Trick or treating
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Resident

Decatur, GA

#1 Oct 24, 2010
When is trick or treating for Spring Hill and why is it not posted anywhere?
sadga

United States

#2 Oct 24, 2010
Not a government holiday. Most subdivisions are making their own call. Most I've heard are sticking with the 31st.
Tdawg10010132

Mount Juliet, TN

#3 Oct 25, 2010
i wont be giving out candy on the 30th! not sure what idiots would even try that!
Mom123

Spring Hill, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2010
Was at work this morning and read Columbia's daily herald. It said that city leader said it would be on Sunday to avoid any confusion among parents. I wish they would put it the little paper they circulate in Spring Hill. That would be nice.
sadga

United States

#5 Oct 26, 2010
Leader of which city? I was at the BOMA meeting where it was discussed. The consensus on the board was that it was none of their business.

Isn't that a nice refreshing change for government?
Concerned in Spring Hill

Franklin, TN

#6 Oct 26, 2010
I saw on news channel 2 this am. that Columbia will be observing Haloween on 10/30 Saturday.
No word on the Spring Hill

Im so confused !!!
sadga

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 26, 2010
sadga wrote:
Leader of which city? I was at the BOMA meeting where it was discussed. The consensus on the board was that it was none of their business.
Isn't that a nice refreshing change for government?
To clarify, mayor dinwit did try to make it an issue for the board. It was the rest of the board who didn't want anything to do with it.
Springhillian

Brentwood, TN

#8 Oct 26, 2010
Halloween is evil. Boycott Halloween

Since: Jul 09

Spring Hill,TN

#9 Oct 26, 2010
what day is Halloween always on 10/31 dont make something out of nothing
Rly

Spring Hill, TN

#10 Oct 26, 2010
Springhillian wrote:
Evil? Not hardly.

sadga

United States

#11 Oct 27, 2010
sadga wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify, mayor dinwit did try to make it an issue for the board. It was the rest of the board who didn't want anything to do with it.
ummm...no... Were you there? Or just trying to take a cheap shot at the mayor?

He brought it up because a citizen asked him to. He didn't support it (he said "not a government holiday") and neither did any of the other board members.

I ask again. Were you there?
Spring hill

Franklin, TN

#12 Oct 27, 2010
Soooooo are we trick or treating Saturday or Sunday? We live in Whispering woods and we have decided to go on Saturday. I wish that someone would have made the decision and told everyone. I have friends in other subs and there HOA told them what day.
Tommy

Spring Hill, TN

#13 Oct 27, 2010
HALLOWEEN IS ON THE 31ST !! Cherry Grove announced today that trick or treating is Saturday...I for one will not be giving out anything, we had made plans for that night ....KEEP IT WHERE IT BELONGS !! Whats next ? If Christmas doesnt fall on a "good " day are we going to change that to ???
Mom123

Spring Hill, TN

#14 Oct 27, 2010
"Leader of which city? I was at the BOMA meeting where it was discussed. The consensus on the board was that it was none of their business.

Isn't that a nice refreshing change for government?"

The leader of which city? Which city is this Topix board refering to; Spring Hill. I believe Victor Lay is quoted as saying 31st in Monday's issue of Columbia Daily Herald. I don't usually read that paper since it doesn't refer to where I live most of the time but the front page caught my eye because it was discussing this debate.
Mom123

Spring Hill, TN

#15 Oct 27, 2010
shaun

Spring Hill, TN

#16 Oct 29, 2010
Halloween in Spring Hill

Trick or Treat time in Spring Hill will be Sunday, October 31. There is no designated date for Thompson’s Station.

this is according to the advertiser's News
http://www.c-dh.net/articles/2010/10/29/affil...

published today
David

Spring Hill, TN

#17 Oct 30, 2010
Halloween is on October 31st. It happens to fall on a Sunday this year. Leave it alone! If you choose not to let your children go out on Sunday then do so. Don't expect your local government to make that call for you. Also, don't screw up my Saturday night for the same reason.
The next issue will be to make it Friday or Saturday night every year so it doesn't fall on a school night.
Be a parent, have some spine and TELL your children if they are participating Sunday or not.
Sickofidiots

Nashville, TN

#18 Oct 25, 2011
Springhillian wrote:
Idiot, i am sick of the fake "i dont drink " religious fanatics as they sit at garrys bar and grill so nobody can see them from main road.
Timothy Johansen

Nashville, TN

#19 Oct 25, 2011
I WILL NOT give candy out on the 30th. Hope you don't ruin your kids Halloween by bringing them out early.

Please parents, don't be stoopid
Billy

Spring Hill, TN

#20 Oct 25, 2011
Timothy Johansen wrote:
I WILL NOT give candy out on the 30th. Hope you don't ruin your kids Halloween by bringing them out early.
Please parents, don't be stoopid
These posts were from last year, 2010. The 31st was on Sunday last year and that apparently puts people into a tail spin that requires civic leaders to legislate them out of. IDIOTS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Leatherwood (Jul '11) Mon sharon 8
realtors in maury county (Sep '11) May 27 Wonder 7
Electric Cowboy Festival (Mar '10) May 26 Rudy Childs 63
News Durham pursues summons for charge of criminal t... May 22 SpencerHallMom1A 1
Review: Auto Masters (Oct '08) May 21 elizabeth 83
Looking for an old friend May 21 An old friend 1
The Grand Reserve Apartments (Aug '15) May 21 Healthhazard 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Hill Mortgages