Affordability scarce in McHenry, stud...

Affordability scarce in McHenry, study finds

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 21, 2008, titled Affordability scarce in McHenry, study finds. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An 11-month study released this month found a serious shortage of affordable housing in far northwest suburban McHenry County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Anon

Highland, IN

#1 Sep 21, 2008
I'm sure many readers would like more demographic information about these renters who "are paid an average hourly wage of $10.80" We'd also like to know more about the economic history of this county, such that there is this sub-class of residents. How about it, Tribune?
Terry

Round Lake, IL

#2 Sep 22, 2008
Yup, take the illegals out of the equation and see how things stack up. Less crime, less traffic, more tax dollars for citizens, and a higher quality of life for the people that are here legally.
Sarah

Addison, IL

#3 Sep 22, 2008
Those sub-class residents are the people who:
Wash YOUR clothes at the dry cleaners.
Clean YOUR house.
Watch YOUR children.
Cook YOUR food at the restaurant.
Mow YOUR lawn.
Aid in YOUR children's classrooms.
Check out YOUR groceries at the store.
And you're saying they're sub-class? Who do you think you are? These people are essential to our community!
Sonny

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 22, 2008
Sarah wrote:
Those sub-class residents are the people who:
Wash YOUR clothes at the dry cleaners.
Clean YOUR house.
Watch YOUR children.
Cook YOUR food at the restaurant.
Mow YOUR lawn.
Aid in YOUR children's classrooms.
Check out YOUR groceries at the store.
And you're saying they're sub-class? Who do you think you are? These people are essential to our community!
Those people are criminals who need to be jailed then deported as soon as possible. Criminals are essential to our community? Not likely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Stoplight at Grim Road (Jun '17) 16 hr YoungnSmart 12
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Mon Ray 181
News Disgraced Illinois a Heroa Cop Spent Over $2,00... (Nov '15) Mon Bad blue 9
News Fox Lake hopes poetry slam ignites cultural mov... (Apr '17) Mon Budweiser 2
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... (Aug '17) Mon Time to revolt 12
News Widow renews request to collect Lt. Gliniewicz'... Mon Drink drink 5
News Lakemoor police to crack down on drunk driving ... Mon Bribe me 2

Spring Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Grove Mortgages