Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Caldwell county NC population 81,930. receiving food stamps 16% or 13,108 unemployment 10.3% admitted , education : numbers vary according to source- 9.2 % BS or better 73.9% HS or better
health: opinions vary but according to one CDC Atlanta epidemiologist--"the peoples health is like that of a third world country"
Politics: mostly rabid republican and conservative democrats.
The republican history of failure: Previously furniture was booming with labor intensive technology requiring low paid low skill hard working "hands" as they were derisively called. To protect this labor pool of low paid workers, republikan commissioners actually actively opposed diversification or any industry paying higher wages. Some, like Eaton, came anyway, but when they offered higher wages, commissioners slowed their start up operations with building permit delays, having their personnel frequently ticket with traffic violations, etc. High school students were encouraged to quit school and go to work in the sweat shops , the library was closed early to minimize the number of individuals learning enough to graduate from the system. Then commissioners actually began giving "incentives" for furniture to move their operations to China and set up assembly only operations in Caldwell.
Now we have the results of all this "sucking up " to furniture barons

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Caldwell county NC population 81,930. receiving food stamps 16% or 13,108 unemployment 10.3% admitted , education : numbers vary according to source- 9.2 % BS or better 73.9% HS or better
health: opinions vary but according to one CDC Atlanta epidemiologist--"the peoples health is like that of a third world country"
Politics: mostly rabid republican and conservative democrats.
The republican history of failure: Previously furniture was booming with labor intensive technology requiring low paid low skill hard working "hands" as they were derisively called. To protect this labor pool of low paid workers, republikan commissioners actually actively opposed diversification or any industry paying higher wages. Some, like Eaton, came anyway, but when they offered higher wages, commissioners slowed their start up operations with building permit delays, having their personnel frequently ticket with traffic violations, etc. High school students were encouraged to quit school and go to work in the sweat shops , the library was closed early to minimize the number of individuals learning enough to graduate from the system. Then commissioners actually began giving "incentives" for furniture to move their operations to China and set up assembly only operations in Caldwell.
Now we have the results of all this "sucking up " to furniture barons
The library here is magnificent, and open quite a bit more than the one in Trinity Texas, and ten times bigger.i double dog dare you to compare Trinity County Texas to Caldwell County.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF.go to census bureau for up-to-date facts.Trinity County is larger than Caldwell County, but looks like Caldwell County is a lot more prosperous, in every category.79.5 percent is the HS graduation stat.Y'all don't know how good you have it here.And that's too bad.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF the census bureau says that the correct hs grad figure for Caldwell County is 75.4 %. That is one of the few areas in which Trinity County exceeded Caldwell County.Median household income was roughly ten thousand dollars more per year than in Trinity County., Texas.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

TSF wrote:
The NC republican Soviet style attack on the voting rights of young people and students will hopefully not actually stop them from voting as the republican fascist planned.
<quoted text>
Exactly what is the "attack"? I really haven't read about an "attack".
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

TSF wrote:
Republikans are demonizing themselves by crushing the poor , disabed, sick & unemployed but continuing and even increasing welfare to the rich.
Yes, our nation teeters on the verge of insolvency. Republikans want to borrow more money to start another war when they plan to shut down the government and not even pay the soldiers. Can anyone see a problem there? Republikans are the main cause of our insolvency. Tax breaks for the rich is not an economic plan, its just Christmas for the rich. Naturally, what has already failed on a national basis is being implemented in NC. We are already seeing the results of the republican regressive's work with increasing unemployment..
We are already seeing the republikan results with companies marking NC off the list of consideration for investment. Contrary to repulikan belief , ignorance, squalor, political turmoil , dirty air, polluted water and voter suppression do not attract industry. It creates uncertainty and uncertainty implies risks to investments.
OK, what companies are "marking off" NC? Name 'em.
Hilda E Davis Babs

Morehead City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Elaine F. Marshall is the most incompetent individual in state government. Her malfeasance of duty has cost our state millions of dollars in lost revenue since she took office as SOS. We definitely can't afford to have her as a Senator. Believe me, I've researched her records for years.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Exactly how is the secretary of state costing us money?
Hilda E Davis Babs wrote:
Elaine F. Marshall is the most incompetent individual in state government. Her malfeasance of duty has cost our state millions of dollars in lost revenue since she took office as SOS. We definitely can't afford to have her as a Senator. Believe me, I've researched her records for years.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Soviet style attack on voting by young persons consist of trying to make voting difficult for students by closing campus polling places, not counting college students as residents of the county in which they are living in rented dorms, closing pre registration for high school students who would otherwise be eligible to vote as a result of becoming 18 just before the election, etc. I do not think it will work because students will just be more motivated to vote--- against the republikans who are communistically trying to block their vote.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what is the "attack"? I really haven't read about an "attack".
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

There have been improvements over the years, thanks to the hard working taxpaying citizens of Caldwell.. Our library is NOW something of which we can be proud, as is our social services building, sheriff department building, community college , civic center and county office buildings.
Thanks to republikans, unemployment is still the pits.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The library here is magnificent, and open quite a bit more than the one in Trinity Texas, and ten times bigger.i double dog dare you to compare Trinity County Texas to Caldwell County.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
There have been improvements over the years, thanks to the hard working taxpaying citizens of Caldwell.. Our library is NOW something of which we can be proud, as is our social services building, sheriff department building, community college , civic center and county office buildings.
<quoted text>
I double dog dare you to do me doggie style T, while licking my armpits and jerking me off.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

TSF wrote:
Soviet style attack on voting by young persons consist of trying to make voting difficult for students by closing campus polling places, not counting college students as residents of the county in which they are living in rented dorms, closing pre registration for high school students who would otherwise be eligible to vote as a result of becoming 18 just before the election, etc. I do not think it will work because students will just be more motivated to vote--- against the republikans who are communistically trying to block their vote.
<quoted text>
That is total bull. The laws concerning student voting has been in place for years and as of yesterday, has not changed. If a student votes at school they can't vote at "home". http://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/student... So you can read up on the laws.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there not a couple new companies moving to Caldwell county? I see a "Now Hiring" sign all the time at a furniture company on "the loop". A customer where I work, works there, he said they don't get many people applying. I'm sure that's the Republicans fault as well. Just for grins, when was the last time YOU were in the library? Did Caldwell county Republicans have anything to do with those buildings or did the Democrats do it all?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

TSF THE library here in Lenoir is impressive, to say the least.Your constant rabble rousing against republicans is beginning to make you look unhinged. Not to mention, this kind of incendiary rhetoric is hugely divisive at a time when this country needs to pull together.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

That is great news. How many have they hired? What are the requirements and what are the jobs? Are you talking about the FB particle board plant on the loop? I drove the loop Friday and didn't notice any signs to that effect.
I was in the library a couple of weeks ago. Some of the county archives are located there on the old fiche reels. Yes. Taxpayer money was used to buy the old phone company building and renovate it into a library. Working republikans pay taxes just like working democrats . Fortunately, in the past, there has been enough tax money left over from the "incentive" give aways
to actually provide some services for all the citizens.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>Are there not a couple new companies moving to Caldwell county? I see a "Now Hiring" sign all the time at a furniture company on "the loop". A customer where I work, works there, he said they don't get many people applying. I'm sure that's the Republicans fault as well. Just for grins, when was the last time YOU were in the library? Did Caldwell county Republicans have anything to do with those buildings or did the Democrats do it all?
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

OK. I will take that observation under consideration. I wouldn't want to do or say anything divisive that would detract or push back against the last 5 years of republican obstructionism which has paralyzed our legislative process. I understand that nothing I say will have any effect on the collection of "contributions" by our federal and state legislators and their failure to represent anyone who doesn't pay first. I also realize that others see protesting against what appears to be inevitable as unrealistic. But I have this theory that if you are getting screwed/raped, you need to fight back or they might think you like it..
waco1909 wrote:
TSF THE library here in Lenoir is impressive, to say the least.Your constant rabble rousing against republicans is beginning to make you look unhinged. Not to mention, this kind of incendiary rhetoric is hugely divisive at a time when this country needs to pull together.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
OK. I will take that observation under consideration. I wouldn't want to do or say anything divisive that would detract or push back against the last 5 years of republican obstructionism which has paralyzed our legislative process. I understand that nothing I say will have any effect on the collection of "contributions" by our federal and state legislators and their failure to represent anyone who doesn't pay first. I also realize that others see protesting against what appears to be inevitable as unrealistic. But I have this theory that if you are getting screwed/raped, you need to fight back or they might think you like it..
<quoted text>
Are you aware thst 37% of US debt was created under Obama/democrats?(See, I didn't equate dems as evil).
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

TSF wrote:
That is great news. How many have they hired? What are the requirements and what are the jobs? Are you talking about the FB particle board plant on the loop? I drove the loop Friday and didn't notice any signs to that effect.
I was in the library a couple of weeks ago. Some of the county archives are located there on the old fiche reels. Yes. Taxpayer money was used to buy the old phone company building and renovate it into a library. Working republikans pay taxes just like working democrats . Fortunately, in the past, there has been enough tax money left over from the "incentive" give aways
to actually provide some services for all the citizens.
<quoted text>
Hired about 35 people, the requirements are about the same as Google had, no, not talking about the FB plant. Gald you are supporting your public library, although, it sounds like your job takes you there, not your reading desire or the classes they offer. Everybody....watch this.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Glad
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

But you are simplistic in your blame fixation for debt. I have not checked your number, but it seems reasonable enough--- until you consider that 11.6% of the debt accrued during Obama's tenure as president was INTEREST on the debt that was already present when he took office and which has been compounding since no payments have been made on the principle.
Also it is almost amusing that people continue to affix blame for debt on the president,(be it Obama or Bush or whomever), who cannot spend even a dime of taxpayer money. So, one more time. CONGRESS is responsible for ALL expenditures and taxes, not the president..
Now let me introduce you to a document called The Constitution of the United States. Article 1, Section 7." All Bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other bills."
Article 1, Section 9: "No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time."
So who makes laws? Answer - CONGRESS. Who is responsible for the budget and ALL expenditures? Answer--CONGRESS
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you aware thst 37% of US debt was created under Obama/democrats?(See, I didn't equate dems as evil).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Lake Discussions

Search the Spring Lake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) 9 hr Sarge 606
Review: JDM Automotive Wed Anonymous 1
Is Iron Order what your looking for? Wed 81 Supporter 6
Fayetteville Landlords Get No Repect Jul 22 Really 2
dead beat dads (Feb '10) Jul 22 Damn shame 6
Mike Brayman VMC Jul 21 itchy scratchie 5
Camper trailer parking? Jul 20 Frank 1
•••
•••