woman hit by car in winn dixie lot ne...

woman hit by car in winn dixie lot needs help

Posted in the Spring Hill Forum

COLLEEN CASTRONOVA

Edison, NJ

#1 Dec 15, 2008
MY AUNT WAS RUN DOWN IN THE WINN DIXIE PARKING LOT ON THURSDAY THE 18TH OF DEC.
ANYONE WITH ANY NEWS ON THIS ACCIDENT PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]
tell it like it is

Dunedin, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2008
You might want to post more information like the time, didn't hear about this, I guess you mean the 11 th of Dec, last Thursday.

That is awful, how can a car hit someone in a parking lot and keep going.
Karen

Plant City, FL

#3 Dec 15, 2008
I did not hear anything about this....and I usually know everything. I'll have to ask around and see what I can find out.

I hope your aunt is alright and not hurt seriously.
Friend

Clearwater, FL

#4 Dec 26, 2008
Accident happened December 10, 2008 in the Winn Dixie parking lot. Witnesses desperately needed. Injuries were horrific and the lady died.
the darkness

Plant City, FL

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Friend wrote:
Accident happened December 10, 2008 in the Winn Dixie parking lot. Witnesses desperately needed. Injuries were horrific and the lady died.
NOTHING IN LOCAL 'TIMES' OR 'TODAY'
WHY NO FACTS?
Friend

Clearwater, FL

#7 Jan 8, 2009
That's the problem here. No news coverage. Supposedly no witnesses. Victim was walking in the parking lot and was struck by vehicle. Since no witnesses and victim unable to speak - person driving car said victim simply walked into the path of the vehicle. If person driving vehicle was doing a "reasonable" speed in a grocery store parking lot, how did victim sustain such horrific injuries. This was no "bump". Please - if you saw anything on December 10th around 3:30 pm please contact the authorities.
Karen

Plant City, FL

#8 Jan 8, 2009
Were the sheriffs dept. called? They would have a police report......with information. If there were injuries, ambulance/sheriffs would have been called. Something doesn't sound right, if person were lying on the ground, someone must have seen it.......which Winn Dixie there are two, one on Spring Hill Drive and the other off of Trenton Ave behind Red Lobster?
trace

Palm Bay, FL

#9 Jan 9, 2009
Karen wrote:
Were the sheriffs dept. called? They would have a police report......with information. If there were injuries, ambulance/sheriffs would have been called. Something doesn't sound right, if person were lying on the ground, someone must have seen it.......which Winn Dixie there are two, one on Spring Hill Drive and the other off of Trenton Ave behind Red Lobster?
i agree which winn-dixie? id like to know, parking lots are "supposed" to be slow moving sorry to here this happened.
Friend

Clearwater, FL

#10 Jan 12, 2009
Yes - there is a police report. Sorry this doesn't sound right to you - but the facts are: lady critically injured in Winn Dixie parking lot (Trenton Ave) on Dec. 10 around 3:30. No witnesses according to policy report. Victim unable to speak. Report only gives drivers version of accident and it truly doesn't match injuries she sustained. Her injuries were so horrific I just can't understand how they could have happened if driver of car was using due care and proceeding thru a grocery store parking lot at a "reasonable" rate of speed.
A Thought

Tampa, FL

#11 Jan 12, 2009
Perhaps? Just Perhaps?

report filed? complete/incomplete?

then, perhaps, 2nd vehicle hit victim already down?

without verifying witnesses nothing but a f--ked-up sunny day in Fl
Sad

Tampa, FL

#12 Jan 12, 2009
Sorry that your friend was so badly injured, there had to be someone, either a cart person, someone in one of the stores next to Winn Dixie that saw something. Did she trip and fall and then the car hit her? Maybe you could go to the Hernando Today or St. Pete Times an see if they would run a story and just maybe someone would come forward. Like I said before, there was NOTHING in the local newspaper. She or her estate could sue Winn Dixie for neglect?????
Sorry I can't be of more help. I'd contact the local papers and have them run a story.
liz

Bradenton, FL

#13 May 8, 2012
u mess u dont have a car

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ny click 8 hr nyc 1
flow slow show Oct 14 dts 1
dumped forever in spring hill Oct 14 yep 11
ouch Oct 6 ouch 1
staet stop bark mark Oct 4 nyc not sh 1
gone ........sunday Oct 3 nyc not sh 1
deceased today Oct 1 nyc not sh 1

Spring Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance