First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Greensburg, PA

#21 Feb 25, 2011
Former Avonmoron wrote:
Avonmore was a great place to grow up. Lots of activity. Some great nick names - Nookie, Ringneck, Crash, Shadow, Skitchain, Pivich, Mutt, Hump, Shamu, BooBoo, Clucky, Tintson, etc. It was definitely lots of fun. It would have been a real TV hit today.
...Bim-bar-toad, Ficken Wicken, Cam-shaft, Weazer, Bino(ouch!),Hoon Dog, Dritz, Toad, Chez, Emmet, Chocolet Chip Cookie... whew !!! hahahaha.... funny stuff!

Vandergrift, PA

#22 Jan 6, 2012
Former Avonmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I graduated in 1970. Used to sit on the Polish Club steps steady. Kind of an altar in Avonmore. I remember growing up there, lots of small businesses. Loberts, Chucks Soda Grill, Morgans Market, Taylors Market, Vinces Barber Shop, Tonys Barber Shop (had the radio on but the volume off), more barrooms, etc. Avonmore was definitely made for reality TV. Great fun people!
I would rattle the pipes on the Harley or screech the L-60's on the van for all of you guys sitting on the steps of the Polish club. I would come around the block again thru all of the tire smoke for a crowd of cheers! Then had to high tail it out of town before the cops started on me. Good times back then.

Gibsonia, PA

#23 Jan 9, 2012
i was from edmon but spent most time in Avonmore as my grandmother was the town seamstress. D. painter, rookie, jo mike, tames, johnall, mutt, skitz, & many more were townies we all knew. toehead & stacey W from saltsburg. Killi, George E., & Pete W. from salina. great time (1970's)& great place to grow up in. i was the only guy in the 3 smith brothers that played football & basketball with many of aforementioned. festival still happens the third weekend or so in september. thanks to a lifelong resident, cheryl smith, that led a 5 person parade along the old parade route back in the 1990's. soon afterward, a movement to revive the festival began. KUDOS to all that post about this wonderful western Pa. town. come back for the festival and say "HI" and support the little town that did.
Beer keg dude

Greensburg, PA

#24 Nov 20, 2012
Ok so we had keg parties at: 1. The Tree 2. The tunnel 3. the spring 4. the pines 5 kalamazoo 6. shareks farm 7. house of the rising sun 8 pump station 9 freds garage 10 tin town ball field anyone else have any spots????????
redhouseonthehil l

Raleigh, NC

#25 Jan 20, 2013
Melissa wrote:
I moved out of Avonmore in 79. My older brothers would probably remember Rudolphs. I remember the Fall Festivals though. I have alot of great memories of Avonmore. What a cool town back then. Especially tubing in the Winter:)
Hey Melissa, found this post years later...was just telling my daughter about Fuzzy and how we ended up with Jaybird's dog. I hear a good Polish boy bought my mom's house. Avonmore stays with me always.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
welfare/SSI Wed not fair 1
Bartenders Wed Anybody 1
Vandergrift Music Thread (Apr '15) Sep 29 Musikologist 2
serious Sep 16 serious 3
News Vandergrift man charged with snapping shower ph... (Sep '09) Sep '15 Frank morton 11
someday Aug '15 fed up 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spring Church Mortgages