Undocumented get college OK

Undocumented get college OK

There are 44 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Undocumented get college OK. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Under a new statewide policy, students may not be denied access to community colleges because they entered the country illegally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
irene

Bedford, OH

#1 Nov 27, 2007
why do they pay out-of-state tuition? they should be paying the fees that international students are paying. I would assume it is more than out-of-state.
USDefender

Lizella, GA

#2 Nov 27, 2007
This is really a studpid move. Illegal resident aliens have no right to work in this country.
Essentially what the commnunity college system is saying is " We thumb our noses at the genuine American and North Carolina Citizen."
ICE will put the system on a watch list to collect illegals for deportment.
In the United States, and the last time I looked, that included North Carolina, there should be no such thing as an undocumented alien. If there is, that person is subject to U.S. Coded Immmigration law, and therefore subject to immediate deportation.
Educators need to learn the laws of the nation and not work to circumvent and ignore them. What in the world are you thinking? This is a recipe for pain, disaster, and more expense to the U.S. Citizen!
Hunter

Morganton, NC

#3 Nov 28, 2007
ALL bureaucrats of the community college system, who allow this should be IMMEDIATELY FIRED by the 'governor' or the citizens!!!

THIS is an OUTRAGE!!! I will be on the telephone when they open this morning!!! We need your telephoned outrage TOO!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 28, 2007
They don't pay any tution under the Learn to Earn program. This has got to be the most screwed up state in America. I guess these highly educated professors are teaching them how to take the rest of the jobs here and continue to bleed the system.
Peter Fitz

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2007
As I understand it, anyone over 18, or a high school grad can attend CC
The anount of tuition is listed, but is not collected in full in most cases (free tuition)
Like there is no free lunch, there is no free tuition,
WE the taxpayer are picking up the tab

BUILD THE FENCE
Andrew Dunn

Casar, NC

#6 Nov 28, 2007
This type of supremacist ruling (if it isn't stopped) will open the door for supremacist judges to invent laws that illegal aliens living in North Carolina ARE entitled to in-state tuition and even taxpayer-funded scholarships. The globalists are determined to force "comprehensive immigration reform" on us piece-meal. As we're seeing now, the mischief is at work at the state level - we must stop it! Please go to the NC House of Representatives website and the NC Senate website, find your Rep. and Senator and tell them how disgusted you are with this decision and want to see it stopped. There is NOTHING in our Constitution that says we have to admit illegal aliens into our taxpayer-funded community colleges.
MRS Gerber

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2007
This is the same thing Susan Fisher was pushing a while back
As we can all see, she is still here

When they do you wrong, vote them out

“Fourth Estate = Fifth Column”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 Nov 28, 2007
Again, the fault is at the feet of liberals and democrats. They're the ones that go for this stuff.
Jim Bob

Manteo, NC

#9 Nov 28, 2007
Libs and dems want to change rename Asheville 'Guadalajara,' and outlaw bread of any kind except tortillas.
lokel

Weaverville, NC

#10 Nov 28, 2007
Hunter wrote:
ALL bureaucrats of the community college system, who allow this should be IMMEDIATELY FIRED by the 'governor' or the citizens!!!
THIS is an OUTRAGE!!! I will be on the telephone when they open this morning!!! We need your telephoned outrage TOO!
The GOVERNOR is who enacted this crap when he was the Attorney General of NC!

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 28, 2007
Andrew Dunn wrote:
This type of supremacist ruling (if it isn't stopped) will open the door for supremacist judges to invent laws that illegal aliens living in North Carolina ARE entitled to in-state tuition and even taxpayer-funded scholarships. The globalists are determined to force "comprehensive immigration reform" on us piece-meal. As we're seeing now, the mischief is at work at the state level - we must stop it! Please go to the NC House of Representatives website and the NC Senate website, find your Rep. and Senator and tell them how disgusted you are with this decision and want to see it stopped. There is NOTHING in our Constitution that says we have to admit illegal aliens into our taxpayer-funded community colleges.
And as taxpayers, we do have a say-so, so use that right (while you still have it) and do as Andrew here suggests!!!!!
welcom to San Fran

Indianola, MS

#12 Nov 28, 2007
You gotta love the language....."immediately begin allowing undocumented immigrants to enroll"....are you kidding me? F^%k that bullS$)t you idiot sons of b&@%es. Why not just invite the entire world to enroll in your community college? What on earth has happened to due process, rule of law, being a citizen of the USA. How bout,... " immediately begin denying anyone who can't prove their citizenship rights to ANYTHING!"
Granny

