DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#21 Apr 23, 2012
456_+

Romney is behind Obama 5 or more percentage points depending upon who you listen too.

Now he is going to move "to the center" the news pundants tell us.

I don't believe the TEA Party - which now controls the Republican Party - will let hin do this.

As a result, I predict a LANDSLIDE victory for the Democrats this Novermber; like Goldwater in 1964.

I hope, anyway!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Johnsonville, SC

#22 May 8, 2012
fr4%^

Wouldn't it be fascinating, and also very surprising, if Romney is about 20% behind Obama about the time of the Republican Ding-bat Convention gets to be about a month or less away; and then he publicly decides that he no longer wants the nomination for President?

However, if he is about 20% behind, and then he accepts the nomination, he is unquestionably a JERK!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Hemingway, SC

#23 May 14, 2012

I am 67 years old - and part Baby-boomer I suppose - and I find the many mysteries of life more and more confusing as I go along and evermore get rapidly older.

For instance:

When a rather large stone of thrown into a small pond of water, it makes a rather tall ripple in the liquid at first.

The ripple continues to grow larger and larger in circumference as it expands outward, but the size of the tallness of the ripple becomes smaller and smaller until it disappears from view completely.

However, all of the civilized history of mankind seems to be exactly the same as the previously mentioned ripple made by the stone falling into the pond!

Whether it be the Mongols, the Chinese, the Arabs, the British, the Spaniards, the French, the Germans, the Soviets, or the what-ever, they have all fallen from their very high perch of social domination at the time of their power.

My question I want everyone to think about today is: Are the American corporate powers which control our federal government beginning to do this very same thing to the United States, while much of the rest of the civilized world is moving scientifically and/or socially ahead of this nation?

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Hemingway, SC

#24 May 21, 2012
kl;'[

I am beginning to really love this presidential race, and I am not a Democrat as such!

If Romney supports a moderate position, he loses the support of the TEA Party members!

On the other hand, if Romney supports the TEA Party position, he almost completely loses the political middle!

It is a "lose-lose" situation for him!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Hemingway, SC

#25 May 23, 2012
1@#$

Definition - Conservative - a pimple on the &ss of progress.

DrJEDunn
DrJEDunn

Hemingway, SC

#26 May 26, 2012
ju'97

"Our country has come to" the majority of citizens who think like you, and others like you - including me - are so very busy paying no heed to what is going on in this nation, that when the far right-wing Ding-bats united and vote, THEY WIN!!!

It is not their fault, however, the FAULT IS OURS ALONE!

Dr. James E. Dunn
jordyn

Spokane, WA

#27 May 26, 2012
this is interesting!
DrJEDunn

Hemingway, SC

#28 May 29, 2012
"Thank you" Jerdyn."

I am not really a Liberal, and I am definitely not a Conservative.

Change always comes about because of a "Liberal" policy; in fact, that is one of the reasons why it is called "Liberal"!

"Conservative," on the other hand, wants always to remain as is the present reality.

Obviously, at times both are correct depending upon the situation.

This country has fallen behind other civilized nations in MANY, MANY fields, education and energy being just two of them.

Given this reality of the petroleum companies controlling the government through political contrabutions, we are in strong need of new legal policies - governmental and otherwise - which will again make us a leader in the world.

This is what I badly want, and to a great extent it is what I live for; but right now, the Conservatives are lying, and they are continually making this nation become less and less competitive in the other world of civilized nations through control of the federal government.

For instance: Brazil now uses ethanol instead of gasoline; China is now traveling by magnetic train, etc.!

This I won't put up with, and will do everything in my power to prevent it, including to slightly Skue my position to a more intelligent position - in this case a Liberal one!

Dr. James E. Dunn
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#29 May 31, 2012
DrJEDunn wrote:
"Thank you" Jerdyn."
I am not really a Liberal, and I am definitely not a Conservative.
Change always comes about because of a "Liberal" policy; in fact, that is one of the reasons why it is called "Liberal"!
"Conservative," on the other hand, wants always to remain as is the present reality.
Obviously, at times both are correct depending upon the situation.
This country has fallen behind other civilized nations in MANY, MANY fields, education and energy being just two of them.
Given this reality of the petroleum companies controlling the government through political contrabutions, we are in strong need of new legal policies - governmental and otherwise - which will again make us a leader in the world.
This is what I badly want, and to a great extent it is what I live for; but right now, the Conservatives are lying, and they are continually making this nation become less and less competitive in the other world of civilized nations through control of the federal government.
For instance: Brazil now uses ethanol instead of gasoline; China is now traveling by magnetic train, etc.!
This I won't put up with, and will do everything in my power to prevent it, including to slightly Skue my position to a more intelligent position - in this case a Liberal one!
Dr. James E. Dunn
Most of Brazil's ethanol is from sugar cane, not corn as here! Our making of it from corn cuases disruptions in world food supplu, as well as actually using fossil fuels in its production! American ethanol is a just political and serves no real purpose.
DrJEDunn

Hemingway, SC

#30 May 31, 2012
l;'[

OH BOY!

The TEA Party Republican Ding-bats are trying to pass new unneeded laws in may states which will eliminate many voters who will oppose them!

The were able to get away with this in the past, but with CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and others, their "GIG" is UP!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#31 Jun 4, 2012
AQ!@#

The Presidential debates later this fall are going to be veeerrrry interesting!

Instead of constantly criticizing President Obama and his policies, Romney will have to expound as to just what he would do in these situations.

He will have to come up with some concrete answers for the many problems facing this nation, instead of just criticizing what Obams is trying to do!

I can hardly wait!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#32 Jun 6, 2012
FR$56

Several very ancient farmers grew corn, barley, collected milk from cows and eggs from chickens, and grew other food stuffs; they also cut lumber and built their own homes.

In other words, they actually fed and housed each other by trading their goods and services.

The one day along came a very cleaver “shiest-er,” and he told the farmers that he had this supposedly precious metal which he called “gold”- which is really almost worthless as a commodity - and that they might borrow this for his home - really a bank – for some of their food and building supplies; and that they – the farmers – might then use this “gold” to trade with each other their food stuffs and building supplies with.

But the “shiest-er” said that there would be “inflation” at times, and/or “depressions” at other times, and even though the farmers had plenty of food stuffs and building supplies to trade, they did not have enough “gold” to trade with!

So the poor farmers went without food and/or building supplies at times.

The “shiest-ers” were very happy though, because they had much more wealth than they really knew what to do with, and they really didn't do nearly as much work as the farmers did to earn this wealth.

The “sheist-ers” had VERY big houses, and they drove around in their shiny new autos, as well.

Then along came a fella name “Tricky Dick” Nixon, and he made the “sheist-ers' even happier, because “Tricky Dick” told the “sheist-ers” that they no longer needed the “gold”; all they needed was “FAITH” alone, and this then was put on the worthless “money” which the farmers used to trade food and building supplies with.

Well, one day the economy of the nation was so very, very bad, that it seems the farmers will soon decide just what they are going to do!

And I am wondering just what that will be; if anything!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#33 Jun 9, 2012
0-ol

I have been slightly incorrect - periodically - on this forum at times, but it has not been because I misinterpreted the relevant facts regarding the situation; it was due to the fact that I was not aware of ALL of the facts regarding the situation.

Case in point was my stated belief that the Democrats would hold the House of Representatives after the 2010 congressional elections.

Only a little over 30% of the American voting age population actually vote in Off-Year Elections, and I was firmly aware that the TEA Party candidates were running against the traditional Democratic House of Representative members in the industrial heartland of mid-American.

Had all of the traditional voters voted in the 2010 election, the TEA Party Republicans would have lost badly - again – but that is not what happened in 2010.

The average voter in the industrial heartland of this country, they were very angry with the traditional Democrat s who,“supposedly,” represented them in Congress, so many of them decided to vote for the Republican opponent this time and “teach them a lesson”!

Little did most of the traditionally Democratic voters, in the industrial heartland of America, think that they were voting for anyone but a more traditional Republican, and to their regret they elected a TEA Party Representative who had won the primary in their district in the Republican Party in 2010.

Now the voters in the industrial heartland of this country are VERY MUCH AWARE of just who the TEA Party person IS that they helped to elect!!!

I presently wonder what is going to happen on Election Day this November!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#34 Jun 12, 2012
6^%$

Did you know that Abe Lincoln was the first President of today's
Republican Party, and that South Carolina was the first state to secede from the Union due to the Lincoln's victory.

Today, however, South Carolina in the CENTER of the Republican Party; just ask Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC)!!!

I guess the Republican Party should have "gone to pot" during the late 1960's and early 70's, instead of being part of Nixon's "Southern Strategy."

Things would be much better today had it!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35 Jun 12, 2012
FG;'

I'll say it again:

Romney will lose by at least 10 to 20 percentage points.

The Democrats will win back the House of Representatives.

The Democrats just may win 60 or more votes in the United States Senate.

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#36 Jun 14, 2012
TY^&

The adage that abortion in China is wrong and/or immoral is so out of touch with reality today that it is absolutely ridiculous!

