Questions about filing for Bankruptcy?

Posted in the Spotsylvania Forum

leliavyz572

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Nov 3, 2013
Questions about filing for Bankruptcy?Due to my low income, I have been approved for a reduced fee attorney, costing $1100, but I do not get to speak with this attorney, simply pay the fee, submit the debts I want included in BK, relinquish my tax return for 2011 and hope it all goes well. Here are my questions:

1. What is the average cost of BK if you hire a BK attorney?(I live in Kansas, if that helps)
2. Is there any way to make absolutely certain that all of my outstanding debts get covered?(The reason I began to look into BK is because I have a $24k medical bill for my son's birth, but when I pulled all 3 credit reports to start getting all of my debts in order for the BK office, I saw that that particular collection wasn't even listed on any of them. I am afraid that I will go through the work and pay the fee, and then have an unknown debt appear when it's all said and done).
3. Is there any way to avoid giving up my tax return to the BK courts? My debts are the result of many separations and now a divorce from my ex. 2011 is my year to claim our son, and with another on the way in August, a tax refund would be REALLY helpful. Don't get me wrong, I understand that my debts are my responsibility and I am not looking for handouts, I just need to be able to start fresh in order to give my family the life that they deserve. My mistakes are my own and I have learned a great deal from them. Now, I need to know how to make things right.

Thanks so much for any help :)
yvestsq738

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Nov 3, 2013
leliavyz572 wrote:
Questions about filing for Bankruptcy?Due to my low income, I have been approved for a reduced fee attorney, costing $1100, but I do not get to speak with this attorney, simply pay the fee, submit the debts I want included in BK, relinquish my tax return for 2011 and hope it all goes well. Here are my questions:

1. What is the average cost of BK if you hire a BK attorney?(I live in Kansas, if that helps)
2. Is there any way to make absolutely certain that all of my outstanding debts get covered?(The reason I began to look into BK is because I have a $24k medical bill for my son's birth, but when I pulled all 3 credit reports to start getting all of my debts in order for the BK office, I saw that that particular collection wasn't even listed on any of them. I am afraid that I will go through the work and pay the fee, and then have an unknown debt appear when it's all said and done).
3. Is there any way to avoid giving up my tax return to the BK courts? My debts are the result of many separations and now a divorce from my ex. 2011 is my year to claim our son, and with another on the way in August, a tax refund would be REALLY helpful. Don't get me wrong, I understand that my debts are my responsibility and I am not looking for handouts, I just need to be able to start fresh in order to give my family the life that they deserve. My mistakes are my own and I have learned a great deal from them. Now, I need to know how to make things right.

Thanks so much for any help :).
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spotsylvania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Premier Home Brokers Inc Nov 15 asmith22401 1
Anti-abortion club approved at Courtland High C... Nov 14 godless by choice 1
Sexy Nov 8 Hottie01 1
Review: DND Jewelers Oct '14 georgie naylor 1
Debate: Civil Unions - Fredericksburg, VA (Jan '12) Oct '14 Gabe 3
Monkey Bone Oct '14 bigdaddy9p 1
Review: Peak Mental Health - Nivedita Choudhary MD (Apr '11) Sep '14 So Distressed 38
Spotsylvania Dating
Find my Match

Spotsylvania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spotsylvania News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spotsylvania

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:52 pm PST