what do u think about thge methadone ...

what do u think about thge methadone clinic?

Posted in the Spotsylvania Forum

u wish u knew

Winchester, VA

#1 Feb 6, 2009
do u think the methadone clinic is a good thing?does it really help people?or is it just bs?
Sakura

Caret, VA

#2 Mar 31, 2009
it depends...methadone is just as addictive as other opiates...i have been on meth for over 4 years and it is very hard to get off!
i know too well

Inchelium, WA

#3 Oct 28, 2009
where is the clinic located?
Dawn

Leesburg, VA

#4 Jan 4, 2010
Yes a Methadone Clinic is a good thinkg. My husband has been going for about 6 months now and it is the best thing to happen to him and our marriage. I just wish there was one here in Fredericksburg, VA. We drive over 60miles each way every day to get to his !!
mountain man

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 19, 2010
Dawn, dont you see the level of his addiction? 120 miles a day is rediculous,I reccomend going to a clinic with a sliding fee scale related to income At all costs dont go to a psycologist,once hooked on benzos your a goner if you have an addictive nature.Theres no escaping withdrawal but he needs to grow some balls and take what he did to himself like a man and get off it all.Methadone is highly addictive. I speak from experience.Your life is overcome by his need for a fix. I wish him well.
Love where you live

Winchester, TN

#6 Jan 23, 2010
A methadone clinic is not a good thing for your area. It degrades property values becaue there is always a lot of drug addicted people congregating in one area. Most people that use methadone still continue to use the other drugs that they are addicted to and then they become addicted to methadone. Some people take the methadone and use part of it and the other part they make a retail business out of it by selling their methadone on the street. Not a good thing.

“Second chance shinedown”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 26, 2010
I asked my Dr. today about methadone wow what a dangerous drug. It is Gov. Control and after the "Anna nicole Smith" O.D. most DR. where giving it out. they got audit and was forced to taper cancer pt, chronic pain pt. off how sad if they did not abuse it why? others being judged by a troubled person? Good luck and I heard the term kicking the habit comes from the legs running from withdrawl. sorry
Jenn

Woodford, VA

#10 Feb 8, 2012
Dawn wrote:
Yes a Methadone Clinic is a good thinkg. My husband has been going for about 6 months now and it is the best thing to happen to him and our marriage. I just wish there was one here in Fredericksburg, VA. We drive over 60miles each way every day to get to his !!
A methadone clinic is coming to Fredericksburg va in June or July 2012
Jenn

Woodford, VA

#11 Feb 8, 2012
A Methadone clinic iscoming to Fredericksburg VA
in June or July of 2012.
Terry

East New Market, MD

#12 May 21, 2012
I think a clinic here would help a whole lot of people. I know alot of people that drive to Richmond every single day and I know a whole lot more people that need to go. It's a serious matter and it affects those who love them. We who love them have seen the suffering when they have nothing and it's not a pretty thing to witness. It would also hurt all the pill dealers that take advantage of thier pain and charge outrageous prices for pills. Yes we need a clinic in Fredericksburg. I also think these people do need to get clean, but they won't till they're ready. It's sad but true!
RoseRed

United States

#13 May 23, 2012
I believe other options should be checked into before using methadone. Seems to me a person is exchanging one dependancy for another.
KATE

Palmetto, FL

#14 Aug 10, 2012
Jenn wrote:
A Methadone clinic iscoming to Fredericksburg VA
in June or July of 2012.
Do you know when this is going to open or where it is going to be?

Since: Jul 12

Vienna, VA

#15 Aug 14, 2012
A methadone clinic in the area has the potential to be a great thing, given the increasing number of narcotic cases and activity in the area. It gives addicts a chance to get their lives together and get on the straight and narrow.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16 Sep 9, 2012
the addicts dont want help im sure the only help they need is a push down the river to get them out of town hell im feeding their children and their dr bills cause i know they on food stamps and get a medical card and half the kids dont even get the food from the food stamps cause their druggie parents are to busy selling them to get there next fix
Jenn

King George, VA

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Dawn wrote:
I clinic is opening up in Fred (already open but not taking patients until March 4th I think. It's on Main Street off Rte 17. Thank Goodness, Fred has needed one for a LONG TIME!!!!
recovery too

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2013
methadone is highly addictive and difficult to stop, but for many it is the last resort. heroin and prescription drug addiction will lead to jail or death.
there is a treatment center open in fredericksburg that will prescribe methadone. they require group therapy and will motivate you to try and withdraw from the drug.
methadone is a lousy option but for many it is the only option. if you can afford other treatment-try that first. If nothing else works,methadone beats
death from addiction. Recovery is possible-don't give up. Find a good counselor and do the work
Bon

Mountain View, CA

#20 Feb 27, 2015
i know too well wrote:
where is the clinic located?
There is a clinic in Fredericksburg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spotsylvania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 hr asd 395
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 20 nco 1
Any Caps Fans In The Burg? Aug 20 Leader In Sports 1
News NAACP Takes Aim at Confederate Flag Over Inters... (Jun '15) Aug 12 Luther 16
Cat Fraud Aug 3 Anonymous 1
DEA Downtown Jul '16 2way street 3
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) Jun '16 martin garey 13

Spotsylvania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spotsylvania Mortgages