Are the realestate developers in Owen...

Are the realestate developers in Owensboro retarded?

Posted in the Spottsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff

Huntsville, AL

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Everytime I drive around Owensboro I am amazed at how ugly it has become over the years. The development on Hwy 54 is the ulitmate in ugly, Hiroshima looked nicer the day after the h-bomb went off. Why do the people here hate Trees? Just wondering if they have found trees cause cancer or something?
Joe

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff wrote:
Everytime I drive around Owensboro I am amazed at how ugly it has become over the years. The development on Hwy 54 is the ulitmate in ugly, Hiroshima looked nicer the day after the h-bomb went off. Why do the people here hate Trees? Just wondering if they have found trees cause cancer or something?
You have to cut down trees to build things.
Jeff

Huntsville, AL

#3 Oct 3, 2012
You can plan and replant but that takes intelligence i suspect.
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to cut down trees to build things.
Joe

United States

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>You can plan and replant but that takes intelligence i suspect.
Depending on what is being built, tress can be more hassle than what they are worth. Wouldn't make sense to have them if their's a giant parking lot.
oh well

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on what is being built, tress can be more hassle than what they are worth. Wouldn't make sense to have them if their's a giant parking lot.
Yeah, no sense in trees if we have giant empty parking lots
John

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Jeff wrote:
If you insist on hugging a tree, the new downtown hotel is designed to be "green".
Jeff

Huntsville, AL

#7 Oct 3, 2012
yep i am a tree hugger, and Owensboro needs to hire a city planner that isnt a developer, unless Owensboro wants to keep falling in status Bowling Green has over taken them in population, and at the rate owensboro's population is soaring(not) Henderson will soon be pulling ahead. A Beautiful city grows and ugly city sits and dies.
Haha

Owensboro, KY

#8 Oct 3, 2012
All of them are so j

Since: Jul 11

Owensboro, KY

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Dirty hippy
Jeff

Huntsville, AL

#10 Oct 4, 2012
OtisSpunkmeyer wrote:
Dirty hippy
the dirtier the better!
facts

Madisonville, KY

#11 Oct 4, 2012
While "trees" are very much a major part of any develoment, they can't be the main focus of "developing" The City of Owensboro actually has one of the toughest "landscape" requirements in the State for developers. They require "trees" and low level landscaping plans for ALL new developments.

As for the population growth, with BG it was more about annexation than it was growing population. Owensboro could very well do the same thing and again overtake BG should it choose.

Currently O'boro is the jewel of the State with regard to development and will be for the next 3-5 years. And I'm sure the trees will be just fine.
William

Owensboro, KY

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Image builders is the best

Since: Jul 11

Owensboro, KY

#13 Oct 4, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>the dirtier the better!
:) http://www.thesoundarchive.com/play-wav-files...
jeffncharleston

Huntsville, AL

#14 Oct 5, 2012
They need to visit cities outside the state then, cutting old growth oaks,and maples and replacing with bradford pears and riverbirches is just well stupid. Kentucky is one of the most beautiful states in the country and if owensboros development is truley a jewel then that is truley sad for the future of Kentucky. The mall area has been under development for over 30 years and there are still no shade trees or any ares of beauty to be found the entire are is an eyesore and looks blighted, now they are destoying the other side of town on 54 it was a nice area and the developers could have done a much better job at making that area a family destination instead of an area that looks like a place to throw out you garbage and by the looks of it quite a few people have mistaken the area as that. All i am saying is that a city planner should be fighting to make Owensboro a pleasant place not just a place for a few developers to get rich. I grew up in Owensboro and it is truly sad to visit it and see the destruction grow each year. I am hoping the new riverfront park is a going to be a refreshing change, but so far all i hear my friends say is that it has some weird cement trees. So we will see.
jeffncharleston

Huntsville, AL

#15 Oct 5, 2012
OtisSpunkmeyer wrote:
Cool!
jeffncharleston

Huntsville, AL

#16 Oct 29, 2012
So I guess the answer to my question is Yes!!
Castle

Owensboro, KY

#17 Oct 29, 2012
Jeff wrote:
. Well if it isn't "Negatron". Nice positive attitude there Jeff. I personally think Owensboro is a very beautiful town overall. But to each his own. I suppose by claiming the developers are stupid, you surely are a very successful genius. Why not just build the beautiful development that you want? There ..... Problem solved. Hey, and have a great day Mr. Sunshine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
65rolyatwr

Denver, CO

#18 Oct 29, 2012
jeffncharleston wrote:
So I guess the answer to my question is Yes!!
Owensboro only likes concrete trees that costs millions of dollars...and Bronze buffalo statues....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Haha

United States

#19 Oct 29, 2012
Castle wrote:
<quoted text>. Well if it isn't "Negatron". Nice positive attitude there Jeff. I personally think Owensboro is a very beautiful town overall. But to each his own. I suppose by claiming the developers are stupid, you surely are a very successful genius. Why not just build the beautiful development that you want? There ..... Problem solved. Hey, and have a great day Mr. Sunshine.
Amen brother!
jeffncharleston

Huntsville, AL

#20 Nov 1, 2012
You guys are so funny, very typical though, sad really that everyone is so closed minded to the possibilities of proper city planning. The developers will do what ever is required of them but if no one demands a better product then they sure as hell arent gonna give you one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassidy Payne 29 min Tom 6
how to make your cummins roll the coal (Sep '11) 32 min KTONYKURO 185
Woman 34 min Easy 2
Meth cooks anonymous 38 min Best 8
Mustang 45 min camaro 2
henderson topix is a trash site 48 min Yard wast 19
One of these days 1 hr Already know 1

Spottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance