Anyone have issues with 'slum lords' ...

Anyone have issues with 'slum lords' in Henderson?

Posted in the Spottsville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Panda

Richmond, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2011
Was at Weaverton school apartments this week and the roaches were so big they met me in the hall and offered to carry my bags. The smell was awful in the halls and I understand a lot of the appliances don't work. Also, there is no background checks so a lot of druggies and sex offenders live in this apartment and the ones across from
south Middle school?
ice cube

Tomball, TX

#2 Sep 17, 2011
Al baity he's number one
ice cube

Tomball, TX

#3 Sep 17, 2011
Terry Spainhoward
person

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Sep 17, 2011
David O'nan is the worst landlord ever!! Rent is cheap but don't let that fool you, he won't fix anything.
walk with faith

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2011
Panda wrote:
Was at Weaverton school apartments this week and the roaches were so big they met me in the hall and offered to carry my bags. The smell was awful in the halls and I understand a lot of the appliances don't work. Also, there is no background checks so a lot of druggies and sex offenders live in this apartment and the ones across from
south Middle school?
Has the Health Dept been notified? If not then please have everyone call. The best results is to call News 25. Ask them to come out and do a story. Amazing when the news gets on it how fast things get fixed. No one should have to live like that.
Panda

Richmond, KY

#6 Sep 17, 2011
I think a lot of these people won't call becuse they're afraid of being evicted, especilly those who have records. I think some good people do live in these complexes and they re doing the best they can. I'm not judging because I truly believe but by the grace of God it could be me. I also believe anyone living in these places needs to kow who thier neighbors are. It's too late when a child has found drugs and taken them or been molested.
A_A_A

Owensboro, KY

#8 Sep 17, 2011
Weaverton apartments are definately not a good place to live, I have no doubt that nothing gets done there by the landlord. But you have to look at who are living in these places. Its someones choice how they live. Its that persons choice if they live in filth or not. Its not the landlords fault that it smells and there are roaches everywhere. You may live in a POS house but that doesnt mean it has to be filthy. It doesnt take money to keep a clean place. And no one should put any child in a situation like that, you can tell how a place is before you commit to something, especially weaverton.
walk with faith

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2011
A_A_A wrote:
Weaverton apartments are definately not a good place to live, I have no doubt that nothing gets done there by the landlord. But you have to look at who are living in these places. Its someones choice how they live. Its that persons choice if they live in filth or not. Its not the landlords fault that it smells and there are roaches everywhere. You may live in a POS house but that doesnt mean it has to be filthy. It doesnt take money to keep a clean place. And no one should put any child in a situation like that, you can tell how a place is before you commit to something, especially weaverton.
Sometimes it is all they can afford. The landlord should keep the clean and bug free to start with and enforce the tenant to do the same keep things in working order.
A_A_A

Owensboro, KY

#10 Sep 17, 2011
Your right about the landlord making the tenants keeping things clean. But I think there are always other options. Especially if you have kids. I dont care how poor I was there is no way in hell I would subject my children to such living conditions. It is known before moving into places like this.
too tight

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2011
Terry spainhoward is the king of slum lords!
yeahbuddy

United States

#12 Sep 17, 2011
Jt farley
zionslum

Florence, KY

#13 Sep 17, 2011
Bryce Hazelwood, not only is he an ass but he dosnt knw how 2 fix shit!
You andme

United States

#14 Sep 18, 2011
Mike Holiday
gxb

Newburgh, IN

#15 Sep 18, 2011
Simpkins
Panda

Utica, KY

#16 Sep 18, 2011
The apartment I was visiting was not filthy. The stench in the hallwy is fromcarpets not being cleaned, worn out, needs to be ripped up and replaced. This is the responsibility of the Slumlord. I would be embarrased to own these properties especially if I had run for a public office....Those folks are not supposed to be perfect but surely they are supposed to be exmples.......
geesh

United States

#17 Sep 19, 2011
Steward crooke!!!!!!
Heres Another One

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Sep 19, 2011
Steve Littrell and his brother Leon. He may not be a "Slum Lord" yet, but he is very dis-honest!! Don't rent from him them at all!!!
Youre_dumb

Owensboro, KY

#20 Sep 22, 2011
geesh wrote:
Steward crooke!!!!!!
You're dumb!! He's one of he best men I know and would do anything for anyone!!! You are probably just some loser that didn't pay your rent and got evicted, and now you're mad because just like everyone else, he has to make his money.....so you didn't get to live for free!!
JusSayin

Marion, KY

#21 Sep 22, 2011
james orrahood is the worst!!!!!!!
lol

United States

#22 Sep 22, 2011
Kenny tegethoff he has one of the old hosiery mill houses he's an awesome person but an awful landlord the apartment is infested with mice and roaches like I said great person just bbad landlord

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vasquez/Nale Both in jail 28 min Jerry 1
carrissa stilwel greene 1 hr sherick 1
Rats 1 hr Who 10
jimmy Crabtree straight rat (Jan '15) 2 hr Old school 22
Donald trump 2 hr CuteSusie 10
Looking for a big titty girl to mess with 2 hr BigPete 11
Reggie Ragland Update 2 hr DUMMIES 2

Spottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance