2 ex-cops get 3 months for '05 beating outside Fox Lake-area ta...

There are 10 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 7, 2008, titled 2 ex-cops get 3 months for '05 beating outside Fox Lake-area ta.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two former police officers were sentenced Thursday to 90 days in jail and 24 months of probation in the vicious beating of a Wisconsin man after he had been subdued and handcuffed outside a tavern near Fox ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

cop in training

Louisville, KY

#1 Feb 7, 2008
if these men were not former police officers they would have been sentenced more harshly that they were. I am a Law Enforcement student and I am ashamed that they were out there "serving and protecting" the public.
JUSTICE

Muncie, IN

#2 Feb 7, 2008
CERTAINLY NOT A LONG ENOUGH SENTENCE FOR THESE JERKS.MAYBE SOME JAILHOUSE JUSTICE IS IN STORE.
SOME STRONG MESSAGE NEEDS TO BE SENT TO ALL THAT HIDE BEHIND BADGES
Mike

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 7, 2008
cop in training wrote:
if these men were not former police officers they would have been sentenced more harshly that they were. I am a Law Enforcement student and I am ashamed that they were out there "serving and protecting" the public.
I guess being a law enforcement student makes you an expert.
David

Western Springs, IL

#5 Feb 8, 2008
It is unfortunate that most people only know what happened based on the medias reporting. The media didnt print that the 911 tapes were altered and that the Illinois state police just so happened to lose the surveillance video from a gas station across the street. Dont look at these officers as rogue officers, look at nichole owens and her gang. I had the unfortunate liberty to sit through the court hearings and listen to the lies told by the SA's office and the blubbering of the state police investigators. It will be interesting to see the appellate court overturn nichole owens lies. Stay tuned... its not over yet. Its also interesting that the media never reported on her prosecutorial misconducts from her previous jobs or that William Kroncke lacks the ability to recall any details.
Dallas

United States

#6 Feb 8, 2008
David... You obviously sat in on the wrong trial!!The D.A.s office and the State Police didn't even get involved in this case till 1-2 months later, the tape in question was taken 3 days after the incident!! And guess who's family is part owner of the gas station??(Thelens!!) Jessica Thelen was one of the four charged. Also, this trial was about a beating AFTER being handcuffed, not about words on a tape! Jessica Thelen told Cheif Regnier what happened within 3 days of the beating,(and Regniers wife just happened to work at Thelens) and magically the tape disappeared!!! This case was made by witnesses who saw the whole incident, witness after witness proved how guilty these four degenerates are. The fact that they lied and lied to the end doesn't make them appear innocent, it just makes them look dumber than ever!
Viet Vet

Northbrook, IL

#8 Feb 8, 2008
Mr Hallett messed with the two wrong dudes!
LEM

Palatine, IL

#9 Feb 13, 2008
It's very sad that these two former police officers did not get a stiffer sentence. If they were protecting the Thelen girl, and they were off duty, WHY DIDN'T THEY CALL THE LOCAL SHERIFF'S POLICE??? The fact that the video tape was missing from the gas station (and no one knows who took it...) only shows there was a lot more to this story than what is printed here. I can't believe this judge overlooked these points. These men are a disgrace to all good, honest police officers everywhere. Mr. Hallett deserved better restitution.
BADGE 144

Lake Zurich, IL

#10 Feb 16, 2008
Everyone has the own opinion and only those four will ever know what happened. I dont think three guys beat a guy for no reason. Mr. Hallett is no angel. Mr. Hallett is a drunk that uses narcotics, blood tests dont lie DALLAS. And for the altered 911 tapes.... good job......
BADGE 144

Lake Zurich, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2008
also for Cop in Training...... look out were all in trouble.... i think the state police are hiring.....
Country Boy

Houghton Lake, MI

#12 Feb 24, 2008
The fact that these guys have been sentenced to probation is a tragic event.When police officers set over the line,The court should make a example of them,the tougher the sentence the stronger the message.I feel better knowing that these X cops will not be out in the community protecting my rights as a US citizen.I bet that badge 144 is a X Twin Lakes cop or maybe one of the defendents.Stay tuned for the Thelen Trial this should be good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phooey on Vegas Cafe 6 hr Beanchink 10
Sorry about Loon Lake drowning 13 hr Antiocher 2
Rebel flags flying from pick-up trucks (Aug '10) May 22 Resident 128
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) May 21 Nayely flores 112
McHenry County towns try to tackle climbing pen... May 17 Grover52 1
News Photos: Round Lake Roller Rink (Jan '10) May 9 Shack 39
News TLC Coffeehouse Serves Antioch Community May 8 Go Small Biz 20
More from around the web

Spring Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE