Spring Hill police chief included in TBI probe

May 11, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Tennessean

Police Chief John Smith's resignation Friday comes after he admitted that he knowingly allowed misconduct in his department, according to City Administrator Victor Lay.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Citizen

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Ya just never know,I'm shocked really I am ...
Really

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

His drug addiction should have been enought to throw him out. Is this the type of person we want to ensure the safety of our community?
Believe what you want

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Jump to conclusions people. He was trying to help a fellow officer. How many bosses would do that?
Really

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Believe what you want wrote:
Jump to conclusions people. He was trying to help a fellow officer. How many bosses would do that?
The article states - Police Chief John Smith's resignation Friday comes after he admitted that he knowingly allowed misconduct in his department, according to City Administrator Victor Lay

Knowlingy Allowed! Hmmm yea, helping out a fellow officer. I have a family member who is a state trooper and believe me they know right from wrong. You would think a small town chief would be on his p's and q's!
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Really wrote:
His drug addiction should have been enought to throw him out. Is this the type of person we want to ensure the safety of our community?
Drug addiction ?? It's people like you that only read what they want to, I dont call two Tylenol 3's an addiction !! AND YES he was trying to help a fellow officer...another fine example of the world we live in today DON'T TRUST NO ONE !! HELP NO ONE !! Be out for yourself and no one else. If you see someone down on there luck ..KICK THEM !! Its people like you that this world such a shit hole !!
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
The article states - Police Chief John Smith's resignation Friday comes after he admitted that he knowingly allowed misconduct in his department, according to City Administrator Victor Lay
Knowlingy Allowed! Hmmm yea, helping out a fellow officer. I have a family member who is a state trooper and believe me they know right from wrong. You would think a small town chief would be on his p's and q's!
Your family member is a state trooper ?? WELL I know SEVERAL...trust me he is as crooked as they come...he just has not been caught yet !! It was a trooper that propositioned my friends wife and tried to get her in his car...yea..there a class act !!
Randy

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Judged:

"His drug addiction"??? That's close to slander. The situation that caused that stir is long past. Speak what you know not what you create in your mind.
What I know based on the public knowledge is that Chief Smith should have loaned money out of pocket and didn't. If the borrowed money had been paid back already this would be shy of a non-issue. It now must be fully considered, the actions as well as the intent. If you are outside of Spring Hill you wouldn't know how well J. Smith took care of PD even if that meant running off a few that were in the wrong career. Smitty is already paying for his mistake and will continue to do do. Don't accuse him of addiction until that is proven. It is not even a consideration now.
Really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

Why is the TBI investigating your x-Chief Of Police, since it doesn't seem to be for taking drugs, according to your posts?
involved

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2010

Judged:

Randy I was involved in that investigation and the findings about the former chief and a/chief would make you sick... to bad our files aren't the property of the public...
Nonsense

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

involved wrote:
Randy I was involved in that investigation and the findings about the former chief and a/chief would make you sick... to bad our files aren't the property of the public...
Yeah, you must be really involved, commenting 3 1/2 months later with that vague bull$hit. Jacka$$

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

involved wrote:
Can you post what kind of things?
just moved into the city

Gibbon Glade, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

Judged:

involved wrote:
too bad tey didn't investigate the rest of the department might be surprised what you would find

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

Does your ex-Police Chief still live in Spring Hill or did he move to Nashville?
Does anybody know if his wife's name is "Cheryl"?
Tommy

Thompsons Station, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Judged:

Really-Really wrote:
Does your ex-Police Chief still live in Spring Hill or did he move to Nashville?
Does anybody know if his wife's name is "Cheryl"?
Sharon....yes they still live in SH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Hill Discussions

Search the Spring Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min WTSenior 138,381
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 2 hr get sum 391
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 10 hr BOB 8,588
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Tue Inthefield 8,866
Buying a home or land in college grove Mon Suzanne 1
Remnant Fellowship is a cult!! (Sep '11) Mon Jill 31
Why no Fireworks ban in Spring Hill? (Jun '12) Jul 5 umm 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Spring Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••