There were so many people in China in the very recent past, and not enough food and shelter for all of them to survive, that some Chinese adults were either starving to death and/or freezing to death in the cold of winter!

Now the government there asked everyone in the past to take the "pill," and/or to use a condom when they have sex, but humans in every country in the world are going to have sex when either is not being employed, and therefore pregnancy is going to occur at times.

Over-population has been reached in many countries in Southeast Asia, as well as in India, and it is becoming very close in some places in South and Central America; but just HOW are we going to control this over-population if the "pill" and/or the condom don't really work enough of the time?

I firmly believe, that an abortion in the first three months of pregnancy if FAR preferable to a grown person starving and/or freezing to death!!!

How about YOU???

Dr. James E. Dunn

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#37 Jun 14, 2012
DrJEDunn wrote:
TY^&
The adage that abortion in China is wrong and/or immoral is so out of touch with reality today that it is absolutely ridiculous!
There were so many people in China in the very recent past, and not enough food and shelter for all of them to survive, that some Chinese adults were either starving to death and/or freezing to death in the cold of winter!
Now the government there asked everyone in the past to take the "pill," and/or to use a condom when they have sex, but humans in every country in the world are going to have sex when either is not being employed, and therefore pregnancy is going to occur at times.
Over-population has been reached in many countries in Southeast Asia, as well as in India, and it is becoming very close in some places in South and Central America; but just HOW are we going to control this over-population if the "pill" and/or the condom don't really work enough of the time?
I firmly believe, that an abortion in the first three months of pregnancy if FAR preferable to a grown person starving and/or freezing to death!!!
How about YOU???
Dr. James E. Dunn
"DrJEDumb"
Do you have a brain?
Do you enjoy talking to yourself?
Are you a left wing loon nut?
Peace
KMA
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#38 Jun 15, 2012
EasyEed:

Where are you going after election day this november???
----------

Many of the American people relax now instead of doing the dishes every night. They, or course, now have an automatic dish washer.

Other Americans no longer wash their cars, they take their auto to an automatic car wash.

Almost all Americans today are employing more and more modern equipment which allows them to relax more and more.

However, medical doctors say that we need more daily exercise to help our hearts, to reduce our blood pressure and not have a stroke, to ....!

So the American people go to the store and buy some sort of exercise equipment, which they then use instead of washing their care and/or doing the dishes!

In the meantime we don't have enough money to go on the extended trip we always wanted to go on, we don't have the money to ....!

Did you ever get the feeling that the American advertisers has us really "hoodwinked"!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#39 Jun 15, 2012
DrJEDunn wrote:
EasyEed:
Where are you going after election day this november???
----------
Many of the American people relax now instead of doing the dishes every night. They, or course, now have an automatic dish washer.
Other Americans no longer wash their cars, they take their auto to an automatic car wash.
Almost all Americans today are employing more and more modern equipment which allows them to relax more and more.
However, medical doctors say that we need more daily exercise to help our hearts, to reduce our blood pressure and not have a stroke, to ....!
So the American people go to the store and buy some sort of exercise equipment, which they then use instead of washing their care and/or doing the dishes!
In the meantime we don't have enough money to go on the extended trip we always wanted to go on, we don't have the money to ....!
Did you ever get the feeling that the American advertisers has us really "hoodwinked"!!!
Dr. James E. Dunn
"DrJEDunn"
I note you did not answer any of my questions, sure sign of a blowhard looking for attention. I will attempt to answer your questions;
1 - We have a dishwasher
2 - Car wash, usually wash our cars myself, at times use the car wash
3 - Still jog a couple of miles most days, blood pressure good, mow my lawn, trim the bushes, shovel the walks
4 - No exercise equipment, do on occasion put some dishes in the dishwater, as to washing my 'care' your spelling, I am at a loss
5 - Go on an extended trip whenever we want to
6 - Only idiots get brainwashed
Peace
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#40 Jun 15, 2012
Good for you, Easy, but you are in a VERY small minor of people!

DrJEDunn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spokane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Park lane motel on Sprague DO NOT STAY HERE Dec 25 pissedoffresident 1
So. Idaho county bans residents from owning Pit... (Apr '07) Dec 21 travis 73
Good House Cleaning Service! Dec 19 atlascleansspokane 1
Nearly empty gold E. Wash. mine to close in 2015 Dec 15 Tlh 1
Fugitive last seen in Spokane (May '14) Dec 8 Jeff Sjolander 9
Thousands of crows invade Sunnyside Dec 7 edd 1
Victor Barnard, Fugitive Cult Leader...up to $2... Dec 6 Jeff Sjolander 2
Spokane Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web