Hungry pets find champion in Sp Lake

Having to choose between your family or the four-legged members of your family is a painful choice too familiar to Jennifer and David Stiles. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Just Thinking”

Since: Nov 07

Sparta, MI

#1 Feb 16, 2009
awesome
Broke in Michigan

Wyoming, MI

#2 Feb 16, 2009
Are other counties doing this? Outstanding job.
Xanadu

Gaylord, MI

#3 Feb 16, 2009
BRAVO! I applaud you and your wonderful program.
Wish you the very best in this wonderful venture.
Blessings on your head.
The Pet Pantry

Grand Haven, MI

#4 Feb 16, 2009
We just wanted to say Thank You to everyone that has already contacted us in regards to the Pet Pantry. We have already had an amazing response and look forward to being able to help many people and pets in the future, and we hope to make a difference in and around our community. Again, Thank You!

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#5 Feb 16, 2009
What a great idea. I going to see if Allegan county has one. Great Story.

“Enlightened”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids

#6 Feb 17, 2009
Good people doing good work. Let's keep this up!
ShamelessHussy

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Feb 17, 2009
I wish the Stiles family all the best and I hope they can help many many animals. This is a great cause.

I hope that there's a kindly lawyer out there who will help them, for FREE, get their 501 (c)(3) status set up as well as other legal protections they may need.
Bryan

Denver, CO

#8 Feb 17, 2009
What a great program, and I am so happy to see people trying hard to help pets. Animals don't get a bailout, they don't get a stimulus package, and they are usually left behind in times of need. This is a really great program, and my wife and I will be donating to help.
Sara Redeker

Saint Charles, IL

#9 Feb 17, 2009
It is so refreshing to see people giving back to pets in need. They love us unconditionally and MANY times we do not reciprocate that love back because "they aren't human". My pets are my children and I love them. Thank you to the Stiles family for helping out. You are angels in disguise.
jbristol

Greenville, MI

#11 Feb 17, 2009
What a great thing to do! The government isnt going to help us through these hard times, we all need to help each other out, and this is one wonderful way. God bless!!! And thank you!
Fuel for the Fire

Muskegon, MI

#12 Feb 17, 2009
Sara Redeker wrote:
It is so refreshing to see people giving back to pets in need. They love us unconditionally and MANY times we do not reciprocate that love back because "they aren't human". My pets are my children and I love them. Thank you to the Stiles family for helping out. You are angels in disguise.
They are not just giving back to the pets. These animals mean so much to the families, especially the elderly. Sometimes that is the main reason they get up in the morning. Same thing with some of the unemployed who are starting to get really down in the dumps. This family is doing a great job for the pets AND the people who love & need them. I agree - you are angels in disguise. Bless you - keep up the good work. And to anyone who can, DONATE!
LGray

United States

#13 Feb 17, 2009
I will be meeting the Stiles later this week with donations from the Grand Rapids area. I live in Walker. If anyone wants to donate and can not make the drive to Spring Lake. You can email me at dgray23@sbcglobal.net.
Nice to see

Lansing, MI

#14 Feb 17, 2009
Great Job! Its not the animals fault. Lets get this going everywhere!

“Just Thinking”

Jenison, MI

#15 Feb 17, 2009
Is it really that difficult to spell out "Spring" for Spring Lake. Who invented "Sp." short for Spring, geez.
Oliver and Nora

Worcester, MA

#16 Feb 17, 2009
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Thank you
Angela

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Feb 17, 2009
I think it's great what she's doing !!!! Keep up the good work.:)

“Just Thinking”

Jenison, MI

#18 Feb 17, 2009
Angela wrote:
I think it's great what she's doing !!!! Keep up the good work.:)
Was there an postal address that people could send donations to, as in cash donations? THis is so great! Very inspiring!!!!
Patra

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Feb 17, 2009
What a wonderful thing to be doing! Thank you for helping out pets and for informing people of this huge problem.
Lisa

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Feb 17, 2009
God Bless these people. We all need to do a lot more to help our furry friends.
Kathy

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Feb 18, 2009
I don't know if you saw on Fox 17 News on Tuesday night there is also a program starting next week in Kent County called the Kibble Konnection and is a division of Humane Society of Kent County (all volunteer) that will be kicking off next week with the first distribution to begin in March. Hopefully we can get all the counties on board to feed all the animals in need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Nov 23 dave 19
Grand Haven doesnt like black people (Oct '12) Nov 23 Whitechick 27
Beautiful Grand Haven Lighthouse. (Aug '08) Nov 19 papasbaby 12
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct '14 disco stu 2
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Man came to door wanting me to vote Sep '14 backdrop001 1
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep '14 Prayers for Jessica 11
Spring Lake Dating
Find my Match

Spring Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spring Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spring Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:07 pm PST