just inquiring

Union City, GA

#1 Apr 18, 2013
Anyone feel like kids closet is ripping u off? I've taken a lot of stuff there and when I go to get my money its like $4-12 dollars. My clothes r in good condition and clean. Just seems like she's lying. And I don't like how she doesn't return what she doesn't want. Whos to say she doesn't see something she likes n just takes it for herself???
really

United States

#2 Apr 19, 2013
just inquiring wrote:
Anyone feel like kids closet is ripping u off? I've taken a lot of stuff there and when I go to get my money its like $4-12 dollars. My clothes r in good condition and clean. Just seems like she's lying. And I don't like how she doesn't return what she doesn't want. Whos to say she doesn't see something she likes n just takes it for herself???
I've taken my clothes there for years and have no problems. Always make more than expected!!! Maybe your seeing your clothes as better than they really are..... Or maybe the size of your clothes are a weird size? Just saying.
Megan

New Albany, IN

#3 Apr 19, 2013
My mother in law owned the store before christy did... It makes me mad as hell that someone is calling her a liar and a cheater. She is a good christian woman that would give u the clothes off her back if you needed them. As for donating things she doesnt want? For one if the clothes are in good condition they don't get donated. Maybe they ARENT in good as shape as you believe them to be.. Secondly, if you are not kind enough to give them away to someone less fortunate, you can tell her you want your items back she can't sell and she will keep them up for you upon your return.
There could be 2 reasons you're not getting what you want from them.. Either one they have not sold yet, or 2 they sat on they shelf so long that she has marked them down.
Christy runs a business and she has to make money too. If you have problems with her, I suggest you voice your concerns to her and she will be MORE than willing to discuss things to you.
flying leap

New Albany, IN

#5 Apr 19, 2013
If you don't like the way that christy is handling you things then don't take them to her and sell them yourself!!! Do not try to bash her on here!
disappointed

Tucker, GA

#6 Apr 19, 2013
I have to agree! I've always taken my sons clothes in there. All name brand, no holes or stains, not outdated (he outgrows them in 6 months). Now before Christy owned it, I'd drop off my sons clothes, come back a few weeks later and have anywhere from $30-$50 everytime!!! I'be never gotten more than $10 from Christy! Needless to say I don't take them there anymore!
Concerned

Owensboro, KY

#7 Apr 20, 2013
Who wrote this? A friend is being acused of it and I know that she did not do it! Megan: your naming names but should have proof, read your bible "judge not least ye be judged!" & bareing false witness!
just inquiring wrote:
crackwacker

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Apr 20, 2013
Some crackhead stole my kids clothes... and now she wants to complain that she didn't get enough money to get some crack... if you start seeing naked kids in the eastend... that's why...
shopper

Owensboro, KY

#9 Apr 20, 2013
Do they carry boys jordan clothing?

Since: Nov 11

Dunmor, KY

#10 Apr 20, 2013
I can't believe anyone would say anything about Kids Closet. I love that place and plus I always make good money. Better than donating them. Megan I see you were upset but it's not worth arguing with someone about it. Their stuff probably wasn't any good but think it's gold. Christy doesn't put out anything with holes or stains that's why her stuff is nice. Sometimes stuff just may not be what someone is looking for. I have a lot of friends who consign and shop there and none of them have ever been dissatisfied. YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 11

Dunmor, KY

#11 Apr 20, 2013
She has a lot of nice stuff I'm not sure if she has any Jordan. She has adult clothes as well. There is always good sales. You should check it out yourself. I take in girls and ladies clothes.
ab

Evansville, IN

#12 Apr 20, 2013
There is a paper you sign when I start consigning if u want ur stuff back. I think she does a awesome job! But if u have a problem be a mother and speak to her. You are and adult right
Nessa

Murray, KY

#13 Apr 21, 2013
I like shopping there, She always has great deals on stuff, especially pajamas and what I consider play clothes, both things I HATE paying retail for because who sees your kids pajamas but you? and Christy is a very sweet lady! However I ONLY take my clothes to once upon a child to consign because they offer you money up front and you have a choice to take their offer or leave it or I sell them on facebook for sale pages. Whats left I donate. Just makes things easier.
:/

Tucker, GA

#14 Apr 21, 2013
Well I took 2 13 gal bags full of summer clothes up there one time and I went into get some of myomere and had nothing for several weeks. I sled we to give me my stuff and all I got back was a Walmart bag of stuff. I think she out a wrong number on mine and some 1 else got my money. My own mother in law bought some of my stuff and I didn't get money for it!!!!!!
lol

Union City, GA

#15 Apr 22, 2013
I know I have good name brand non stained in style clothes and hardly get even $10 a month from her. I used to get $30-$40 with jennifer. I just don't get it. I like her asa pperson but don't understand my numbers . Any other good places to consign?

Since: Apr 13

Shelbyville, KY

#16 Apr 25, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I've taken my clothes there for years and have no problems. Always make more than expected!!! Maybe your seeing your clothes as better than they really are..... Or maybe the size of your clothes are a weird size? Just saying.
Well first of all if she were to saved all of her consignors clothes she would not have any place to put them. If you actually did what your contract says, you wouldn't have to worry about her giving anything back. Just because u think your stuff is good, it may not be. No holes, stains, or out of season clothing, Your contract states that. I have only been a consignor for a little over a year and I have made over 300.00 dollars there. Christy's kids closet is one of the best places I have ever shopped. She is very courteous and spends time with me whenever I go in there. She always has time for me. So if you are looking for a great place to take your stuff this is the place. I highly recommend Christy's Kids Closet.

Since: Apr 13

Shelbyville, KY

#17 Apr 25, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Who wrote this? A friend is being acused of it and I know that she did not do it! Megan: your naming names but should have proof, read your bible "judge not least ye be judged!" & bareing false witness!
<q uoted text>
Well Disappointed, you did the right thing, if your not happy then take your business else where and hope your happy. But Christys is the best in town. She has a heart of gold, I have seen her first hand, helping out people in many ways. She would never STEAL or LIE to anyone.
mom

Florence, KY

#18 Apr 25, 2013
shes not high like jennifer. she doesnt mark items close to sale price or half of when used so u wouldnt make tht much. but shes amazing i love her. i tell everyone about her even adults wo kids
lol

Calvert City, KY

#19 Apr 26, 2013
Jennifer was not high I loved her!!!! I think 10-12 dollars for a used hollister shirt or aero shirt is high !
disappointed

Tucker, GA

#20 Apr 26, 2013
lol wrote:
Jennifer was not high I loved her!!!! I think 10-12 dollars for a used hollister shirt or aero shirt is high !
I agree! She has decent prices on the baby clothes. But shopping for my son is a different story. Just because something is name brand doesn't mean it's worth ten dollars. Most of the Hollister clothes are faded and from several seasons ago. And you can buy brand new Aero shirts for $10-$15 all day at Aeropostale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why can't you be straight up? 12 min Sick pup 11
Lesbin 12 min Wondering 1
You and me big T I await patiently 22 min GrandSpam 1
You and me Big T it's going to happen 25 min GrandSpam 1
Hampton inn suits by the river 33 min Lol 2
ViceLords down here from Chicago 52 min Larry 10
Battery Headquarters Owensboro Ky (Sep '11) 2 hr queens plaza 47

Spottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance