Pocola School Bond
Pocola Parent

Springdale, AR

#1 Mar 28, 2013
pocola taxpayer

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Pocola voters will be deciding if they’ll approve a $3.58 million bond issue for schools.

A public meeting will be held at 7 p.m., Thursday (March 28) at the high school gym so school and city officials can explain how the money will be used if the measure is approved next Tuesday.

The money will go toward safety and facility improvements, which is includes remodeling and updating the high school’s science lab, according to Superintendent Monty Guthrie.

“This would be a chance for the citizens of Pocola to pay something forward to the future of our community and that’s what we’re asking them to do,” he said.

If the bond issue is approved Pocola residents on average would be paying about $8 a month more on their property taxes, according to Guthrie.
Sharon Nugent

Fayetteville, AR

#3 Mar 28, 2013
Does anyone know if this will be a split ballot where you can vote for different parts or if it is an all or nothing?
Seriously

Greenwood, AR

#4 Mar 28, 2013
It's $8 a month......it's a no brainer. Our kids deserve better than what they currently have and it's long overdue! ALL of it should go through...
Sharon Nugent

Van Buren, AR

#5 Mar 30, 2013
At the cost of only a few dollars I see no reason not to provide our school with the best facilities to educate the children that will be Pocola's future.

Unfortunately I have been hearing that some of the leading citizens that have been claiming to have done so much lately for Pocola are openly campaigning against this bond issue.

It seems to me that a person could not go around saying they are all for what's good for Pocola & in the same breath try to get this bond issue defeated. In my opinion these two things are just opposite.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Sharon Nugent wrote:
At the cost of only a few dollars I see no reason not to provide our school with the best facilities to educate the children that will be Pocola's future.
Unfortunately I have been hearing that some of the leading citizens that have been claiming to have done so much lately for Pocola are openly campaigning against this bond issue.
It seems to me that a person could not go around saying they are all for what's good for Pocola & in the same breath try to get this bond issue defeated. In my opinion these two things are just opposite.
SN: Can you please clarify who you're talking about in Paragraph 2 (Unfortunately I have been hearing that some of the leading citizens that have been claiming to have done so much lately for Pocola are openly campaigning against this bond issue.)

I don't think you're information is correct on this. The main reason I say that is this - I will preface this comment with stating I probably shouldn't be discussing someone else's vote or opinion - BUT, that said I'm going to, with apologies if I offend BW by doing so.

I saw BW at the store Friday. He was wearing a sticker that said something like "I just voted". Forgetting abt the fact we can vote early I approached him and asked what had he voted on? He explained he had early voted. I took that opportunity to ask him what he thought about this School Tax/ Bond Issue, since personally I didn't agree with all of it.

BW told me he had voted in support of the Tax and was encouraging others to do the exact same. He said just abt what you said, that being the Pocola kids deserve the best facilities and learning environment that we could provide.

& Actually he convinced me to support the tax also.

If there's anyone else you're implying doesn't support this tax then please post who that might be, I'd like a shot at convincing them otherwise.
Sharon Nugent

United States

#7 Mar 31, 2013
HowAmusing wrote:
<quoted text>
SN: Can you please clarify who you're talking about in Paragraph 2 (Unfortunately I have been hearing that some of the leading citizens that have been claiming to have done so much lately for Pocola are openly campaigning against this bond issue.)
I don't think you're information is correct on this. The main reason I say that is this - I will preface this comment with stating I probably shouldn't be discussing someone else's vote or opinion - BUT, that said I'm going to, with apologies if I offend BW by doing so.
I saw BW at the store Friday. He was wearing a sticker that said something like "I just voted". Forgetting abt the fact we can vote early I approached him and asked what had he voted on? He explained he had early voted. I took that opportunity to ask him what he thought about this School Tax/ Bond Issue, since personally I didn't agree with all of it.
BW told me he had voted in support of the Tax and was encouraging others to do the exact same. He said just abt what you said, that being the Pocola kids deserve the best facilities and learning environment that we could provide.
& Actually he convinced me to support the tax also.
If there's anyone else you're implying doesn't support this tax then please post who that might be, I'd like a shot at convincing them otherwise.
I wasn't talking about BW....and I'll not be goaded into naming names of folks that I "just heard" about. I know some of you don't believe I check facts but you'd always be wrong. Also I believe that you already know & if not you can certainly find out from the ones you keep supporting on here. MY OPINION ONLY is that what I heard was/is true & I simply want folks to check for themselves.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 31, 2013
Sharon Nugent wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about BW....and I'll not be goaded into naming names of folks that I "just heard" about. I know some of you don't believe I check facts but you'd always be wrong. Also I believe that you already know & if not you can certainly find out from the ones you keep supporting on here. MY OPINION ONLY is that what I heard was/is true & I simply want folks to check for themselves.
LMAO! Watch out for the high horse, it's a long fall to the ground :)

I can see your following the adage of since you say you don't wanna repeat gossip folks best listen close the first time.
Sharon Nugent

United States

#9 Mar 31, 2013
Glad I could give you a laugh to finish your day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spiro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption in Muldrow from police to judge Jun 27 mountain cling 7
Looking for Manny Alvarez is he still with tara Jun '16 SLT 1
Lookin for a friend Jun '16 SLT 1
News Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) May '16 Truth 56
Muldrow Chief of Police May '16 Toro 2
Roland embezzler sentenced (Aug '15) Apr '16 140K and Vacation 6
Sequoyah County Law--SMH! (Mar '15) Mar '16 Walkingdead 11

Spiro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spiro Mortgages