Dangerous Sidewalks on Beach side of the Street in Belmar

Posted in the Spring Lake Heights Forum

Rachel Ann

Springfield, NJ

#1 Jun 5, 2014
Dangerous Beach Street Sidewalks in Belmar! Beware! Ramps are perpendicular to the sidewalks. The elevation is graduated from the boards to the middle of the sidewalk where it levels off to meet the sidewalk. This is a dangerous situation, for people walking, especially seniors and toddlers. It is not marked that part of the sidewalk now has a slight step up. The township of Belmar needs to re-assess and fix these hazards that are probably all along the beach side sidewalks. Fortunately, the person I saw fall did not seriously hurt herself, nor did she hit her head. The next victim may not be so lucky. At the very least, paint them so people are aware that there is a step up and the entire sidewalk is not level flat .make them visible in the day time and in the evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Lake Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill takes aim at NJ beach smokers (Mar '14) Sep 16 BillDuckman 10
Get outta here! 41 percent of New Jerseyans wou... Sep 14 Garda Hyde 4
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Sep 4 Ed Quinn - Rockaw... 137
Jersey Shore Fishing: Many proves there are loc... Aug 21 lol 3
Pure barre Aug 21 Paris 1
Hairspray the Musical at the Algonquin Aug '14 Lauren Hodgin 1
Sea girt light and full moon tonight Aug '14 Webmess 1
•••
•••
•••