Good Samaritan motorist bound, robbed...

Good Samaritan motorist bound, robbed in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 32 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 14, 2011, titled Good Samaritan motorist bound, robbed in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A passing motorist who stopped to help who he thought was a stranded motorist late Tuesday near Spencerville was bound and robbed, law enforcement officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
westside

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Apr 14, 2011
i hope the catch these bumm's,or they overdose on drugs. carma is a you know.don't worry mr. smith the'll get there's.
Too bad

Westerville, OH

#2 Apr 14, 2011
Guess what they say is true, no good dead goes unpunished.
Waste Sucks

Jackson, OH

#3 Apr 14, 2011
"Most people wouldn't stop," Everett said. "There are kind-hearted people out there. He stopped and this happened to him."

Hence why most people wouldn't stop.

Pretty sad really that these two people are basically ruining human decency for a few bucks and a cell phone.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 14, 2011
How horrible. These kind of stories are so depressing. It used to be, if you saw a disabled car, you stopped to help. You really didn't think much about it, that is just what people did. Now no one wants to stop and you can see why!
hey

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2011
People suck...
NurseMeg

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 14, 2011
This is exactly why I never stop to help. Sorry.
common sense

Columbus, OH

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Ok, then WHY do people have so much compassion for criminals? Someone explain it to me because these people are animals period, and they are RUINING it for ALL of us! Kindhearted is sweet but often could get you killed.

Rule of thuumb: If you really want to help call the police for them, do not get out of your vehicle especially at night and alone PERIOD.
Gary

United States

#8 Apr 14, 2011
Fishy.
Danburyman

Port Clinton, OH

#9 Apr 14, 2011
think Gary did it!
observer

Miami Beach, FL

#10 Apr 14, 2011
common sense wrote:
Ok, then WHY do people have so much compassion for criminals? Someone explain it to me because these people are animals period, and they are RUINING it for ALL of us! Kindhearted is sweet but often could get you killed.
Rule of thuumb: If you really want to help call the police for them, do not get out of your vehicle especially at night and alone PERIOD.
I have to agree totally with your comment, most people now days have cell phones and can call for help themselves, but just in case if you see someone you think might be stranded note location and call into the police they will arrive and handle the situation.
Carmi

Columbus, OH

#11 Apr 14, 2011
I guess this is the way some people get their kicks on rte 66.
Balls Deep

Grove City, OH

#12 Apr 14, 2011
I hope he got thier plate numbers!
Ann Richard

AOL

#13 Apr 14, 2011
I hope they find these scumbags and sentence them to the letter of the law. Personally, I feel the "death penalty" is too good for these brainless people. How sad that they had Indiana plates(probably stolen auto) because this is my home state. Sock it to 'em, when you catch them, better yet let me dole out the punishment.
4xtra

Acworth, GA

#14 Apr 14, 2011
Gary wrote:
Fishy.
FISHY??
How is that?
Duh

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 14, 2011
common sense wrote:
Umm he didn't know they were criminals when he stopped to help.
4xtra

Acworth, GA

#16 Apr 14, 2011
this type of stuff RARELY happens but I have helped 100+ stranded all over the country and NEVER had a problem.....
PhahQueh

Westerville, OH

#17 Apr 14, 2011
I will continue to stop and help... Sucks for this dude, but humanity and kindness are going down the crapper on the US roads.
westside

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Apr 14, 2011
common sense wrote:
only people i know that has compassion for criminal's are lawyer's.i'm not going to stop helping people because of some low life. i trust my gut feeling and take it from there. you might save somebody's life by pulling over and or at least see.it also could be the other way around. the broke down person could be a victim. something good will be paid back to him for tring to help.
Snoopy Snoopy Poop Dog

Kaysville, UT

#19 Apr 14, 2011
So why is race mentioned so early in the story? Is the writer trying to tell us that the only reason he stopped to help is because they were white? I am fine with it in the description of the suspects, but the earlier reference makes no journalistic sense at all.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Apr 14, 2011
Snoopy Snoopy Poop Dog wrote:
So why is race mentioned so early in the story? Is the writer trying to tell us that the only reason he stopped to help is because they were white? I am fine with it in the description of the suspects, but the earlier reference makes no journalistic sense at all.
That jumped out at me, too. They describe the people later on, so it was weird that they mention it at the top.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandy Heffner (Oct '15) Oct '15 My friend 1
mysterious hum (Sep '15) Sep '15 hummer 2
News 7 cases heard in Common Pleas Court (Jul '15) Sep '15 Pope Rush Says 24
News Route 127 Garage Sale participants encouraged t... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Pope Rush says 7
THEFT on 117 out in the country (Aug '15) Aug '15 shana3elbstiles 1
News Motorcyclist injured in Van Wert County (Aug '14) Jul '15 ex hd rider 3
Debate: Marijuana - Spencerville, OH (Aug '10) Jul '15 Jmitch 3

Spencerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerville Mortgages