Tony Cenzi of Cenzi Custom Cycles=mot...

Tony Cenzi of Cenzi Custom Cycles=motorcycle safety "NOT"

Posted in the Spencerport Forum

stugots37

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2007
Tony Cenzi of Cenzi Custom Cycles, aka CC Cycles, fancies himself as an advocate for motorcycle safety awareness. He was quoted in a Rnews article (May 25,2005), written by Rocco Ventuccio, "Car drivers should watch out for bikes because they are hard to see. Be alert, they will be on the road come springtime and summer. Same thing for motorcyclists, they must realize the cars may not see them. Give yourself enough room in case you do get into a problem and you can get out of it". LOL!!! Some sound advice coming from a man who delivered a motorcycle to me that came WITHOUT turn signals, a horn, and a speedometer!, which I had paid for 4 months prior to the bikes so called completion. Just to note, during our Lemon Law Arbitration Aug 06, which I won the decision v. CC Cycles, it was documented in the Summary of Evidence, that Tony Cenzi did not know that a speedometer is a required instrument in NYS (still laughing). Also, try riding a chopper with ape hangers using turning hand signals. Just buy a cycle from Tony Cenzi and you just might have to, I did.
oldrider

New York, NY

#2 Sep 2, 2007
stugots37 wrote:
Tony Cenzi of Cenzi Custom Cycles, aka CC Cycles, fancies himself as an advocate for motorcycle safety awareness. He was quoted in a Rnews article (May 25,2005), written by Rocco Ventuccio, "Car drivers should watch out for bikes because they are hard to see. Be alert, they will be on the road come springtime and summer. Same thing for motorcyclists, they must realize the cars may not see them. Give yourself enough room in case you do get into a problem and you can get out of it". LOL!!! Some sound advice coming from a man who delivered a motorcycle to me that came WITHOUT turn signals, a horn, and a speedometer!, which I had paid for 4 months prior to the bikes so called completion. Just to note, during our Lemon Law Arbitration Aug 06, which I won the decision v. CC Cycles, it was documented in the Summary of Evidence, that Tony Cenzi did not know that a speedometer is a required instrument in NYS (still laughing). Also, try riding a chopper with ape hangers using turning hand signals. Just buy a cycle from Tony Cenzi and you just might have to, I did.
So tell me, was this a custom build for you and you had full input to how the bike would look and ride? because you sound surprised that the bike didn't come with certain things a chopper does not use.(thats the purpose of a chopper, to remove what you don't want)also are you saying your bike came with apehangers and you didn't know it? What I'm getting at is this, did you work with Tony as to how you wanted the bike to look and what parts you did or did not want on your bike because I think he would build you anything you want. Maybe there's more to this story than what you have written.
Thanks
oldrider

Since: Jul 07

Webster, NY

#3 Sep 4, 2007
oldrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me, was this a custom build for you and you had full input to how the bike would look and ride? because you sound surprised that the bike didn't come with certain things a chopper does not use.(thats the purpose of a chopper, to remove what you don't want)also are you saying your bike came with apehangers and you didn't know it? What I'm getting at is this, did you work with Tony as to how you wanted the bike to look and what parts you did or did not want on your bike because I think he would build you anything you want. Maybe there's more to this story than what you have written.
Thanks
oldrider
Not really oldrider, see I got the turn signals and horn as required by my instructions, before and during the build, a month after the bike was delivered. I had to use hand signals for the first month and 1/2. These items were required by me and paid for, my gut feeling tells me since the items were not available during the build, they were just not ordered in a timely fashion, they are nothing special, I had asked to see receipts and purchase orders to see when they had been ordered, but was not granted this request. Same thing had happened to my buddy who had Cenzi build him a bike that summer, our builds were both late, 2 months later than the promised delivery date, and his throttle grip slipped off the bars into his hand on the way home on Monroe Ave, he used his bandana wrapped around the bar to make it home and tighten it down. He was furious!!! Believe what you want, I have a receipt for the delivery date, and receipts for the installation of the horn and turn signals later...choppers are chopped down I know, but I also want to be safe on the road...its not worth my life just to look cool
oldrider

New York, NY

#4 Sep 4, 2007
Understood!
So do you still own the bike and if so how is the workmanship? Other than the speedo/turn signal problems were there other things you thought were unsafe?
Thanks
oldrider

Webster, NY

#5 Sep 5, 2007
Well, I do own the bike, actually its beautiful and will turn heads, but, and a big but, its a trailor queen, it won't run, hasn't since last year. Fortunately, S&S contacted me recently, and offered to pay for the plug fouling diagnosis at local shop that they recommended. The engine, 93" shovelhead (brand new), runs rich, its been leaned down 4 times, so there is more issues, and the builder doesn't have the mechanical knowledge to fix the bike, so its going to a guy who can rebuild engines. Hopefully, in 2008 I can actually enjoy the bike. I have the lemon law decision, a monroe county court judgment in my favor, but the debtor decided to neglect the rulings, not much can be done, however, its a lein against the man personally, not his business, and will never go away....actually I rather have a working cycle, its what I wanted when I sought him out to build it, but if it won't run correctly, then it would be nice to have my monies back so I can go elsewhere, I'm not trying to be vindictive, just wish people would take control of their responsibilities and do the right thing, no matter if it hurts your pride or not...maybe this mech., that its going to next week, will be able to correct the fouling out problems, and all of this aggravation will go away...the bike was built with top shelf components, so the issues don't make sense, it will just need to go to the right mech. to straighten it all out. If you want to see the bike go to www.cenzicustomcycles.com ; Originals; Old School; "the Duke" (black & silver flames)
oldrider

New York, NY

#6 Sep 19, 2007
I took a look, nice bike! I've been working on Harleys and after market for some time and have run into the over rich condition before. If you need another opinion let me know and I'll share what I know.

Webster, NY

#7 Sep 19, 2007
Fire away, having a small problem borrowing a trailer to get this up north to the shop that S&S will pay for the diagnostic testing, always open to opinions...
oldrider

New York, NY

#8 Sep 19, 2007
OK, I'll need some information from you to point me in the proper direction.
1)What type of ignition system is on the bike
(example,Crane Hi-4 etc)
2)What type of carb (S&S super E or G or some other brand)
3) What size jets are currently in the carb.
4) Currently what other adjustments if any have been made to the carb.
5)What cam is in the bike
6)What exhaust system is on the bike. Is it baffeled? or open pipes.What is the inside diameter of the pipes. Does the exhaust smoke, if so what color and does it smoke under load or no load.
7)When the bike is running, does it run hot? Like can you cook eggs on the heads when its up to temp or is it cooler than that.
8)Does the oil come up to temp? Does the oil tank get really hot or less than that?
9)When you check the plugs what color are they?
Are they "wet" (gas or oil smell)
10)How long does it take to foul the plugs?
You stated that the carb was leaned down a number of times, can you tell me what was done?
11)When the bike runs-how does it run? Does it backfire,etc. explain
12)Does it leak any oil from the breather upon startup?(after sitting for a while).(wet sumping can force oil past the piston rings)
13)When you rev the engine does it return to idle rather quickly or does it slowly idle down.(like if you blip the throttle quickly)
Thanks
oldrider
conserned customer

Johnsonville, SC

#9 Sep 20, 2007
I also bought a bike from Tony Cenzi of custom cycles,akaCC Cycles,These bikes are very poorly made and he never delivers them on the time he says he will!! He has been robbing peter to pay paul since he opened his doors!buer be ware!!!!!
stugots37 wrote:

Webster, NY

#10 Sep 20, 2007
I'm getting tired of ripping on Cenzi Customs, its like shooting fish (Tony and friends) in a barrel; I'm focusing on fixing the bike and accepting my losses. Two(2) points are being made clear 1. Tony Cenzi has a civil judgment leaning against him, and it doesn't matter who did or said what, he lost in court, end of story, and he is ignoring the ruling. 2. Tony makes it obviously clear that if he is your buddy he will do whatever it takes to make you happy, but if you are just an everyday walk-in customer, he might just take you for your money and then "screw you", leaving you with taking your bike to a real mechanic's shop for repair, and I personally know others who have Cenzi cycles and have sworn never to go back, they rather pay the extra money... To be a successful business owner and operator, you must treat every customer like a brother, if you pick and choose, you just might find yourself in court or worse, Going out of business....No wonder why he had to get a business partner (Mark's Truck and Boat Center in Churchville) to become the real money behind the operation, and wonder why Cenzi hasn't filed a DBA? for his business. I'm soooo surprised when that tidbit was exposed during this process....And to all in the Cenzi Nation and supporters, you can try to threaten me and scare me all you want (other threads), trust me you are just making Tony Cenzi look worse than he already does, and if "Devil driver" is reading this, the only time you'd see my back is if you and I were in a foot race. Rangers lead the way!.

