Smoking ban enforced

Smoking ban enforced

There are 8 comments on the The Daily Herald story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Smoking ban enforced. In it, The Daily Herald reports that:

Smoking violations include smoking inside a building, ashtrays present in a business and smoke infiltration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Herald.

anonymous

Lima, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2008
How sad this really is. We can send americans to die for our country but yet can't give americans the right to smoke. What a sad way for our government to control us. Amongst all the other things in the U.S. happening why must people wonder why a person can be so mentally challenged with todays society. Could go on and on but ya get the point. Yes I know someone will argue about this but another reason why it is the way it is.
bob

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 15, 2008
ok
Spencerville OH

Minster, OH

#4 Aug 10, 2009
The thing is, just because you smoke, why force that smoke upon others? Some are allergic, some can't stand the smell, others are dying from years of smoking, and others still are trying in vain to keep thier children safe from cigarette smoke. You have no right to force another to inhale your cigarette smoke. Talk about injustice! Now get this: I'm a smoker. I've smoked for the past 20 years and have no intention of quitting any time soon, but nevertheless, it wouldn't be okay for me to smoke in my home where my innocent children with clean lungs live. Nor would it be right for me to blow smoke in the air of other people's children, or someone sitting near me at an eating establishment. It's forced smoking. Come on, recognize it, accept it, and keep your smoke in your own body.
Seesall

United States

#5 Aug 10, 2009
Spencerville OH wrote:
The thing is, just because you smoke, why force that smoke upon others? Some are allergic, some can't stand the smell, others are dying from years of smoking, and others still are trying in vain to keep thier children safe from cigarette smoke. You have no right to force another to inhale your cigarette smoke. Talk about injustice! Now get this: I'm a smoker. I've smoked for the past 20 years and have no intention of quitting any time soon, but nevertheless, it wouldn't be okay for me to smoke in my home where my innocent children with clean lungs live. Nor would it be right for me to blow smoke in the air of other people's children, or someone sitting near me at an eating establishment. It's forced smoking. Come on, recognize it, accept it, and keep your smoke in your own body.
I agree to an extent, you do have the responsibility to not hurt other individuals when you smoke. Private clubs have members to vote on bylaws and whatever the members vote on should be carried out. However the government has no right to step into a private club on an issue such as this. Besides, look at their war on drugs that they have spent trillions on over the decades and their still losing that war. How the hell can anybody think they can win or enforce this issue.
wow21

Lima, OH

#6 Nov 1, 2013
I need a cigarette
Nick Beard

Marysville, OH

#7 Nov 2, 2013
Have fun paying to government to die a slow painful death.
Smokers

Delphos, OH

#8 Nov 3, 2013
I don't smoke but you should have the right to do so! I don't smoke and I can always not visit a place that has smokers or stand up wind.... you guys don't bother me!!!!

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#9 Nov 3, 2013
Spencerville OH wrote:
I disagree 100%. If you don't like where people are smoking, stay away from those places. This isn't the 70's anymore where everybody smokes everywhere you go. The number of establishments nowadays where smoking would be tolerated by the owner is so small, the only people that would complain would be the A-holes that go into these places just to make a point in furthering their agenda.

The dangers of second hand smoke have been way overblown by the smoking nazis. My grandma was around smokers her whole life and lived well into her 90's with no ill health effects.

And I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has never smoked!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Route 127 Garage Sale participants encouraged t... Aug 7 Pope Rush says 7
THEFT on 117 out in the country Aug 3 shana3elbstiles 1
News 7 cases heard in Common Pleas Court Jul '15 Pope Rush says 3
News Motorcyclist injured in Van Wert County (Aug '14) Jul '15 ex hd rider 3
Debate: Marijuana - Spencerville, OH (Aug '10) Jul '15 Jmitch 3
just moved here to spencerville oh Jul '15 Jmitch 5
farmers market Jun '15 cindy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerville Mortgages