Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TGA

Fayetteville, NC

#56574 Jul 3, 2014
This actually all started back in the 80's when furniture was still booming in Caldwell County. Broyhill actually planned and started a housing development for Hispanics.
The plan was to import low wage workers, give them credit against future wages,sell them a house and effectively make them indentured servants to the company. The plan was quietly abandoned due to local political opposition then and the final realization that they, in their desperation, would actually come here for nothing other that hope. When it was realized that you do not have to pay matching social security payments on them, the dye was cast.
I remember a midnight connector flight from LAX to ATL as late as 2006. Over 200 illegals boarded my flight with no security checks ,no papers, no passports, no luggage or carry- on, wearing t-shirts,jeans and tennis shoes. Their mule translated for them and directed them into seats. It was snowing in ATL. My guess is that some manufacturer or farmers had paid their airfare and bought off security at both airports..
Victoria wrote:
The truth about amnesty. Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions of undocumented immigrants. George W. Bush wanted to open the borders to provide cheap labor for his republican business owners/supporters.
President Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than both Bush presidents combined.
Republican administrations let them in and then their voters whine about them once they are here.
Democrats recognize the need for immigration reform. Republicans just want to stick their empty heads in the sand, point fingers and whine.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56575 Jul 3, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I remember studying it. Perhaps you should spend some time educating Rock. He's the one who needs it.
"The Persian Boy is a 1972 historical novel written by Mary Renault and narrated by Bagoas, a young Persian from an aristocratic family who is captured by his father's enemies, castrated, and sold as a slave to the king Darius III, who makes him his favorite. Eventually he becomes the lover and most faithful servant of Alexander the Great, who overthrew Darius and captured the Persian Empire. "
"The book, published in 1972, provides a sympathetic portrait of homosexual love. The Persian Boy is notable for its depiction of the tradition of pederasty in ancient Greece, where relationships between adult men and adolescent boys were celebrated. In the novel, Bagoas is 15 years old when he begins his relationship with Alexander (then about 26). Renault depicts the attachment as lasting until Alexander's death, when Bagoas would have been about 22."
Again, you're wrong. I said homosexual MARRIAGE; not just some tumble in the sheets with two Macedonians.Everyone with a smattering of historical knowledge knows that gay sex did not = gay marriage. Try again tenderfoot.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56576 Jul 3, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Just the opposite of the movie " 300".
I guess the movie makers didn't want people to know the real Spartan history.
I have no idea what the movie 300 is. I was just referring to books that I've read.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56577 Jul 3, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoughtless, irrational and emotional....and yet FAR more intelligent than anything you've ever written here.
And yet, you still did not answer the question. Goofball. Go reflect on your silliness and slap that dunce cap on good and hard.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56578 Jul 3, 2014
TGA wrote:
What is pathetic is all the working class republicans voting for the bastards who have done this to them (with some democrat help).
<quoted text>
Very little Democratic help. If working class Americans would support the only party who looks out for them, i.e., the Democratic party, Democrats would not be forced into working with the idiots in the Republican party who screw over working class Americans.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#56579 Jul 3, 2014
TGA wrote:
This actually all started back in the 80's when furniture was still booming in Caldwell County. Broyhill actually planned and started a housing development for Hispanics.
The plan was to import low wage workers, give them credit against future wages,sell them a house and effectively make them indentured servants to the company. The plan was quietly abandoned due to local political opposition then and the final realization that they, in their desperation, would actually come here for nothing other that hope. When it was realized that you do not have to pay matching social security payments on them, the dye was cast.
I remember a midnight connector flight from LAX to ATL as late as 2006. Over 200 illegals boarded my flight with no security checks ,no papers, no passports, no luggage or carry- on, wearing t-shirts,jeans and tennis shoes. Their mule translated for them and directed them into seats. It was snowing in ATL. My guess is that some manufacturer or farmers had paid their airfare and bought off security at both airports..
<quoted text>
Yup. The TSA molests grandma and feels up 6 year olds at the airport, but absolute strangers get a free pass... Because... Immigration... Because... Amurikka...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56580 Jul 3, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Again, you're wrong. I said homosexual MARRIAGE; not just some tumble in the sheets with two Macedonians.Everyone with a smattering of historical knowledge knows that gay sex did not = gay marriage. Try again tenderfoot.
Yeah, I knew that you would jump on that trivial bit of RW BS to try and remove yourself from the ignorant comments you made. There were homosexual relationships that were ACCEPTED in society at that time. THAT is the point.

You have no historical knowledge of anything. You BS your way through every discussion, pretending you know what you are talking about when you do not. What comes through loud & clear is your bigotry and your narrow mindedness about everything and everyone who is not as simpleminded & hateful as you are.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56581 Jul 3, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Yup. The TSA molests grandma and feels up 6 year olds at the airport, but absolute strangers get a free pass... Because... Immigration... Because... Amurikka...
Now if that isn't the comment of a drunk I don't know what is.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#56582 Jul 3, 2014
"If there were some way of contriving that a state or an army should be made up of lovers and their beloved, they would be the very best governors of their own city, abstaining from all dishonor,and emulating one another in honor, and when fighting at each other's side, although a mere handful, they would overcome the world. For what lover would not choose rather to be seen by all mankind than by his beloved, either when abandoning his post, or throwing away his arms?
He would be ready to die a thousand deaths, rather than endure this. Or who would desert his beloved, or fail him, in the hour of danger? "
PLATO
The Band of Thebes, famous for defeating the Spartans in a major battle, was made up of male lovers.
They were gay.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56583 Jul 3, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> And yet, you still did not answer the question. Goofball. Go reflect on your silliness and slap that dunce cap on good and hard.
There was no question. It was you just attacking someone.

