relocating to spring hill

relocating to spring hill

Posted in the Spring Hill Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

East Northport, NY

#1 Oct 13, 2012
possibly relocating to the spring hill area and was wondering if anyone could provide some details on home owners insurance, what the town is like, etc. thanks all
Quick answer

Tampa, FL

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Do Not Relocate to Spring Hill

Go To HADES*

-
* another spelling
NJ was home

Tampa, FL

#3 Oct 14, 2012
You will regret it, homeowners insurance with sinkhole coverage is outrageous, I'm at $3,000 and another increase in Jan. of 50 percent for sinkhole coverage......Hernando Cty has many, many sinkholes, we are the sinkhole capitol of Florida. Spring Hill was built in the late 60's for retirees, it is now a drug haven for everyone, pot grown in homes, you want little blue pills come to Spring Hill, within 5 mins you can get them. We have a tiny beach, that the county lets dogs run every two Sat. in the month, great you sit on the beach and your sitting is piss from a dog. Not much to do here, you have to head South for culture, museums, entertainment, we are a 50 min ride to Tampa, homes are real cheap here, many forclosures, some with sinkholes, some not, also the mix of people has changed, many Hispanic/African American have now made Spring Hill their home, no jobs our unemployment is 10.1 percent, if I had to do it over, I'd never have moved to Spring Hill, there are better places to live then here, buyer beware.
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#4 Oct 15, 2012
Spring Hill is a nice place to live. Home owners ins is high.
Just drop the "optional" sink hole coverage and you will knock it down a couple of grand.

It is a nice place to live. You need to check out the resources available:

http://www.hernandosheriff.org/

http://www.hernandosheriff.org/

http://www.co.hernando.fl.us/

As far as a town, it is more like a giant subdivision. There is no "Spring Hill" city hall or anything like that. It is an unincorporated area.

Pay little to no attention to our resident nut case who has been
screaming that the sky is falling for years. Hernando County is getting better. The airport is going to be used more. Several hundred more jobs coming to the county. Lots of work in the medical field. Lots. Housing prices are low. Very low. That is good for a buyer. Lots to choose from. All the investors went broke so its a buyers market now. Really.

The big drug problem here is pot. they bust a lot of folks for
" paraphernalia" which constitutes little more than possession of rolling papers. Not to mention that 17 states with medical marijuana laws. 8 more may legalize it this year. there are over 8 million daily users of pot in this country. Things arent much different here.

Check the link to the sheriffs office and check the arrest statistics.

The beach is OK. Pine Island. Google it. It is only open to dogs in the off season. They dont have people sitting on the beach enjoying the day while the dog park thing is going on.

Overall, Spring Hill is a nice place to live with a lot of nature all around you. This is not city life. it is rural sub-suburban life.

Do your research and watch out for unhappy nutcases on the web.
mikey08701 wrote:
possibly relocating to the spring hill area and was wondering if anyone could provide some details on home owners insurance, what the town is like, etc. thanks all
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#5 Oct 15, 2012
also not the first response you got is from our resident racist to boot.
Terri

Largo, FL

#7 Oct 15, 2012
Absolutely NOTHING NJ said was untrue.
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#8 Oct 15, 2012
The only blue pill that poster is familiar with is Viagra.

As to culture, culture different things to different folks. However, Stage West and other venues are in and near Spring Hill.

Tell me, where is it I would find any kind of street drugs in 5 mins? Who do I have to know?

Museums and entertainment? What on earth do I want to see a museum for? I would rather be rafting down a river, watching live animals in the forest,
biking, out in nature. not sitting in a chair being "entertained".

What is wrong with diversity? This area has been 90+% white since time began. Time for a little of that culture you speak about to sink in.

You need a job?
Quick answer

Tampa, FL

#9 Oct 15, 2012
IS THIS TRUE?
The Truth of the Matter wrote:
The only blue pill that poster is familiar with is Viagra.
...
I've seen others!

some Good some Bad and like everything there are some TRUES

but then again? PERHAPS
wow

East Northport, NY

#10 Oct 16, 2012
not one good positive thing about moving here? i like quiet, no bs, low key life
Terri

Largo, FL

#11 Oct 16, 2012
The Truth of the Matter wrote:
Tell me, where is it I would find any kind of street drugs in 5 mins? Who do I have to know?
My neighbors.
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#12 Oct 16, 2012
try a report to the sheriffs department and it will be a memory.
Terri wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighbors.
Terri

Largo, FL

#13 Oct 17, 2012
The Truth of the Matter wrote:
try a report to the sheriffs department and it will be a memory.
<quoted text>
Why is your answer to everything 'the sheriff's dept'? For a nice place to live, I'm told to inquire there a lot.

And to end this....johnny law is a regular visitor on our street. Just this past weekend neighbor #1 called law on neighbor #2 for stealing their drugs! No kidding! Hilariously sad.
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#14 Oct 17, 2012
When you have roaches, you call an exterminator. The Hernando Sheriffs Office does a bang up job on eliminating quality of life and criminal problems. Thing is, somebody has to tell them about it.
Sitting back and watching crime happen won't eliminate it.
The situation you describe will eliminate both drug problems quickly, now that they know about it.
Again, dont sit back and watch, DO SOMETHING. That is how a community works.\

For a nice place to live, I'm told to inquire there a lot.
And to end this....johnny law is a regular visitor on our street. Just this past weekend neighbor #1 called law on neighbor #2 for stealing their drugs! No kidding! Hilariously sad.
more than pot

Land O Lakes, FL

#15 Oct 17, 2012
Pills are the problem here. Read the news stories and pay attention. It is scary how many are taking prescription meds who don't have a prescription.
nifty poo

Tampa, FL

#16 Oct 17, 2012
The Truth of the Matter wrote:
When ....
when is it reallly The Truth Of the Matter?
==========C O N C E I T==========
more than pot

Land O Lakes, FL

#17 Oct 17, 2012
Terri wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your answer to everything 'the sheriff's dept'? For a nice place to live, I'm told to inquire there a lot.
And to end this....johnny law is a regular visitor on our street. Just this past weekend neighbor #1 called law on neighbor #2 for stealing their drugs! No kidding! Hilariously sad.
When someone has to keep bringing up the sheriff's dept and reporting crime there is a problem in the area. SH went from a nice retirement area to attracting low class people. Once they're in an area, it is done for.

We saw it happen up north, and now we are sadly seeing a repeat here. This is no longer a desireable area to move to.
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#18 Oct 17, 2012
Desireable is a personal opinion.

You have a bug up your butt about "low class" people and miniorites in general.

The world changes. Nothing stays the same.
more than pot wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone has to keep bringing up the sheriff's dept and reporting crime there is a problem in the area. SH went from a nice retirement area to attracting low class people. Once they're in an area, it is done for.
We saw it happen up north, and now we are sadly seeing a repeat here. This is no longer a desireable area to move to.
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#19 Oct 17, 2012
Welcome to reality. This has been going on around the world for decades.

more than pot wrote:
Pills are the problem here. Read the news stories and pay attention. It is scary how many are taking prescription meds who don't have a prescription.
Nycguy

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Oct 19, 2012
Spent a few days in sping hill with friends who relocated from nyc a few month ago. Seems like a nice quiet area not sure why all the negativity? We are debating moving here housing is cheap, low taxes and a slow pace life do not seem bad
The Truth of the Matter

Tampa, FL

#21 Oct 20, 2012
Some people think it is still 1958.
Nycguy wrote:
Spent a few days in sping hill with friends who relocated from nyc a few month ago. Seems like a nice quiet area not sure why all the negativity? We are debating moving here housing is cheap, low taxes and a slow pace life do not seem bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
empty Wed ssk 5
Plz B OK Sep 14 ssk 5
Weeki wachee river Sep 13 Concerned 1
lost in puppytown Sep 13 fat 1
Florida Panther Sighting in Spring Hill (Jun '10) Sep 12 E Gee 32
lost on the gulf.....dead Sep 8 wet and 1
are you here ? Sep 7 ssk 14

Spring Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Hill Mortgages