Good Samaritan motorist bound, robbed...

Good Samaritan motorist bound, robbed in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 32 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 14, 2011, titled Good Samaritan motorist bound, robbed in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A passing motorist who stopped to help who he thought was a stranded motorist late Tuesday near Spencerville was bound and robbed, law enforcement officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dude

Columbus, OH

#21 Apr 14, 2011
The woman was 5'4" and 165. Not stopping.
Plus, almost everyone has a cell phone and a bunch of people have Triple A. Help yourself.
westside

Chillicothe, OH

#23 Apr 14, 2011
Snoopy Snoopy Poop Dog wrote:
So why is race mentioned so early in the story? Is the writer trying to tell us that the only reason he stopped to help is because they were white? I am fine with it in the description of the suspects, but the earlier reference makes no journalistic sense at all.
i did'nt notice that until you said it. i did'nt see it say if mr.smith was white or black. but maybe nothing was meant by it.i dont think they say the race of someone that quick on an amber alert.oh well, i dont care what race it is. helping someone is helping someone.
ExFarmBoy

Westerville, OH

#24 Apr 14, 2011
Awesome. Some people should be caged like animals for their brutality. I know the US has the largest prison population but clearly these people do not belong free in society.
Serious

Columbus, OH

#25 Apr 14, 2011
I never stop unless I'm armed. One of the benefits of the CCW law, since I stop and help people quite often that I wouldn't have helped before
Kasey

Westerville, OH

#26 Apr 14, 2011
Snoopy Snoopy Poop Dog wrote:
So why is race mentioned so early in the story? Is the writer trying to tell us that the only reason he stopped to help is because they were white? I am fine with it in the description of the suspects, but the earlier reference makes no journalistic sense at all.
I may have just been a discriptive comment and not a racial remark.
OSUCLASSIFIEDSDO TCOM

United States

#27 Apr 14, 2011
Sad situation because of this. I will never stop for anyone again. I'm sure we will see more of these crimes ahead considering the economy will continue to Free fall
sad

Columbus, OH

#28 Apr 14, 2011
no good deed goes unpunished....
steve langford

Galloway, OH

#29 Apr 14, 2011
Danburyman wrote:
think Gary did it!
Ba Ba Booey?
watcher

Greensboro, NC

#30 Apr 15, 2011
So we are looking for ths skinny guy with the fat girl. What is new. that just described 90% of the couples out there.

I hope they catch them and hit them on the head in return and take the care for restitution. Then turn them lose, no jail time at our expense. maybe let the victim punch them each two times, thats it.
molly

Saint Marys, OH

#31 Apr 15, 2011
First of all i know the person that this happened to, and some of you boil this down to race!!!!! No he didnt stop because they were WHITE!!! He would have stopped to help anyone broke down on the side of the road. Shame on you people for thinking like that.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#32 Apr 15, 2011
molly wrote:
First of all i know the person that this happened to, and some of you boil this down to race!!!!! No he didnt stop because they were WHITE!!! He would have stopped to help anyone broke down on the side of the road. Shame on you people for thinking like that.
uhm, I think the comments regarding race were questioning why the reporter felt the need to say the "stranded motorists" were white at all. It makes sense down at the bottom of the article - where he describes them so that if anyone has info they can ID them, but it did not makes sense at the top of the article where the reporter was merely explaining what happened.

So, relax.
cj

United States

#33 Mar 4, 2012
Hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OD at DG? Sep '17 Curious and Conce... 1
News Pennington pleads innocent (Jan '08) May '17 Guywhowasthere 29
Election Who do you support for State House in Ohio (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar '17 State pharrt 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Mar '17 You pharrt 16
News Sandra Noggler (May '08) Mar '17 HER DAUGHTER CORA 7
Sandy Heffner (Oct '15) Oct '15 My friend 1
mysterious hum (Sep '15) Sep '15 hummer 2

Spencerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerville Mortgages