“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#1 Apr 2, 2008
I was raised in that area, and I really do miss it. I live in Florida, and although I much more prefer the weather down here, some of my best fondist childhood memories are from the Spokane area.
Shopping at X-mas time as a kid their was magical...like a magical paradise...
L Smith

Katy, TX

#2 Apr 3, 2008
I agree with the person in FLA now. Spokane ROCKS, but it is so sad that the economy there is so lame. Just by moving to Houston, I tripled my income. Plus, I can get three times the house with the same amount of money here - and still take great vacations back home!

“I wanna be free...”

Since: Mar 08

Happyville

#3 Apr 4, 2008
Cool, wouldnt it be neat if the city of spokane could be transplanted to like Texas or Florida or Arizona?
So What

Savannah, GA

#4 Apr 22, 2008
I too grew up in Spokane but now live in GA. I don't miss Spokane's weather, but I have some fond memories of growing up there.
Southern Belle

United States

#5 May 20, 2008
I lived in Spokane for 5 years but grew up in the southern part of MO, I miss Spokane and the wonderful people I became friends with. Spokane will always hold a special place in my heart.
heya

Columbia, MO

#6 Jul 24, 2008
cute guys wrote:
Cool, wouldnt it be neat if the city of spokane could be transplanted to like Texas or Florida or Arizona?
im also from spokane but out in veradale,your all right on the money it is a magical place and i plan on moving back there,im down here in missouri,i would love to get back in touch with some old friends from my child hood witch would be from around 1980 and thru the 80's,it would be great,oh ya my name is howard
melisa

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2008
i moved from spokane to kansas 5 years ago. i grew up there. now im realy homesick.

“Pink rocks! omg fmf!”

Since: Nov 08

Omak

#8 Nov 24, 2008
aw. i miss spokane to. i was born there, and i moved to omak, WA. i miss my friends,
malichi, logan joy, feilder, and elite.

“Pink rocks! omg fmf!”

Omak

#9 Nov 24, 2008
hello?
PFC Griswold

Anaheim, CA

#10 Nov 25, 2008
I joined the Marine Corps in May and have only been back home, Spokane, for about 5 days since then. Great place to grow up, especially the area that I lived in, the Foothills, outside of the Valley. Hopefully I'll be back soon..
Missy

Yakima, WA

#11 Dec 7, 2008
melisa wrote:
i moved from spokane to kansas 5 years ago. i grew up there. now im realy homesick.
That's funny, I've always called Spokane Spokansas. lol
Kate

Spokane, WA

#12 Dec 22, 2008
&eu rl=http://www.godlikeproductio ns.com/forum1/message688775/pg 1&feature=player_embedded

You dont miss spokane today i bet

“Pink rocks! omg fmf!”

Omak

#13 Dec 26, 2008
i do to.and i always willz
Ash

Seattle, WA

#14 Dec 16, 2011
I miss Spokane. I spent the majority of my life in the neighboring city of Seattle only to find that despite having an abundance of economic opportunities, real happiness can only be found in a city that values the smaller things in life. The three years that I lived there on my own were the most defining in my life. As of now I would trade all the meaningless passive friendships that plague the lifeless egotistical city of Seattle for something more real.

Maybe I'm somewhat delusional, however Spokane has a special place in my heart.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#15 Dec 16, 2011
Funny. I live in Spokane but I miss Seattle--and other places I've lived. However, nostalgia for places from one's past is dangerous. We tend to think we can regain youth by returning to the places of our youth, but one can never go home again.
Jreal

Seattle, WA

#16 Feb 25, 2012
I lived in Spokane from 1956 to 1976. Joined the US Army 3 days after my 20th birthday, then I lived in Schweinfurt Germany for 20yrs. I really miss both, now living in shit town Seattle for the last 10yrs.
Miss it

Terre Haute, IN

#17 May 21, 2012
I lived in Spokane for a little over a year during a job transfer. My wife and I LOVED it out there, the people were great and the sights were breath-taking. The weather was MUCH different from the midwest (where we are from). It would be so sunny out, but be pouring rain. But man we both miss it, we didn't want to move but my company started downsizing, and I was asked (told) to leave. So my wife left 4 days after I told her the news, and I left 2 weeks later.

We never really got to say goodbye to the few friends we made out there, nor did we get to visit some of our favorite places before leaving. We left there due to negative things. Which put a damper on things, but nothing will change our GREAT memories of Spokane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spokane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
22 gay rights activists protesting in Idaho Hou... 20 hr The real zeke 5
Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... Tue The real zeke 33
Shots fired in north Spokane streets; one dead (Sep '07) Feb 28 suwooESP27 100
John R. Frates, Elk, Washington Feb 28 enfldl2a1 3
Idaho driver's license not in compliance with f... Feb 23 The real zeke 12
September Wedding Venue AVAILABLE! Feb 23 KTF93 1
Park lane motel on Sprague DO NOT STAY HERE Feb 23 justanotherladywi... 5
Spokane Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web