left of them one more time, come on down)...Bring pictures.. Take pictures
looking forward to seeing you and jimmy i am a sea grit inn alumni

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paving Begins November 4 on Brielle Road in Man... Nov '14 GoEagles 1
Manasquan man, 35, found dead in uncle's Belmar... (Jan '09) Sep '14 mike70 9
Bill takes aim at NJ beach smokers (Mar '14) Sep '14 BillDuckman 10
Get outta here! 41 percent of New Jerseyans wou... (May '14) Sep '14 Garda Hyde 4
Jersey Shore Fishing: Many proves there are loc... Aug '14 lol 3
Pure barre Aug '14 Paris 1
Parking/ticketing (Jun '14) Jun '14 Karen Raisch 1

Spring Lake News Video

Spring Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spring Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spring Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 pm PST