Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Calling Arunas a rat should be a compliment. I have other appropriate names for him.

The city spent 50 million dollars knocking down mid-town in preparation for a supposed new head quarters for Paetec. We can barely provide decent education for our kids, but have 50 million to blow on a site that will now be empty until further notice. I don't care what that rat said but Arunas had a good inkling that his company will probably be bought out by Windstream. He should not have duped city officials to spend all that money for nothing.

Arunas is nothing more than a cheat and a scam artist at best. This is a prime example of how to steal and cheat cities around the US.

Whats done is done, its pointless for our officials to try to make any effort to try to keep them. Unless they give Windstream millions of dollars in tax incentives, those employees in Fairport are toast. I'm sure Windstream isn't going to eliminate all 900 of them, but I am willing to bet the company will let go 50% of them in the coming future. Just like how Frontier now has only a fraction of their employees here left and Time Warner Cable is preparing to send all of the call center jobs to Albany.

Another rat, another day.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

all good points.
our infrastructure is shot and we're trying to pour money into this guys bank account.
what rock will he hide under to avoid the inevitable comments at Wegmans or at a community event?
the only winners here are the telcom companies that get to pick the best available PaeTec people before the blood-letting.
nothing surprises me anymore.
semper fi forever

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Roc Guy in the City wrote:
Calling Arunas a rat should be a compliment. I have other appropriate names for him.
The city spent 50 million dollars knocking down mid-town in preparation for a supposed new head quarters for Paetec. We can barely provide decent education for our kids, but have 50 million to blow on a site that will now be empty until further notice. I don't care what that rat said but Arunas had a good inkling that his company will probably be bought out by Windstream. He should not have duped city officials to spend all that money for nothing.
Arunas is nothing more than a cheat and a scam artist at best. This is a prime example of how to steal and cheat cities around the US.
Whats done is done, its pointless for our officials to try to make any effort to try to keep them. Unless they give Windstream millions of dollars in tax incentives, those employees in Fairport are toast. I'm sure Windstream isn't going to eliminate all 900 of them, but I am willing to bet the company will let go 50% of them in the coming future. Just like how Frontier now has only a fraction of their employees here left and Time Warner Cable is preparing to send all of the call center jobs to Albany.
Another rat, another day.
He's a business man, that's all. The city was STUPID, not to get any GOOD FAITH money down.
What would you do, if you had the chance of making a cool 72 MILLION dollars???????? Bull, you'd jump at the chance and laugh all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Its funny that Duffy went on record endorsing this rat faced Chesonis and Duffy got fooled into the costly knocking down of buildings.
Jeff K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

semper fi forever wrote:
<quoted text>He's a business man, that's all. The city was STUPID, not to get any GOOD FAITH money down.
What would you do, if you had the chance of making a cool 72 MILLION dollars???????? Bull, you'd jump at the chance and laugh all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!!
You have a good point. The city was very stupid to do a "hand shake" deal. However i'm sure Mr. Rat pumped up the deal and made it seem like it was a sure shot. His VP was at an event doing a speech in 2008 at the red cross fund raiser hyping up the big Paetec building downtown. He was quoted saying Paetec cant wait to start building as soon as the demolition is complete. He went on to say that it would bring Rochester back to life and Paetec is committed 100%.
Mr. Rat, I am very disappointed in you.
cutes

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

How does a crumbling, crime infested city make a ''verbal'' agreement when this much money is at stake? Who is responsible for this? Will anyone be held accountable? Knocking down midtown sealed the city's fate. It will never recover or be profitable again. This Cesonis crook wouldn't even give an interview!!! What does that tell you!!!
Uncle Buck

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

cutes wrote:
How does a crumbling, crime infested city make a ''verbal'' agreement when this much money is at stake? Who is responsible for this? Will anyone be held accountable? Knocking down midtown sealed the city's fate. It will never recover or be profitable again. This Cesonis crook wouldn't even give an interview!!! What does that tell you!!!
Deals made out of desperation are never a good idea. I always used to say that things have to get worse before they get better but in this case I don't foresee anything getting any better.
Jeff K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

cutes wrote:
Mr. Rat built himself to be a "reputable" business leader. He had all the right cards delt to him. A fast growing and fairly profitable CLEC, went to school locally at the U of R, wrote a book about how to treat your employees well and paid good money for PR people to make Mr. Rat look like a friendly Mickey Mouse.