Webster, NY

#11 Sep 20, 2007
oldrider wrote:
OK, I'll need some information from you to point me in the proper direction.
1)What type of ignition system is on the bike
(example,Crane Hi-4 etc)
2)What type of carb (S&S super E or G or some other brand)
3) What size jets are currently in the carb.
4) Currently what other adjustments if any have been made to the carb.
5)What cam is in the bike
6)What exhaust system is on the bike. Is it baffeled? or open pipes.What is the inside diameter of the pipes. Does the exhaust smoke, if so what color and does it smoke under load or no load.
7)When the bike is running, does it run hot? Like can you cook eggs on the heads when its up to temp or is it cooler than that.
8)Does the oil come up to temp? Does the oil tank get really hot or less than that?
9)When you check the plugs what color are they?
Are they "wet" (gas or oil smell)
10)How long does it take to foul the plugs?
You stated that the carb was leaned down a number of times, can you tell me what was done?
11)When the bike runs-how does it run? Does it backfire,etc. explain
12)Does it leak any oil from the breather upon startup?(after sitting for a while).(wet sumping can force oil past the piston rings)
13)When you rev the engine does it return to idle rather quickly or does it slowly idle down.(like if you blip the throttle quickly)
Thanks
oldrider
1. Hi-4
2. Carb. Shorty E Super
3. It was brought in several times for re-jetting, main jet is either 68 or 70.
4. I personally made no changes to the carb.
5. Transmission= 6 speed road max, Primary Drive=BDL
6. Paul Yaffe Super Trapp, shotgun, 2" diameter, baffled. Excessive smoke, flashes at tail end, I'd wipe down bike before driving, when done, the back end is filthy, thick residue on back of frame and wheel.
7. Engine runs very hot, seems excessive.
8. Haven't noticed oil temp, believe this is fine.
9&10. Plugs- put in new plugs, drive 20 miles, black and smell like gas, foul out.
11. Bike will backfire when started, very loud.
12. Oil- don't notice leaking oil, but wipe down before ride, and then build up of oil at base of front engine block, near distributor.
13. Bike won't idle, will stall out, must rev to stay alive, even when hot.

PS...his supporters write that I drive around with choke on (hence my issues), not remotely true, I know better than this. But I stated that once you ease down choke, the bike will stall out, even when hot...Thanks Oldrider
oldrider

New York, NY

#12 Sep 20, 2007
Thanks for the info, now first do you own a compression gauge to check the front and rear cylinders. If so heres how you do it, remove both plugs and put the plugs back in the spark plug wires and lay the plugs on the head for grounding (so the coil doesn't get damaged) place the gauge in one of the holes and open the throttle full and crank it over about 6 to 10 revs with the electric start. Depending on how the engine is set up you should see anywhere from 150psi and up. Do both cylinders. They should be within 5 psi of each other. This will tell you if the rings/valves are ok. If one is lower than the other more than 5 psi then other things need to be checked but first just get the numbers.
Next check the timing - with the Hi-4 all you have to do is get the front cylinder at top dead center (TDC) and then see if the Hi-4 led light is just tripped. If you have the Hi-4 infomation it goes into detail on this but to see if the light is tripped all you have to do is loosen the 2 screws that hold the Hi-4 plate and with the ignition on just slightly rotate the plate in both directions to see if the led light trips (at TDC).It should be very close to its original mounting if it was set right. If it does just lock the screws down and your done as the advance curve for 35 deg advance is built into the Hi-4.Also before you loosen the 2 screws that hold the Hi-4 plate scribe a line on the plate with a corresponding line on the inside surface so you can always go back to its original place if you more the plate and get lost. If you need help with this I can offer to walk you thru it as I have the tools. Let me know and I'll give you my e-mail address and will set up a time to look at it. What I'm getting at here is first you have to establish a baseline of know things that have to be right before any tuning can be done. Also you gave me the main jet size but do you know the intermediate jet size. It could be anywhere from .0265 to .0325.
Thanks
oldrider

