Timmy

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 May 29, 2012
why is this place so freaking awful? i've tried them from time to time & each time is worse than before. i keep thinking oh maybe next time it'll be a better. it NEVER is. i cannot wait until they close down.
Pumpkin

United States

#2 May 29, 2012
It has been hit or miss for us. However, I hope they improve as they do employ many local people and Spring Hill needs more good restaurants. If you don't like it, don't go there. To wish for it to close down doesn't help anyone.

Since: Aug 11

Nashville, TN

#3 May 29, 2012
Timmy wrote:
why is this place so freaking awful? i've tried them from time to time & each time is worse than before. i keep thinking oh maybe next time it'll be a better. it NEVER is. i cannot wait until they close down.
Agreed. The O'chucks and Logans down here at the Crossings are freakin horrible. You would not believe how bad the food and service we have received at these places. It is only the Spring Hill locations we have had these problems. Oh well, we just don't go anymore.
BarBoy

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 29, 2012
FlashTN wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The O'chucks and Logans down here at the Crossings are freakin horrible. You would not believe how bad the food and service we have received at these places. It is only the Spring Hill locations we have had these problems. Oh well, we just don't go anymore.
I bartended at O'Charleys for a while. The problem with all of those places is the people they hire. They're a bunch of stoner, mommy's kids. They get fired from one place, they go next door. A lot are not from Spring Hill, they are from Lewisburg and Hohenwald. They can't get a job anywhere else, they work for 3 months, get fired and collect unemployment until it runs out and then they resurface again.

The reason real food service people won't work in Spring Hill is because the tips are about half what you make in Nashville or Cool Springs and most customers are either old and bitchy or a family with 3 kids who make messes that take 20 minutes to clean. You live and die by tips and getting as many tables as you can so it's worth the gas money to drive north to work.

If you go into a food food place and don't see a full bar and hear some noise from some youunger people in tables, it's not going to be good.

You can't put fair to good dining in a place like Spring Hill, it's not ready..save your money and drive to Cool Springs. There are 30 truly good places to eat there.
Mayor McCheese

Spring Hill, TN

#5 Jun 7, 2012
BarBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bartended at O'Charleys for a while. The problem with all of those places is the people they hire. They're a bunch of stoner, mommy's kids. They get fired from one place, they go next door. A lot are not from Spring Hill, they are from Lewisburg and Hohenwald. They can't get a job anywhere else, they work for 3 months, get fired and collect unemployment until it runs out and then they resurface again.
The reason real food service people won't work in Spring Hill is because the tips are about half what you make in Nashville or Cool Springs and most customers are either old and bitchy or a family with 3 kids who make messes that take 20 minutes to clean. You live and die by tips and getting as many tables as you can so it's worth the gas money to drive north to work.
If you go into a food food place and don't see a full bar and hear some noise from some youunger people in tables, it's not going to be good.
You can't put fair to good dining in a place like Spring Hill, it's not ready..save your money and drive to Cool Springs. There are 30 truly good places to eat there.
+1. The above is 100% factual.

For more information, watch the movie "Waiting..." to see what actually goes on behind the scenes at a restaurant. It's a comedy, but more than that, it's documentary and even more importantly, a warning. You may never eat at a restaurant again, especially if your idea of a fun night is tormenting your server.

Since: Jan 09

Spring Hill, TN

#6 Jun 13, 2012
Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>
+1. The above is 100% factual.
For more information, watch the movie "Waiting..." to see what actually goes on behind the scenes at a restaurant. It's a comedy, but more than that, it's documentary and even more importantly, a warning. You may never eat at a restaurant again, especially if your idea of a fun night is tormenting your server.
You are right, that movie is spot on. I never worked in the food industry but I treat servers with the utmost respect, same with fast food places (if and when I go), for these are the folks who hold the spit/dirt/pubes that can easily slide into your food if you piss them off.

Having said that, I have never had a bad food experience in Spring Hill, that I can recollect. In fact it is usually the opposite. Olive Garden has received our business quite a few times, and the last time we ate in the waiter was awesome and we made sure to let the Manager know (the table next to us did the same I think). We order out at Olive Garden some too, and I must say, the gal that puts everything together is amazing. She has put the to go order together and taken the payment when I arrive, at least 6 or 7 times in the past year or 2 and she never misses a beat. She goes through your order to ensure it is right, and will gladly get extra breadsticks or tomatoes upon request.

Maybe it's because we don't eat out all that much but I am quite happy with the service around here. I havent been to O'Charleys in a while but never had a problem there either.
Fizzy

Spring Hill, TN

#7 Jun 16, 2012
I usually hit each of these places at the Crossings once a month (Olive Garden, O'Charleys, Logans, Cracker Barrel) and I've personally never had any issues with the food or service.
littlemama

East Berlin, CT

#8 Jun 17, 2012
OCharleys has had financial difficulties for a while and was recently sold in April or May 2012. I know that a former CEO (Jeffrey Warne) was a bean counter/CPA and probably had no business trying to save a failing brand, as quality has gone down the toilet, IMO. I NEVER waste my money at O'Charleys. Sad, as it once was a very good "fern bar"-type restaurant.
SAY NO TO APPLEBEES

Spring Hill, TN

#9 Jun 22, 2012
horbile food and nasty cooks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remnant Fellowship is a cult!! (Sep '11) 21 hr Eternal Creature 51
reda mills (Apr '13) Sun Nashfire 8
Where is she? Aug 25 Past 1
Bucky, Inhumane Sheriff Aug 22 Do something 1
News Tenneco to locate new facility in Spring Hill, ... Aug 22 Big Bucks 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Lol 308
anybody know a stacy jackson??? (Sep '15) Aug 16 Izzy-_- 4

Spring Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Hill Mortgages