Officers who shot, killed Spring Grov...

Officers who shot, killed Spring Grove man return to work

There are 108 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 17, 2011, titled Officers who shot, killed Spring Grove man return to work. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Two Southwestern Regional Police officers who fatally wounded a Spring Grove man in February after he pointed a gun at them returned to work earlier this month, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
john doe 000069

York, PA

#1 Mar 17, 2011
Of course let the pigs go. They can kill anyone they want to.
Pathetic

York, PA

#2 Mar 17, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
Damn Johnny Dough Boy 007, PLEASE give them/anyone, a reason to kill you! You should be put out of your misery ASAP, before you hurt someone!
wtf

York, PA

#3 Mar 17, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
I hear you're next flesh waste.

Since: Feb 11

Lancaster, PA

#4 Mar 17, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
How many times do you have to be told what a worthless POS you are before it sinks in?
what

York, PA

#5 Mar 18, 2011
Since when does any elected DA decide if a crime occurred based on the factor that he has obligations to the tax payers? He doesn't get to decide whether any officer is on paid or unpaid administrative leave. If a crime occurred, it occurred...period. I never met this guy, but he seems like a disaster and terrible politician.
Oscar The Grouch

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2011
what wrote:
Since when does any elected DA decide if a crime occurred based on the factor that he has obligations to the tax payers? He doesn't get to decide whether any officer is on paid or unpaid administrative leave. If a crime occurred, it occurred...period. I never met this guy, but he seems like a disaster and terrible politician.
That's not what it says. it said he based his decision that no crime occurred preliminarily on the State's information so far. And that he recommended the department return them to full duty based on that information. If you aren't educated in how police shootings are handled and why you aren't going to understand.
Oscar The Grouch

United States

#7 Mar 18, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
You are a coward.
HAHA

United States

#9 Mar 18, 2011
Armadillo wrote:
Ready, willing and able to execute the next mentally ill person he trips across
Lets see you doing your job and someone points a gun at you. Mentally ill just makes them that much more unstable, and I bet you'd defend yourself. Its easy to judge when you haven't walked in those shoes!
George

Washington, DC

#10 Mar 18, 2011
what wrote:
Your name is fitting! WHAT??????????
George

Washington, DC

#11 Mar 18, 2011
Armadillo wrote:
Mentally ill or sane, someone pulls a gun on someone else all bets are off! "Oh I'm sorry, you're mentally ill! Go ahead and shoot me"??????
Armadillo

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Mar 18, 2011
Armadillo wrote:
Fact is jack ass they entered a house without a warrent or the property owners permission. They could have stayed out side and talked the guy out, tear gassed him, what ever, and he would be alive. If he came out with a gun, different story. But they went in looking for trouble, and found it. pull your head outa your a$$ and try using that so called brain. you dushebag.
Armadillo

Harrisburg, PA

#13 Mar 18, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>Mentally ill or sane, someone pulls a gun on someone else all bets are off! "Oh I'm sorry, you're mentally ill! Go ahead and shoot me"??????
See above. same comments to you too, dushbag.
George

Washington, DC

#14 Mar 18, 2011
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is jack ass they entered a house without a warrent or the property owners permission. They could have stayed out side and talked the guy out, tear gassed him, what ever, and he would be alive. If he came out with a gun, different story. But they went in looking for trouble, and found it. pull your head outa your a$$ and try using that so called brain. you dushebag.
What did they need a warrant for IDIOT????? The police were called by family and friends out of their concern foer his, and others safety! What would yous ay if they tried gassing him out and the gas cartidges cause the house to catch on fire??? HUH HUH HUH????? he pulled a gun from under the covers after the police entered the room after he WOULD NOT respond!!!!!!! Its sad that he died but what would you do MORON????? Draw back in the Armadillo shell you have?????
Common Sense