Boone, NC

#13 Nov 28, 2007
It won't be very much longer until we are ruled by a dictator such as Chavez or Fox. Spanish will be the language (it almost is, now). Americans will be second-class citizens (we almost are, now) and it seems there is nothing to be done but write in the paper. We don't even hear about all the illegals here until there is a murder. We hear the employers who hired the illegals, saying what "good workers" they are, "working from sunup to sundown." We are a nation of idiots being led by dictators who KNOW we are idiots and will stand for being run over and stomped on. The laws are a joke. I don't know if an election will stop it, because it is the money behind the candidates that is running things. How did we get into such a horrible mess?
Concerned Citizen

Manteo, NC

#14 Nov 28, 2007
This is horrible! As a mother of 3 young children, I bet by the time my children are old enough for college, all of the loan/grant money that is given to students, will be given to people who are here illegally! Yes...I say illegally! That is what they are. They are here using up our resources; grant/loan money, food stamps, and any thing else they can get their grimey hands on. This has to stop! We as American's must stand up and put a stop to this by getting out there and voting. Keep people out of our offices who are letting junk like this happen. I'm sickened by this. I put myself through college. My husband put himself through his undergraduate degree by "working" while also in school. We are paying back student loans from his doctorate that he earned. I don't mind paying back the student loans knowing that someday the money may be going to help our own children with loans, but just thinking my money is going for people who shouldn't even step foot on American soil sickens me!
IWantMyCountryBa ck

Candler, NC

#15 Nov 28, 2007
Libs and Dems are running Vicente Fox for Mayor of Asheville and demanding siestas in the afternoons.
Freethinker

Chester, SC

#16 Nov 28, 2007
There is no law passed in NC offering college slots to illegal aliens. Might as well say the taxpayer owes them room and board and three squares a day--plus a Porche. A college education is not a necessity. Therefore, it is not up to the taxpayers of NC to fund it.

Citizens have not nor will not ever vote to educate foreign aliens. The liberal Supreme Court in 1982 by 5-4 decision, passed Plyler v. Doe which requires that the U.S. taxpayer--without our consent--must educate anyone K-12 who presents in our schools. However, I don't think there is any stipulation in this ruling that requires that we must teach them English.

This community college ruling is not based in law, and as we all know, these colleges would educate a brick if the taxpayers sent the money. There is also a 1993 law that requires states that provide ANYTHING to aliens to first be provided to ALL CITIZENS. Therefore, no more out-of-state tuition for citizens who were unlucky enough to be dragged across a state line when they were children.

Call the community college system, call your representatives. Let them know you did not nor will not EVER support such treason.
Ghost Dog

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2007
Big business is driving this, they want better educated illegals to oversee the less educated illegals and this will lower the salaries of the supervisors and mean more profits for the corporations. Reagan opened the door for all this mess by pardoning over 3 million illegals, sending a message to their friends and families. He started busting the unions and awarding big contracts to his friends in Big business. This is a republican program for the "Globalist" viewpoint, the "New World Order" pushed by the Bushes and their friends. Democrats and liberals simply have "good" and caring hearts and want to help everyone and get used by the system created to help "Big Business" get their cheap labor and make more profits. The republicans don't care about the middle class or the lower paid workers who are US citizens, they just want a cheap labor pool and using the system to provide some with better educations only helps their agenda.
Jim Bob

Manteo, NC

#18 Nov 28, 2007
Dems and Libs want jalapeno peppers as a mandatory ingredient in baby formula.

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Sep 07

United States

#19 Nov 28, 2007
“We’re educating people who cannot work here”

Ya think?

Why are tax payers paying the tuition for people who are not ENTITLED to be employed in the US?
Freethinker

Chester, SC

#20 Nov 28, 2007
Do "jobs Americans won't do" require college educations? Didn't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spindale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Sentenced For Store Clerk's Murder (Jul '07) Aug 28 Kay 3
Wilbert Plastics Aug 26 Tanker 5
Tri Cities Mall Aug 25 JLP 2
Word of Faith and Rutherford County (Sep '10) Aug 24 Steve 15
Airport Authority shady dealings (Sep '13) Aug 24 b-rad rufftown guy 2
Whatever Happened... Aug 5 jcc 4
David James/ James motors Jul '15 Looking for u 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spindale Mortgages