Webster, NY

#13 Sep 21, 2007
oldrider- I don't have the required tools to do this job, and the intermediate jet size is unknown to me. I guess I'm a sitting duck. My email is raiders3775@yahoo.com. Your assistance here is very appreciated. Its been very difficult to trust anyone during this standoff.
slimtim

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2007
dont feel bad i had the same problems with my custom i bought from someone else.i dont care what anybody says if you own a custom bike its like owning a race car , you better no how to work on it after eveery ride. dont forget here guys the word CUSTOM !!!!!!! everybody and there brother is a custom builder these days and only about 1 out of 10 no what they are doing.these bikes are rattle traps you must check nuts and bolts weekly , i have had to go over my bike several times with a wrench and locktight.if you dont like doing maint. dont buy a custom period.
Raiders

United States

#15 Sep 27, 2007
"CUSTOM" good point....but when a reputable mechanic in the area scratches his ass and tells you "good luck with this one, I have no idea but wish I could help", the solution is a little more than locktite and a wrench, do you know how to rebuild a engine? I'm getting help on this, but you slimtim can supply the locktite. You should have read my first comment, I stated the bike was delivered w/o a horn, turn signals and speedometer, the bike was not street legal, but was paid for in full 4 months prior to delivery. I'm trying to get away from this forum, but you pulled me right back in. To end this for once, WE WENT TO COURT, TONY CENZI LOST!!! and if he doesn't pony up, fine, I will get this thing fixed, but the judgment will shadow Tony Cenzi forever. Pretty sad when a man claims how great he is, but when he applies for a "Old Navy" card he gets turned down because his credit sunk with the Titanic, yeah, good business man.

Since: Nov 07

United States

#16 Nov 30, 2007
slimtim wrote:
dont feel bad i had the same problems with my custom i bought from someone else.i dont care what anybody says if you own a custom bike its like owning a race car , you better no how to work on it after eveery ride. dont forget here guys the word CUSTOM !!!!!!! everybody and there brother is a custom builder these days and only about 1 out of 10 no what they are doing.these bikes are rattle traps you must check nuts and bolts weekly , i have had to go over my bike several times with a wrench and locktight.if you dont like doing maint. dont buy a custom period.
Hey Tony Cenzi supporters, go to his website ( www.cenzicustomcycles.com ), take a look a my cycle, Old school bikes, he called it the "Duke". Take a look at the front end, notice anything that looks unsafe?!!!...a mechanic pointed this out to me, thats a thick piece of metal located 1" up from the front wheel, and doesn't move with the springer, so a bump in the road could make that ride deadly, the plate will rest against the wheel, another fantastic job of engineering, great job Cenzi.
Jim Abel

United States

#17 May 16, 2014
I gave Tony Cenzi money upfront to work on my Corvette 3-4 years ago. He did some custom work on my Harley's that I was happy with. He keeps telling me he plans on doing the work. The vette is in a million pieces and may not even be at his house. Ya'll know the story, he does not returns calls blah blah blah. He still has my vette btw. I heard he does not even show up for court in some cases.

Do I have any recourse at all?
NOOBS

Newark, NY

#18 May 16, 2014
Any real self respecting rider does his own work... You guys must be a couple of suit wearing yuppies having a mid life crisis so you PAID some idiot to make you a bike to make you feel like your better in bed.

Stick to making your lawn and family look better and leave real riding to REAL BIKERS!!!!

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#19 May 18, 2014
He can't be that bad if there's 7 yrs between complaints.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four defendants indicted in multi-million dolla... 4 min Oscar Meyer 14
News 5 road projects that could make your commute hell 9 min Iescapedny 15
MS-13 members ARE Animals! 11 min Iescapedny 31
Which Local Tops Markets Should Close ? 24 min Meghan Duchess of... 60
Someyhing Smells Funke 8 hr DumpTrump 1
New Police Station at Lake and 104 10 hr Fred E 20
News Cop's advice on home break-in turns ugly 10 hr DumpTrump 9

Spencerport Jobs

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages