Haunted places in Spring Hill

Posted in the Spring Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack

Spring Hill, TN

#1 Aug 10, 2009
I am new to Spring Hill, and was curious to find out if there are any spooky places or "haunted areas" that anyone knows of?
Harry Odil

Hampton, GA

#2 Aug 10, 2009
Jack wrote:
I am new to Spring Hill, and was curious to find out if there are any spooky places or "haunted areas" that anyone knows of?
I lived in Spring Hill from 1940 to 1955 . There was a small valley on the old Kedron Rd . not far from the Relaford (not sure of the spelling) Creek bridge where a person was hung during the Civil War. I walked through this area many times to fish in the creek and there was complete silence , no birds singing or any other noise . Don't know if is haunted but it was called Hangman's Hollow .

Harry Odil

Since: Jan 09

Spring Hill, TN

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Harry Odil wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Spring Hill from 1940 to 1955 . There was a small valley on the old Kedron Rd . not far from the Relaford (not sure of the spelling) Creek bridge where a person was hung during the Civil War. I walked through this area many times to fish in the creek and there was complete silence , no birds singing or any other noise . Don't know if is haunted but it was called Hangman's Hollow .
Harry Odil
INteresting. I used to live in one of the adjacent subdivisions that back up to Rutherford Creek. I walked through it as well and actually decorated around my mailbox with some of the rocks from the creek. I didnt notice anything 'unusual' or spooky, other than the fact that it was quiet and peaceful. Come to think of it I am kind of purturbed that no ghosts came out to bother me!:)

If anything, that creek is haunted...with ticks. I was there in July and there were plenty of ticks to go around.

But Jack, keep searching. Spring Hill has a pretty rich Civil War history so there have got to be some good haunting stories.
JohnDoe

Hermitage, TN

#5 Aug 11, 2009
no such thing as ghosts. get with reality & stop living in fantasy land.

that is all. there just saved you all that reaserch.
Keith Mohr

Spring Hill, TN

#6 Aug 11, 2009
Rippavilla is a great tour. Check it out!

Spring Hill, TN

#7 Aug 18, 2009
JohnDoe wrote:
I bet the aliens that took over your body years ago made you say that.
JohnDoe

Spring Hill, TN

#8 Aug 18, 2009
come on. just use some common sense.
Harry Odil

Hampton, GA

#9 Aug 19, 2009
JohnDoe wrote:
come on. just use some common sense.
I think the folks that are commenting know that there are no such things as ghosts or haunted places . They and I enjoy the rich history and historical background of this lovely and fair country . I live near Atlanta but I dearly miss the country around Spring Hill . My great uncle was Mayor there many years ago .

Harry Odil
Harry Odil

Hampton, GA

#10 Aug 19, 2009
I Live In Spring Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
INteresting. I used to live in one of the adjacent subdivisions that back up to Rutherford Creek. I walked through it as well and actually decorated around my mailbox with some of the rocks from the creek. I didnt notice anything 'unusual' or spooky, other than the fact that it was quiet and peaceful. Come to think of it I am kind of purturbed that no ghosts came out to bother me!:)
If anything, that creek is haunted...with ticks. I was there in July and there were plenty of ticks to go around.
But Jack, keep searching. Spring Hill has a pretty rich Civil War history so there have got to be some good haunting stories.
There were no subdivisions along the Relaford Creek , Kedron Rd. area when I lived in S.H. in the 40's and 50's . I had a good friend, Donald Kincaid , whose father ran a country store just a little east of the Creek on the old Kedron Rd.My cousins , Jim and Will owned a grocery store in S.H. I really miss those days . "I thought the Creek was called Relaford but you may be right , "I Live in Spring Hill".

Harry Odil
andrew flexter

Kansas City, MO

#11 Aug 16, 2010
JohnDoe wrote:

dont be a dick man
JohnDoe

Nashville, TN

#12 Aug 17, 2010
lol. maybe to revive a year old thread! & not to mention... such a belated response =\
JohnDoe

Nashville, TN

#13 Aug 17, 2010
lol. way to revive a year old thread! & not to mention... such a belated response =\
CNC77

Australia

#14 Nov 25, 2010
truthfully, Kedron Street, Kedron, QLD 4031 is a haunted area. We lived at number 8 and witnessed many horrific events that took place...my family and I are still scared from the events. To all the non-believers out there...I was one of you.... after you go through a real haunting when things get thrown, people get attacked, animals go crazy and get killed and you see spirits in your house (with your entire family present), then you'll probably have a change of mind like us....This message is purely to assist other people who have gone through this traumatic event too...your not alone.
Darrell Jordan

Dunedin, FL

#15 Jan 24, 2011
Spring Hill, FL? They're is a cemetery right off ft.dade, I've heard about a lot of sketchy things that way, I wanna check it out!
Seth Mccarty

Dunedin, FL

#16 Jan 24, 2011
Spring Hill Cemetery is NOT haunted. All tresspassors will be prosecuted!
-S.A.M
TINNEY TIM

United States

#17 Jan 24, 2011
Believe it or not, My friend and I was walking in the SH cemetery 2 weeks ago taking a short cut home A black cat ran from behind us so were started laughing out loud. THEN one of the graves not far from us sunk in 2-3 feet, Really. BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT IT DID HAPPEN.
voice

French Camp, MS

#18 Jan 25, 2011
ya right

Spring Hill, TN

#19 Jan 26, 2011
TINNEY TIM wrote:
Believe it or not, My friend and I was walking in the SH cemetery 2 weeks ago taking a short cut home A black cat ran from behind us so were started laughing out loud. THEN one of the graves not far from us sunk in 2-3 feet, Really. BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT IT DID HAPPEN.
Is this Spring Hill TN or FL?

I would say it is not unpossible. I remember after Hurricane Hugo in SC years ago, after all the rains there were coffins washed out of the grave. It happens.

And I have to ask, did you start dancing like Michael Jackson and singing Thriller?:)
voice

United States

#20 Jan 28, 2011
<quoted text>
I would say it is not unpossible. I remember after Hurricane Hugo in SC years ago, after all the rains there were coffins washed out of the grave. It happens.
And I have to ask, did you start dancing like Michael Jackson and singing Thriller?:)
It was in Tennessee
spring hill resident

Spring Hill, TN

#21 Mar 6, 2011
<quoted text>
Unpossible? Really? Come on... Do you really think anyone would take you seriously since you don't have higher than a fourth grade education? Of course, I did look up haunted places in Spring Hill, just to make fun of one of my friends who actually does believe in nonsense....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Executives wants Higher taxes for the Rich Dec 9 Somewhat Disagree 2
Morgan Shelton Dec 5 Anonymous 2
Murder on the Duck River, 1980's (Mar '09) Dec 3 concerned citizen 14
Anyone know her Dec 2 Donald 1
Pool Liner installation disaster Nov 29 Joseph 1
Makeup Artists Nov 28 New to town 1
frank trefs artist (Apr '17) Nov 21 OnTheRun99 2

Spring Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance