Gas station clerk jumps into car to stop thief

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A gas station cashier took matters into her own hands when a man tried to drive off without paying for his fuel for the third time in less than a week.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jah

United States

#24 Jun 21, 2008
sounds like a midget woman, maybe the circus was in town
Lowell citizen

Waterford, MI

#25 Jun 21, 2008
That is the most foolish thing this woman could have done. If I had owned the store, I would have fired her. She endangered her life and lets not forget- left the store unattended....hello. In retail or banking- the most important thing when being robbed is to be observant- no dangerous. She needs a new lesson~
Thank god she was not hurt or worse :(
NO WAY

Wyoming, MI

#26 Jun 21, 2008
I am sorry, but that was DUMB!!! I don't care what he was steeling, nothing is worth your life!
Sunshine

Belleville, MI

#27 Jun 21, 2008
Who says the gas station was left unattended? I wonder what they talked about for that block ride? Did the perp let her out or did she have to jump out?

Jessica, I am glad you are safe, but please think about your family and friends before you do something like that again. Risking your life for a minimum paying, high stress job is not worth it. Or at least carry a weapon with you the next time.:). Gas drive offs are hurting all of us as it causes the price of gas to go up.
get smart

United States

#28 Jun 21, 2008
You go gril
lyn

United States

#29 Jun 21, 2008
good job. i would have done the same thing if i was in her shoes. she is very observant to notice him 3 times. what a great employee. i hope you get promoted to at least general manager. sure, she could have been killed, but she wasn't. some of us have to take chances. it looks like the guy just wanted gas, not blood. hurray for you young lady.
Oy Vey

Grand Blanc, MI

#30 Jun 21, 2008
Stupid, just stupid. She could have easily been killed and for what?$60? Her bosses $60--the same one that pays her minimum wage. No matter, it's not worth being killed, beaten, or any of the other possibilities.
get smart

United States

#31 Jun 21, 2008
Oy Vey wrote:
Stupid, just stupid. She could have easily been killed and for what?$60? Her bosses $60--the same one that pays her minimum wage. No matter, it's not worth being killed, beaten, or any of the other possibilities.
it was 31 bucks you you need to read the story. and if she wants to be a hero she can. you are just a big scardy cat.
lets think here

Bay City, MI

#32 Jun 21, 2008
I stop into that particular gas station quite regularly and this girl is the DUMBEST girl that I have ever met. Some of you call here brave, I call her an idiot. I try to avoid her at all costs and the risk of becoming dumber. If you are unfamiliar with Spring Lake, it is a small town and the police probably would have nabbed the guy within ten minutes. I also agree with the post from Lowell, I too would have fired her if it was my store. Think before you act girl.
Seriously

Grand Rapids, MI

#33 Jun 21, 2008
So did she call the police with the guy's license number before or after she went for the joy ride?
It was incredibly stupid and ineffective for her to jump in the car. Get a clue...if you want to help, use your brain. The rewards will be much greater.

“Any good mice lately?”

Since: Mar 08

Hairball Holler

#34 Jun 21, 2008
Minimum wage = your life? A sad life indeed.
drena

Scottsdale, AZ

#35 Jun 22, 2008
She is crazy.It's not her gas station. She only makes about 7 bucks an hour. Her parents didn't teach her street smart at all. If that was my daughter I would be very upset.
Oy Vey

Detroit, MI

#36 Jun 22, 2008
I rest my case--31 dollars--REALLY stupid. I am not a scardy cat--I just value my life more than $31 of my bosses money. I am sure he gave her a free slurpee for her valor.
get smart wrote:
<quoted text>it was 31 bucks you you need to read the story. and if she wants to be a hero she can. you are just a big scardy cat.
Crazy Baste_Red

Grand Rapids, MI

#37 Jun 22, 2008
JUmp in my car your going for a ride to middle of now where and let you walk home. I have child lock lke everyother car in the world. We would be disscussing about why e dont jump in strangers cars and is worth your life?? dumb brad
none

Grand Rapids, MI

#38 Jun 24, 2008
She is to be commended for showing people that crooks will pay for their misdeeds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
A strong spirit: 'Save Our City' hosts health s... Aug 21 lonewolf 1
Newlyweds take vows at hockey rink Aug 6 Smooth 10
Debate: Gay Marriage - Grand Haven, MI (Jan '12) Aug 2 Sneaky Pete 15
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Aug 1 Jonny 18
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
•••
•••
•••

Spring Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Spring Lake News, Events & Info