Then Mr. Rat trades his soul for money. Windstream is buying out Paetec for 2.3 billion dollars. Mr. Rat will walk away with probably a nice sum of cash. But also will walk away scamming the city of Rochester for 50 million dollars, kicking his hard working employees out in Fairport that made him his millions, and Mr. Rat will forever be known as the most slick shyster this town has ever seen thus far.

Dont get me wrong, the Fast Ferry was a piece of turd and costed Rochester a few million, but Mr. Rat is costing Rochester over 50 million. This figure is not including the upkeep needed to keep the other city rats from vandalizing the property, and paying someone to upkeep the empty lot that used to be known as mid-town plaza.

Mr. Arunas Chesonis, you will forever be known as the biggest shyster that has ever step foot into this town. I hope you move as far away from rochester because I don't want to smell your filth again.
Cole Train

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

cutes wrote:
i read in the d and c that he is going to speak to the public next wednesday. he needs at least a week to come up with lies and b.s., be patient rochester, mr rat will explain himself.
nascarFAN

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

This is way worst then the Fast Ferry bs that happened a few years ago. At least it was built and idiots could actually overpay to get a ride to Toronto and then walk off the boat in refugee style.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

nascarFAN wrote:
This is way worst then the Fast Ferry bs that happened a few years ago. At least it was built and idiots could actually overpay to get a ride to Toronto and then walk off the boat in refugee style.
You can't be serious!! Do you know any of the facts from the fast ferry fiasco?
Don L Trump

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

I will build a giant HQ complex north of the city, running from the inner loop to 104, between the river and 590. I am 100% committed. Please go ahead and start knocking that neighborhood down immediately.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

So who exactly benefitted from this fiasco? Who did the demolition work? I would be checking their connections and finances.
meep beep

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

RAT RAT RAT! We should have been screaming when we saw this moron try to further ruin our city. It was bad enough at midtown with all the crime, but now that its gone, the crime is still present but now an empty hole that looks like a building in Iraq.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

I'm still pissed at this man for what he did to our beautiful city....
Booth

Hastings, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Hmmm how strange that after all your insults on this blog the building is finished and Windstream kept up the promise Arunas made to the city. He was a good man to work for and it was a great company to be a part of.
Well

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Yeah, he's number 2... only behind Dave Feidler, Rochester's best CEO. Arunas is a crook that exploits people.
puzzo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Thank god for glazer and morgan
Truth

Victor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Well wrote:
Yeah, he's number 2... only behind Dave Feidler, Rochester's best CEO. Arunas is a crook that exploits people.
He is simply a business man who made a company for profit. He founded PEATEC which stands for the first letter of of the first name of his immediate family fallowed by C standing for Chesonis. He started it with less than 1 million in capitol and it grew to a huge local corporation and he had every intention of continuing but when offered what amounted to almost 1 Billion $$$ from Windstrom he sold as anyone in their right mind would do... seeing as the market can fluctuate rapidly now a days.

Before you go on a liberal rant think about it. Only a fool in this market would turn down what he excepted and to this DAY Windstrom still employs the same people that worked for Peatec and they are living good lives on a good income.

As for the Building deal well that's just stupid for a municipality to get involved in private business, because well the track record since Roosevelt has shown it never works. Blame your local politicians for that debacle not a savvy business man looking to make $$$$$$$$$
Aspen

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He is simply a business man who made a company for profit. He founded PEATEC which stands for the first letter of of the first name of his immediate family fallowed by C standing for Chesonis. He started it with less than 1 million in capitol and it grew to a huge local corporation and he had every intention of continuing but when offered what amounted to almost 1 Billion $$$ from Windstrom he sold as anyone in their right mind would do... seeing as the market can fluctuate rapidly now a days.
Before you go on a liberal rant think about it. Only a fool in this market would turn down what he excepted and to this DAY Windstrom still employs the same people that worked for Peatec and they are living good lives on a good income.
As for the Building deal well that's just stupid for a municipality to get involved in private business, because well the track record since Roosevelt has shown it never works. Blame your local politicians for that debacle not a savvy business man looking to make $$$$$$$$$
Windstream does NOT still employ the same people that worked for PAETEC. I put in 12 years and was laid off back in Feb. Myself along with 400 others. Windstream is closing offices and moving it's operations overseas and to Little Rock. A local manager tried to get positions moved locally, but was told no. He had 67 applicants for 1 position, while the 7 positions in Little Rock received no applications and his Supervisor position in Little Rock only received 2 applicants. I was a proud employee of PAETEC, but have felt totally screwed since Arunas sold the company. He talked about how he cared for the community and his employees. What a crock.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Spencerport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••