I responded to YOU, doing what you usually do...which is attack someone because they aren't as STUPID, as HATEFUL, and as NARROW-MINDED as you are.

“Vote”

Houston

#56584 Jul 3, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what the movie 300 is. I was just referring to books that I've read.
In that movie, Spartans were shown to be contemptuous of men who loved men.
The opposite was true.
That was my only point.

“Vote”

Houston

#56585 Jul 3, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> Again, you're wrong. I said homosexual MARRIAGE; not just some tumble in the sheets with two Macedonians.Everyone with a smattering of historical knowledge knows that gay sex did not = gay marriage. Try again tenderfoot.
You're right, and wrong.
The Spartans, Thebans and other fighters in those warrior states did marry women, to produce heirs, and more soldiers.
But in many cases, they considered their male relationships to be by far the most meaningful.
History.
Don't leave home without it.
I remember reading about this years ago, I must admit it surprised me greatly.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56586 Jul 3, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> In that movie, Spartans were shown to be contemptuous of men who loved men.
The opposite was true.
That was my only point.
I see. Was it a good movie? I love historical movies. Even if they aren't factually correct.

I remember reading about how the Spartans would take these young men out on the battlefield with them....for their time off, so to speak. It wasn't considered bad, or wrong....it was just accepted.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#56587 Jul 3, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're right, and wrong.
The Spartans, Thebans and other fighters in those warrior states did marry women, to produce heirs, and more soldiers.
But in many cases, they considered their male relationships to be by far the most meaningful.
History.
Don't leave home without it.
I remember reading about this years ago, I must admit it surprised me greatly.
He won't like your answer. He will nitpick it to death. He'll say they weren't MEN marrying MEN.....but just men doing what he does with other men on a regular basis.

:)
TGA

Fayetteville, NC

#56588 Jul 3, 2014
I agree. I was referring to the 92 NAFTA debacle in which the voter count clearly shows that NAFTA could not have passed without democrat help. I cannot comprehend how working republicans fail to see the the disconnect between what republican politicians say and what they actually do to harm workers. A working person voting republican is like chickens voting for Colonel l Sanders.
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Very little Democratic help. If working class Americans would support the only party who looks out for them, i.e., the Democratic party, Democrats would not be forced into working with the idiots in the Republican party who screw over working class Americans.
TGA

Fayetteville, NC

#56589 Jul 3, 2014
Beware of Greeks wearing Trojans.):
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't like your answer. He will nitpick it to death. He'll say they weren't MEN marrying MEN.....but just men doing what he does with other men on a regular basis.
TGA

Fayetteville, NC

#56590 Jul 3, 2014
A new poll shows congress approval rating at 4%,+ or - 4%. So t could be that not a single person in the USA approves of the job congress is doing. On the other hand, I could be as high as 8%
My guess is closer to zero.

“Vote”

Houston

#56591 Jul 4, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!

“Vote”

Houston

#56592 Jul 4, 2014
TGA wrote:
A new poll shows congress approval rating at 4%,+ or - 4%. So t could be that not a single person in the USA approves of the job congress is doing. On the other hand, I could be as high as 8%
My guess is closer to zero.
You mean you don't approve of people being paid top dollar, with the best medical care on the planet, f*****g the hell out of everybody?
Communist!!
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#56593 Jul 4, 2014
Victoria wrote:
"Specifically, why didn't ANY past civilizations: advocate, support or celebrate homosexual marriage?"
Uh.....duh......ummmmmm.....be cause those 'past civilizations' were not as intelligent as we are?
Because there was a time when this STUPID AMERICAN "civilization" didn't even let women vote?
Because there was a time when this STUPID COUNTRY was so freaking UNcivilized that they kept human beings as slaves?
Because an INTELLIGENT civilization makes changes to correct the mistakes they have made in the past?
And civilized people don't listen to RW cavemen who think things were just freaking dandy back in 1842 and we should do everything possible to return to that time.
Civilized people realize that it's time to progress and not continue to force a huge number of decent people to live like second class citizens.
Thank you. Talk about Independence? This is it's day. This is the day to re-commit to the freedom and choice of EVERY citizen, not just those who we agree with or want to have it. This is the day to celebrate that the fight is not yet done that had it's beginning in Constitution Hall many years ago with the concept of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but realize there is still work to be done today. This is a day to celebrate that in the America that we love, there will some day be NO second class citizens, and one day when we recite the pledge of allegience there truly will be a land " with liberty and justice for ALL." Maybe I won't live to see it, but it is my fervent hope that my childeren and grandchildren will. May God bless the land that I love, and may you have a wonderful day celebrating it's possibilities. Happy and safe 4th to you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spindale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) May '16 R Hester 14
Flea market or Farmers market Apr '16 SunStarGirl 2
Jinxypie Mar '16 homeboy 1
Did Anyone Get Kilt in Your Tornado (Jan '12) Dec '15 Redneck 2
Wilbert Plastics (Mar '15) Nov '15 Reen 9
Tri Cities Mall (Jun '15) Nov '15 caruthers 3
News NC church members facing charges in beating of ... (Dec '14) Jan '15 just curious 12

Spindale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spindale Mortgages