Speeding in Chapmans Retreat

Speeding in Chapmans Retreat

Posted in the Spring Hill Forum

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 10, 2012
Children are EVERYWHERE! Walking to/from school, to/from the pool, to/from friends houses. The sidewalks are inches from the road, yet people are NOT obeying the 20 mph speed limit. The majority of the residents here do obey the speed limits, from what I observe it is people cutting thru to either Duplex Rd or Port Royal Rd.
There is a black mustang that was burning out of Carmack Lane this past weekend. Today I met a red neon flying down Chapmans Retreat Dr.
In the mornings and early evenings people are flying thru here!!!!

I will not be allowing my children to play outside the fence, much less walk around the neighborhood. I'm hoping other parents are reading this and hopefully the speeders, what's life going to be like if you run over a child? Please slow down.
Shawn White

Nashville, TN

#2 Aug 10, 2012
Lady, I know who you are. You tell people to slow down all the time when they are actually going 20. I'll always do 20-25. I don't care what one person is gesturing to me or not. It doesn't make a difference.

You think the morning is bad? Hah. You should see what happens at night. Some of the idiots go 40-45 through the main road. This is the least of your worries. There are an abundance of kids doing drugs at the pools, bridges, and creek areas now, and you're worried about some speeding that's never going to change. Just tell your kids to be careful or keep an eye on them at all times.
Jim

United States

#3 Aug 10, 2012
Totally agree with the speeders. The black Mustang belongs to a teenager that lives on Chapman's Retreat Drive. For those that live around the pools or along the creek, why are you not reporting stuff to the police?
Shawn White

Nashville, TN

#4 Aug 10, 2012
I have. They can't get to them in time. Lost cause. I cannot wait to move away from neighborhoods.
wondering

United States

#5 Aug 10, 2012
I live in a different neighborhood and we have a huge problem with speeders. I called the police and a couple days later I saw a grey suv pulling someone over. He was there for at least an hour cause when I came back home I stopped and thanked him for running radar. He even said he wrote a guy a ticket for doing almost 6027lbs in the neighborhood! They have slowed down for now, but i'm sure the speeders will be at it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Store closing (Jul '12) Wed Seeking Justice 160
Executives wants Higher taxes for the Rich Dec 9 Somewhat Disagree 2
Morgan Shelton Dec 5 Anonymous 2
Murder on the Duck River, 1980's (Mar '09) Dec 3 concerned citizen 14
Anyone know her Dec 2 Donald 1
Pool Liner installation disaster Nov 29 Joseph 1
Makeup Artists Nov 28 New to town 1

Spring Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance