Glassblower opens shop in Spring Grove

Glassblower opens shop in Spring Grove

There are 21 comments on the Evening Sun story from Dec 5, 2008, titled Glassblower opens shop in Spring Grove. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Josh Smith, originally from New Oxford, forms a piece of glass into a Christmas tree ornament Thursday at his business Artistic Glass Creations, which he opened recently on Main Street in Spring Grove.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“yes, I am a girl”

Since: Sep 08

Hanover

#2 Dec 5, 2008
I wonder if he can make custom bongs?
Lulu

United States

#5 Dec 5, 2008
Yeah, he really looks like someone alot of people would just LOVE to buy things from.
Handy1

Lancaster, PA

#6 Dec 5, 2008
Uh...nice website he has. Very professional. I might have been interested before I was turned off.
Matt

Dayton, OH

#7 Dec 5, 2008
holysheet wrote:
I wonder if he can make custom bongs?
I graduated with him and am 100% sure he can. Good luck chasing the American dream Josh.
beetle98

York Springs, PA

#8 Dec 6, 2008
The first 3 comments were very unnecessary. If you aren't interested in buying from the guy, why make negative remarks? Ok, he has long hair-so what.
I wish him a lot of luck with his business and will be stopping in sometime.(P.S. I'm a 56 year old grandmother not a young hippy freak)
holysheet

Edgemont, PA

#9 Dec 6, 2008
oh my comment wasn't negative. ;)
sk8er

Tuscaloosa, AL

#10 Dec 6, 2008
so what if the guy makes tobacco pipes?if he did and plans on selling them in his shop this would be a totally different discussion b/c everyone on here knows that people would be bitching up a storm.i hope he does end up selling nice custom glass smoking pipes...id be a customer.
Handy1

Lancaster, PA

#11 Dec 6, 2008
I was just starting the obvious. If you're gonna try to start a business and publicize your website, at least make it professional and focus on your product. The hair didn't strike me negatively at all.
HATESHANOVER

State College, PA

#12 Dec 6, 2008
I THINK THIS IS A REAL GOOD IDEA
THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN REALLY GO &
WATCH THEM BLOW THE GLASS IS THE
STASH BOX IN MD & I HATE GOING ALL
THE WAY THERE. & WHO CARES ABOUT
WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE OR THE LONG HAIR!
THATS HIS STYLE OWELL..ANYBODY WHO
DOES THIS IS VERYYY TALENTED & I
GOT MAD RESPECT FOR HIM!
djf

Middletown, PA

#13 Dec 7, 2008
i loved his store ,handmade goods,with a real personal touch,of art and real life, good luck too him,
Josh

Lancaster, PA

#14 Dec 7, 2008
I just read some of the comments some were nice others were rude. We as glass artists no matter what we make are put down by many but that only pushes us stronger to do better. Sorry if you don't like the myspace page but i like many others don't have the money in this rough economy to go spend hundred of dollars to have a real website made. So as ben harper once said if you don't like my fire then don't come around. Peace and love to all that do though.
G-ville

Annapolis, MD

#15 Dec 7, 2008
The story says he took over where a pizza shop was. Oh man, we have glass blowers all over the place. What we need is a pizza shop.

Welcome Josh. I hope you do real well. I'll be stopping in soon.
Wilkes

Orrstown, PA

#16 Dec 7, 2008
I heard on Friday that this guy was very talented and I can't wait to get over and see his work. Wish you well.

Looking forward to seeing a great artist at work.

“well now you know”

Since: Oct 08

hanover, pa

#17 Dec 8, 2008
wow this is great someone using thier talents and starting a business it doesn't happen much around here anymore...Good Luck I wish you the Best!

Since: Dec 07

Hanover, PA

#18 Dec 9, 2008
beetle98 wrote:
The first 3 comments were very unnecessary. If you aren't interested in buying from the guy, why make negative remarks? Ok, he has long hair-so what.
I wish him a lot of luck with his business and will be stopping in sometime.(P.S. I'm a 56 year old grandmother not a young hippy freak)
Sorry, I was responding to a comment by "Dickhead" which has now been removed.

I don't care what the guy looks like. If he has talent and is making something I want, I'll buy.
Amused

Lancaster, PA

#19 Dec 9, 2008
Josh is doing what all you people WISH you could.

Good luck with everything Josh, you have real talent!
Wilkes

Orrstown, PA

#20 Dec 9, 2008
Josh what are the hours of your place?
Josh

Lancaster, PA

#21 Dec 10, 2008
Wilkes the hours are friday 11-7 and saturday 10-8
NO SCARY SARAH

Washington, DC

#22 Dec 10, 2008
I am 100% impressed by the art of glass blowing and by the photos I saw on Josh's MySpace page. If I can find the place I'll be doing some shopping.

By the way - love the hair.
Another Voice

Harrisburg, PA

#23 Dec 10, 2008
sk8er wrote:
so what if the guy makes tobacco pipes?if he did and plans on selling them in his shop this would be a totally different discussion b/c everyone on here knows that people would be bitching up a storm.i hope he does end up selling nice custom glass smoking pipes...id be a customer.
I'm sure YOU would!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Jan '17 Malachi Sawyer 2
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Dodging Delaware's tolls? Don't forget the road... (Nov '07) Dec '16 lollipop 14
News Lancaster County megachurch expands into York C... (Jul '10) Nov '16 Jeff 28
Is Testerone XL good for building muscle? Oct '16 Nerie 1
News Seven Valleys teen admits to arson (Sep '08) Apr '16 adam wilt 1 40
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28

Spring Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Grove Mortgages