Breaking News: CO poisoning at Spring Lake Twp. cottage leaves ...

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

A family visiting the area from Missouri was hospitalized this morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2007
Jen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Let the lawsuits begin (on the landlord's part)
Ang

Melvindale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I'm glad everyone is ok, but the family went on a Christmas trip and now they will be getting a hefty lawsuit paid to them!
hms

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

yep..you guys said it!!
Lucky to be alive!!!

“Common sense RULES ”

Since: Sep 07

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer, its important to have detectors available especially in older homes/furnances where they may be more susceptible to malfunction. Annual furnance inspections can minimize the effects of such occurance. God Bless the family & children affecte by this.

RCE

“RCE”

Since: Jun 07

Grand Rapids

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I think this comment site should be closed down. I come here to read the comments and add well wishes and it typically is all the same negative comments. Do you remember the saying, "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all".
independent

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

RCE wrote:
I think this comment site should be closed down. I come here to read the comments and add well wishes and it typically is all the same negative comments. Do you remember the saying, "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all".
No one said anything bad or negative but you. Maybe you should just not come here, ey?

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

RCE wrote:
I take it you don't agree with/believe in the Right to Free Speech?
Republican

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

RCE wrote:
Total fascist. Must be a card-carrying republican christian.
Ang

Melvindale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

RCE wrote:
Who is saying something negative...I read and re-read all of the comments and I just don't see it! Maybe you're seeing things, you better check your house for Carbon Monixide...it's clouding your vision
EVERY PERSONS RIGHT

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you don't agree with/believe in the Right to Free Speech?
The key word in your sentence is "FREE". It is a RIGHT allowed to every single person, including those that may or may not agree with our own way of thinking.
Justin

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I think that all homes should have Carbon Monixide detectors in there home. Families should take every precaution to eliminate any possibility of tragedy entering their household. It would have been a horrible lose if anything would have happened to this family.
Booger

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

RCE wrote:
May I break my Resolution and flip my first Booger on you . Darn Liberal.

Since: Oct 07

out in the sticks

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Thank heavens the family is OK. What a tragedy this would have been to have lost them all.

I am wondering if this is a summer cottage, that maybe is not used much in the winter? Please don't forget the CO detectors, even in the summer cottage. They only cost a few bucks, and can save many lives.

God bless this family, and I hope they make a speedy recovery.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

EVERY PERSONS RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word in your sentence is "FREE". It is a RIGHT allowed to every single person, including those that may or may not agree with our own way of thinking.
Thank you for making my point for me, and I totally agree!

My whole point to that sentence was just because you don't agree with what's posted does NOT mean others don't have a right to post their opinions too. So, just because you may think that some posts are negative doesn't mean this forum needs to be shut down. That's one of the best things about America, we have the right to free speech without worry of being arrested for it. Therefore, not everyone is always going to agree with you, but they have the same rights to post THEIR opinion as you do.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Lake Discussions

Search the Spring Lake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
Heroin and Marijuana Jun '14 Tony Rowe 1
Holland Museum opens exhibit of Nazi propaganda... Jun '14 Johan Schmidt 20
wind storm blows away pronto pup stand Jun '14 John Depth 3
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
•••
•••
•••
•••

Spring Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••