Spring Lake police chief suspended

Roger DeYoung, the police chief for the Spring Lake/Ferrysburg department , is serving an unpaid and mandatory suspension after being involved in a traffic accident on December 13. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Joel

Taylor, MI

#62 Jan 6, 2009
WHY wrote:
<quoted text>
not well said. If your cop, you have to obey the law because you uphold the law. the chief should be fired. On the other note how many warnings have you passed out in the past year for people driving careless. Probably a dozen warnings to the many tickets you have passed out. Ticket happy. Your not heros, it is a job. A hero is someone who is saving a person life without being paid. Come on. Do your job! Quit crying. He should be in jail and be fired. I would be fired from my job.
So what you are saying is that all the officers that have given their lives in the line of duty are not "heroes" because they get paid. So I guess all the soldiers are not heroes either or all the firefighters and officers that rushed into the World Trade Center aren't either. He was not charged with any crime so why would he go to jail. The investigating agency did not find enough evidence to make an arrest. Get over it already. Until you have the guts to do what he has done for 20 plus years your comments mean nothing.
CJD

Grand Rapids, MI

#63 Jan 6, 2009
Police officers risk there life everyday they work and all the media wanted to do is talk about there mistakes. Maybe you should talk about all the arrest this man has made over the years. You know putting away the drug deals, murders, and rapist.
WHY

Grand Rapids, MI

#64 Jan 7, 2009
CJD wrote:
Police officers risk there life everyday they work and all the media wanted to do is talk about there mistakes. Maybe you should talk about all the arrest this man has made over the years. You know putting away the drug deals, murders, and rapist.
Thanks for the info and there job title. I am glad he did not kill your loved ones drinking and driving
WHY

Grand Rapids, MI

#65 Jan 7, 2009
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing your response accomplished was that everything I stated before is true! So just keep up the great work at making your mom proud!
Spring Lake Police Chief made his mom prowd. Keep up the good work! Keep on drinking and driving.
WHY

Grand Rapids, MI

#66 Jan 7, 2009
Joel wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that all the officers that have given their lives in the line of duty are not "heroes" because they get paid. So I guess all the soldiers are not heroes either or all the firefighters and officers that rushed into the World Trade Center aren't either. He was not charged with any crime so why would he go to jail. The investigating agency did not find enough evidence to make an arrest. Get over it already. Until you have the guts to do what he has done for 20 plus years your comments mean nothing.
I would never do what he has done for 20 years. I would drink too. Police officers become angry over the years. Good luck.
Ok now

Grand Rapids, MI

#67 Jan 7, 2009
Why would he announced to the public that he has a drinking problem and that he is getting help for when he Says drinking wasn't a issue during the car accident. mmmmm..something fishy is going on. Why did the cops give him a alcohol breath test when he admitted he started drinking at home. It was a waste of time to give him that test. The real truth behind his story is that he left the scene because he was drinking and the department is covering up the story because he is a good police chief. Special privilages. Wow! I am glad he did not kill anyone!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful Grand Haven Lighthouse. (Aug '08) Dec 14 Go Blue Forever 13
Holland Museum opens exhibit of Nazi propaganda... (Apr '14) Dec 13 for sure 22
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Nov 23 dave 19
Grand Haven doesnt like black people (Oct '12) Nov 23 Whitechick 27
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct '14 disco stu 2
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Man came to door wanting me to vote Sep '14 backdrop001 1
Spring Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spring Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spring Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST