I want to help people that need help

Posted in the Spottsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eli

Evansville, IN

#1 Apr 24, 2013
I want to assist people in the community (Henderson)that need help but Im unsure of how to start it up. How do I gather info and investigate the trustworthy-ness of sources? Im not keen on the idea of helping more people acquire assistance that arent able to work or want to. So I dont want to use the same routes that other groups use (gov, churches), people learn to play those systems. How do I find the needy people that work hard, but are too proud to say they need help in this economy??
What

Evansville, IN

#2 Apr 24, 2013
I think you worded it wrong but I know what you meant. If you got alittle money, hire people to help YOU walk around and talk to people. Best way to learn.
I know of some families in Spottsville that work hard and are honest but need some help in these times. Its a poor area with hard working boys. Set up an email and I'll email you info.
What the heck

Henderson, KY

#3 Apr 24, 2013
Not on here if we was at work or working hard then we couldn't help ur proud hard working officers so if u wanna find some hard working people wait til the next drug bust and catch them as they release them to go to work other than that get off topix and do some work you go find them ya self every body in this town needs help for real trust me if they need help they will come to you but until then pray for them I guess but this sight is used to cut tell on people or try and hurt some bodies feelings sorry maybe youshould try helping people from big cities with real problems like hunger and being homeless real life not where's my next hit gonna come from or who bonded who out this entire town is pretty proud of them self and all they do is beg so thanks for the offer but give it to somebody who will appreciate and need the help and get out of town befor u fall vitem to this weird unknown town
well

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Apr 24, 2013
I would say pray about it...most likely the people that need help most have children. If they have their children, hopefully they aren't doing drugs etc but u never know. You could check with the family resource coordinators at schools or speak with someone at churches to see if they know anyone. You could visit elderly apartment communities also to see if they needed assistance. Hope this helps :) best of luck n God bless!
Preach

Henderson, KY

#5 Apr 24, 2013
Just like you said they find ways to cheat the system word of mouth travels quick no good dead goes unpunished the hard workin people are the ones who went to college life is what you make it rich or poor the people who work hard are the single moms and dads who worked 40 plus hours while goin to school and raising kids made sacrafices there the dads who are have to miss there sons first game cause he's stuck in the office because he know how hard life will be for his sons generation and then you have those who wait on nice rich people and churches to pay there bills when nobody owes them anything it was there own choices that got them where there at but got the nerves to get mad at those who all ready put in the work and now there reaping the benefits hope u offer a class on what not to do in life and show them a video of this entire town maybe if they see it from the outside looking in and in three d and hd they will see how they really look and change
Eli

Evansville, IN

#6 Apr 25, 2013
"What the heck" do you have an email? or at least create one so I can talk to you
Eli

Evansville, IN

#7 Apr 25, 2013
Most people with children get government assistance and thats a poverty cycle. The democratic policies in Henderson County assist them very well. This will Not be the focus of my organization.
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#8 Apr 25, 2013
always wanted to myself.most people take donations which is good but a no no
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#9 Apr 25, 2013
if methodist hospital gets that grant maybe you can ask for sponsor meals on wheels traveling free clinic.possibly tent when cold better be against all the rules when non stick
Eli

Evansville, IN

#10 Apr 25, 2013
Im starting my own. Im not inquiring or part of any other chain of charities or gov tugs of society yet. Dont worry I have a main plan, this was just a moment of being "open minded" and taking notes. The opening stages.
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#11 Apr 25, 2013
yeah hear ya have billions ideas but if your supported or a name at 10 percent by companys.even by citizens blah blah for over 2 yrs .beat you get government service.throw in democrat gays
Angie

Evansville, IN

#12 Apr 25, 2013
I really wish u could help my friend and her family shes raised her kids now shes got her youngest teen son and now raiseing her grand baby. They have lost there place now that her husband got a granishment on his pay its taken 200 every week out of his check so he only brings in 220 a week. And a motel room is 190 a week so they are trying to make it on 30 dollars a week.. I really feel bad for them her husband working so hard but not geting a head.they are the kind of people that would give u anything and do without for there selfs they are good people having a really rough time.. They dont even have a car. Please help them if u can.. I will give u my email or phone # if u need it
Angie

Evansville, IN

#13 Apr 25, 2013
Eli wrote:
"What the heck" do you have an email? or at least create one so I can talk to you
Here is hers bquick750@gmail.com
Truth b told

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2013
I have a friend that's really in need her kids are grown but she's about to lose all she has she's disabled waitin on Ssi but time is coding in on her if she doesn't get help soon she will lose her home I'm really sad and worried about her. If ur serious Eli n this isn't a joke please hear my cry. Do u have an email or text # or n e thing????
crackwacker

Shelbyville, IN

#15 Apr 25, 2013
Your going about this all wrong.....
maybe

Duluth, GA

#16 Apr 25, 2013
What the heck wrote:
Not on here if we was at work or working hard then we couldn't help ur proud hard working officers so if u wanna find some hard working people wait til the next drug bust and catch them as they release them to go to work other than that get off topix and do some work you go find them ya self every body in this town needs help for real trust me if they need help they will come to you but until then pray for them I guess but this sight is used to cut tell on people or try and hurt some bodies feelings sorry maybe youshould try helping people from big cities with real problems like hunger and being homeless real life not where's my next hit gonna come from or who bonded who out this entire town is pretty proud of them self and all they do is beg so thanks for the offer but give it to somebody who will appreciate and need the help and get out of town befor u fall vitem to this weird unknown town
Maybe you should try using a period every now and then.
enough

United States

#17 Apr 25, 2013
Be careful with your judgments. You may pass on some family based on assumptions when you are dead wrong. I already hear folly in your approach. It's nice that you want to help, but it's up to you to find who needs the help if you're going to put such conditions on it. Working with the public will introduce you to a lot of prospects. Get their name and ask around. Someone will know them. I'm a total recluse and I find people to help.
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#18 Apr 25, 2013
asking the public ha see the annually income
momma

Evansville, IN

#19 Apr 25, 2013
I ask that before some of you judge please consider that some of us with kids are very hard working parents and can barely make ends meet. We are married we both work 75 hrs a week, we raise our children, we help with our grandchildren. We don't get any help because we work.
Karen

Evansville, IN

#21 Apr 26, 2013
Angie wrote:
<quoted text>Here is hers bquick750@gmail.com
Angie,
Is the wife currently employed as well?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JRowe 7 min mememe 6
Why do white people smell like dogs when they g... 19 min lol 14
Poll The 62nd Governor of Kentucky Will Be... 1 hr Johnathan D Masters 2
Who are the clean cops in the area? 1 hr Johnathan D Masters 7
Steve midkiff 1 hr sean 1
Poll The 2015 Democratic State Treasurer Nomination ... 1 hr Johnathan D Masters 1
Wayne Lanham 1 hr Nosey 4
More from around the web

Spottsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]