Baltimore, MD

#15 Mar 18, 2011
This is why we have a York County Quick Response Team. Other cities wouldn't hesitate to call them in during a similar situation. Officers were justified but should be refreshed on situations they shouldnt get themselves into without proper backup.
Barn E Fife

York, PA

#16 Mar 18, 2011
"Seems justified" or "was justified" there is no in between. It either was or was not. Choose your words better. Someone died because of this.
Oscar The Grouch

United States

#17 Mar 18, 2011
I don't know what a warrent or a dushbag is.
Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Annapolis, MD

#18 Mar 18, 2011
Common Sense wrote:
This is why we have a York County Quick Response Team. Other cities wouldn't hesitate to call them in during a similar situation. Officers were justified but should be refreshed on situations they shouldnt get themselves into without proper backup.
QRT = same outcome, many hours later.

Or suicide completed WITHOUT cop and discovered many hours later.
George

Washington, DC

#19 Mar 18, 2011
Barn E Fife wrote:
"Seems justified" or "was justified" there is no in between. It either was or was not. Choose your words better. Someone died because of this.
IT WAS JUSTIFIED!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#20 Mar 18, 2011
I am unsure why nobody is discussing the fact that these officers did not secure a warrant prior to entering Mr. Alfone's home. If I remember correctly, his family did not own the property, but lived elsewhere. Following this logic, they were not authorized to allow anyone to trespass of Mr. Alfone's property, including the police.

The Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution prevents searches and seizures without probable cause and the issuance of a warrant from a judge. Additionally the Pennsylvania Constitution prohibits government agents from initiating searches or seizures without a warrant from a neutral judge.

Article 1, Section 8 of the Pennsylvania Constitution: The people shall be secure in their persons, houses, papers and possessions from unreasonable searches and seizures, and no warrant to search any place or to seize any person or things shall issue without describing them as nearly as may be, nor without probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation subscribed by the affiant.

Probable cause alone is not justification for entering a home, uninvited, even to protect the owner from himself. Had a judge been given the facts of the case, he may have determined that the police could not enter the home, thus possibly preventing Mr. Alfone's untimely death.

Following this logic, if someone dislikes me, all they need to do is falsely accuse me of being suicidal, and I may have police breaking into my home. If this were to happen in the middle of the night, I fear that by waking up to defend my home (unknowingly from police), I will be killed in the process.
Public Outrage

York, PA

#21 Mar 18, 2011
Common Sense wrote:
I have news for you, pal. This type of thing is what patrolman do day in and day out. They receive calls to check on the welfare of family memeber's loved-ones. I think that you are taking the title "Quick Response" literally. There is nothing "quick" about them. They are not on some 24/7 constant standby with gas masks and MP5s at the ready. It takes planning. It takes command centers, pre-ops plans, hostage-negotiators, floor layouts etc etc. Point being...it takes hours and hours of planning. Hours and hours that a possible victim doesnt have when they're dying on the floor from some failed suicide attempt.

Until you walk even just a half a mile in their shoes, don't critique the patrol officer. They have much more training than the stupid public thinks. These officers did as they were trained. They entered w/ backup, they checked on the homeowner and they defended themselves when confronted. These guys went home at the end of the day! Sad part is they have to listen to blow-hards like you afterward who challenge them and their decision like it was their premeditated intent to commit murder. Like they blew off the smoke from their hot gun barrels and said let's go kill more. Like they are a bunch of untrained gorillas who drive around hurting and violating average Joe with no common sense or feelings.

Please tell us what you do for a living. I'd love to take an uneducated guess and criticize you for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location (Jul '17) Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop (Dec '16) Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Dodging Delaware's tolls? Don't forget the road... (Nov '07) Dec '16 lollipop 14
News Lancaster County megachurch expands into York C... (Jul '10) Nov '16 Jeff 28
Is Testerone XL good for building muscle? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Nerie 1
News Seven Valleys teen admits to arson (Sep '08) Apr '16 adam wilt 1 40

Spring Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Grove Mortgages