UPDATE: Indiana man arraigned in North Shore Estates home robbery

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

A 29-year-old Lafayette, Ind., man was arraigned Monday on felony charges connected to a North Shore Estates home invasion and armed robbery on Saturday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Pure scum. Keep this low life in his orange jumper.
Jean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Good job OCSO.

Since: Jan 08

Wyoming, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

too bad they can't get him to nark on his friend that is still on the loose.
Mar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

I heard this on the scanner from when it was initially called in by the wife, to when the shot was fired and the chase started, to when they finally got the one out by the Big Lake. I can't believe after 4+ hours, they couldn't find the other guy. It took HOURS for them to get any help, i.e. hovercraft, helicopter, etc. Communication, equipment and response times REALLY need to be improved. First they wanted the CG helicopter but instead of being in Muskegon it was in Milwaukee. Then later they said they wouldn't fly due to weather conditions. They tried Aeromed but they wouldn't fly either. Finally they got the CG copter from Traverse City and had to wait another hour for it to get here. They had both suspects in sight - both on the ice, one heading south and one heading north. Somehow they managed to lose the one and he's still loose.

I'm glad they got the one, but it just sounded like a comedy of errors listening to the communications over the scanner.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Mar wrote:
I heard this on the scanner from when it was initially called in by the wife, to when the shot was fired and the chase started, to when they finally got the one out by the Big Lake. I can't believe after 4+ hours, they couldn't find the other guy. It took HOURS for them to get any help, i.e. hovercraft, helicopter, etc. Communication, equipment and response times REALLY need to be improved. First they wanted the CG helicopter but instead of being in Muskegon it was in Milwaukee. Then later they said they wouldn't fly due to weather conditions. They tried Aeromed but they wouldn't fly either. Finally they got the CG copter from Traverse City and had to wait another hour for it to get here. They had both suspects in sight - both on the ice, one heading south and one heading north. Somehow they managed to lose the one and he's still loose.
I'm glad they got the one, but it just sounded like a comedy of errors listening to the communications over the scanner.
A piece of friendly advice, don't repeat what you hear on a scanner. It's legal to listen to anything but cell phones on a scanner, but it is a violation of federal law to repeat what you hear on the scanner.
what

Eagle Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

what
mamma

Eagle Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

this is a crazy story.
mother of two

Eagle Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

i wish they could get him to tell it all.
ottawa county

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

well mar, from g.r....you have no idea, i'm willing to bet, what it is like to track two suspects in the dark, in miserable weather conditions..on the big lake with lots of ice, cold water,obviously a dangerous, unpredictable situation, on a limited budget no less,lack of equipment..etc. granted, there is always room for improvement in any emergency and hind sight is always 20/20..but i'm sure the o.c.s.d appreciates your two cent worth...it's worth almost that much!
TBenes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

"A piece of friendly advice, don't repeat what you hear on a scanner. It's legal to listen to anything but cell phones on a scanner, but it is a violation of federal law to repeat what you hear on the scanner."

Huh? Says who? I have never heard that before. That's absurd!
Jim

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

TBenes wrote:
"A piece of friendly advice, don't repeat what you hear on a scanner. It's legal to listen to anything but cell phones on a scanner, but it is a violation of federal law to repeat what you hear on the scanner."
Huh? Says who? I have never heard that before. That's absurd!
He's right, it's an FCC violation (that means federal law).

Look it up.
TBenes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Call me guilty then! I repeat what the scanner says all the time to my husband who has selective hearing. ;o)
Spring Lake

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right, it's an FCC violation (that means federal law).
Look it up.
Exactly. Thank you.
les woot

Hannibal, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

i know this guy. he is a verry good person but without the right medicthion 24 days he is not the same man .but if you belive in GOD he would want you to pray for this one , if you belive in GOD pray for this one please p.s only GOD knows the truth abought everything not the press or police.
Rosiesmom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

Why did he run then if he did nothing wrong? Medicated or not, most people still know right from wrong.
les woot

Hannibal, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

let he who is without sin cast the first stone if you have a chemical imbalance is like being two different people.you dont know right from wrong . all men have sin just all men have different sin . what god my find discusting you might find ok.love all man kind please
Rosiesmom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who steal for a living. Mental illness or not. Maybe he should have chosen different friends that would have made sure he took the meds he needed.........
les woot

Hannibal, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

you dont know how wright you are. with the right medds. you would like him to. he is a nice guy and when it was all over the nexed day ill bet he was saying i did what , no, you got to be kidding me. i did that , but its to late now its up to him and god for now .we have all done things wrong but some get cought,some dont but god will let the truth be known .
les woot

Hannibal, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

ps the guy i know is very talented you would not belive it . that is why its not the jeremy i know.the jeremy i know (on his medication)you would love to have live next door
Sgt Stadenko

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2008

There is something more to this story. Why would a convicted coke head travel 100 miles, cross state lines, carry a weapon into an unoccupied home, have (pepper?) spray on hand? Something more here. What is the real motive? There are plenty of mcmansions to rob in Indiana. Crossing state lines, not to mention the extra gas expense and travel risks. And why the pistol? A sure ticket back to the pen.
Something more is going on here Watson, but what is the relation of the thief (thieves) to the victim?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Lake Discussions

Search the Spring Lake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
Heroin and Marijuana Jun '14 Tony Rowe 1
Holland Museum opens exhibit of Nazi propaganda... Jun '14 Johan Schmidt 20
wind storm blows away pronto pup stand Jun '14 John Depth 3
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
•••
•••
•••
•••

Spring Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••